Newcastle sign ex Coventry Utd Ladies midfielder (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

Blind-Faith

Noone Cares GIF by Ryan The Creative

Happy_Martian

And how is this relevant on a Coventry City forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because she exited her contract with Coventry Ladies earlier this month. BTW, this has already been moved to the Football and Other Sports forum. You probably were redirected here from the original post in the General Chat forum.

Grendel

Someone had to take it on after SISU basically axed our ladies team.

well I think there were some reasons behind that which you could understand

Grendel

Probably to do with who was running them.

Besides, are they relegated or bust yet along with the men's team?

not far off I’d guess - aren’t they bottom with a couple of points

ccfctommy

Probably to do with who was running them.

Besides, are they relegated or bust yet along with the men's team?
Maybe so, but they were given no help from SISU from what I'm led to understand.

They won last week, first points of the season. Signed eight players apparently, so hopefully they will stay up.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe so, but they were given no help from SISU from what I'm led to understand.

They won last week, first points of the season. Signed eight players apparently, so hopefully they will stay up.

No help from Cov Utd either is there?

Rock bottom, going down. Good.

ccfctommy

No help from Cov Utd either is there?

Rock bottom, going down. Good.

Probably not. I think they run as a standalone club but still playing under the Coventry United banner? The womens and the mens team seem to have different owners. They should probably just call themselves Coventry Ladies FC or something like that.

Why do you want them to get relegated for?

Nick

Administrator
Probably not. I think they run as a standalone club but still playing under the Coventry United banner? The womens and the mens team seem to have different owners. They should probably just call themselves Coventry Ladies FC or something like that.

Why do you want them to get relegated for?

Let's not forget the purpose of Cov United.
Let's not also forget who was running the ladies team when they moved to Cov United.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why? It’s a total waste of budget which is rather go to our team
Because I'd like us to be an inclusive club that wants to cater for all.

I admit at the moment it's being subsidised by the men's game but it is growing and IF they can maintain some sense of reality should they start getting improved TV deals etc. it'd be something good to have.

But we do have higher priorities and we'd need to focus on improving training facilities, maybe even getting some form of ownership of the ground and even upgrading the academy first. But ultimately I think it'd be good to have a woman's team

Grendel

Probably referring to the clubs that didn't give a fuck about women's football then were offered a free pass into the top flight in the place of those that did

But hardly any club does anyway

Grendel

Because I'd like us to be an inclusive club that wants to cater for all.

I admit at the moment it's being subsidised by the men's game but it is growing and IF they can maintain some sense of reality should they start getting improved TV deals etc. it'd be something good to have.

But we do have higher priorities and we'd need to focus on improving training facilities, maybe even getting some form of ownership of the ground and even upgrading the academy first. But ultimately I think it'd be good to have a woman's team

So cater for all should there be a trans 11 as well or in Scotland’s case I guess it’s an all womens team sharing one changing room regardless?

Users who are viewing this thread