Next 3 games (3 Viewers)

Otis

Are Yeovil away and then Rochdale 5th place and Preston 4th place.

Not looking good is it. :whistle:

Then we have Scunthorpe and then 6th place Bradford, then 7th place Sheff Utd and then 3rd place MK Dons.

Time for new destinations set up in our sat navs perhaps?

D

Deleted member 4439

When can i order my League 2 tour t-shirt?

Probably just resignation and acceptance on my part, but the thought of a tour of even crappier grounds is holding a strange fascination for me. Just taking the positives.

ecky

He needs to be sacked tonight..the latest Monday and Sisu need to pay a good manager to come in even if its only until the end of the season.

Evo1883

3 points off relegation ,teaams below us with games in hand , and that run of fixtures ..... Got any rope

skybluericoh

He needs to be sacked tonight..the latest Monday and Sisu need to pay a good manager to come in even if its only until the end of the season.

There is a flaw in your statement 'Sisu need to pay' there is a much chance of that as us getting to the play offs.

Gazolba

Where is that guy who keeps telling us how many points we are away from the play-offs?

Gazolba

Then we have Scunthorpe and then 6th place Bradford, then 7th place Sheff Utd and then 3rd place MK Dons.

We are so inconsistent, we could well beat some of them. What worries me is we have so few players, we are having difficult fielding a bench which can add anything to the team.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I said going into the Colchester match at the end of November we had an easyish run coming up, we really needed more points from those games. Failures against Walsall (H), Fleetwood, Chesterfield, Doncaster and today may come back to bite us. These are the sort of games you need to be be picking up points in.

percy

the problem with them sacking pressley is that they would have to sack waggott as well. so who then is left to advise fisher on a replacement

Neutral Fan

Probably just resignation and acceptance on my part, but the thought of a tour of even crappier grounds is holding a strange fascination for me. Just taking the positives.

You could visit Sixfields! LOL. The *new* stand is still half finished...last time I went past, the builders had still downed-tools.

Paxman II

I find it increasingly hard to defend the guy tbh but when a team collapses from it's task in the last 10 minutes then questions must be asked of the players and not just the manager.

Lets be honest here how many of those players we have are playing to their full ability?

If they are not then is it the manager, the training by other members of the coaching staff, the fitness regime, the state of affairs off pitch or a combination of all of those? I don't believe these players are not good enough, they are but we are not getting the best from them.

How long do we wait to see if he can turn it around? Is there a manager who you think would not be a gamble in appointing if Pressley should go?

Rossler and Adkins have higher profile than Pressley yet they have failed recently having been successes elsewhere.
I feel if we are to change it we need someone who will know the leagues well and that surely is Adkins? I would be tempted to offer him a deal to the end of the season and see what he could do. Pressley I don't think has the skill to succeed as manager here but would be a very good number 2.

As for the games coming up. You can never predict how things go. We may do much better than the form suggest so the whole thing is a conundrum. Are they backing Pressley with money to spend? No. Will they back a new manager with money? No.

I would maybe appoint Adkins and make Pressley his number 2. I believe Pressley could learn a few management things from him and perhaps take back the realms at a later stage in a few years time. just a thought because it looks like Pressley needs help to me rather than derision.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can't imagine either of these managers would want to work for these owners and people like Waggott selling his better players and replacing them with crap, I would like Neil Warnock as he would take none of the crap from Fisher and Waggott, but my guess is if we ever get rid of Pressley Waggott will start managing the side!

CCFC PimpRail

I find it increasingly hard to defend the guy tbh but when a team collapses from it's task in the last 10 minutes then questions must be asked of the players and not just the manager.

Lets be honest here how many of those players we have are playing to their full ability?

If they are not then is it the manager, the training by other members of the coaching staff, the fitness regime, the state of affairs off pitch or a combination of all of those? I don't believe these players are not good enough, they are but we are not getting the best from them.

Isn't it the players then.....? The only motivation they have to play well is to get noticed and either sold to a better club or shipped back to their own. Anyone thinking they're at ccfc for the long haul must be deluded, the only lifers are the ever decreasing number of fans.

skybluebal

I've seen a few comments about Pressley being a number 2 (assistant!). I have seen/read nothing that gives me any confidence that he could even do this role.

Publicly, I am not aware of any other club looking to poach him, so he his not enhancing whatever reputation he has and is actually destroying any credibility he has. He should walk and has a ready made excuse of no support from the owners.

As much as we did not like the Mark Robins departure, he at least achieved something for the club and himself in the short time he was here such that a higher league team, Huddersfield, can't believe I am writing that, poached him. I believe that one of the key reasons was/is SISU's commitment to the club.

I respect Pressley for sticking with it, but he needs to consider the impact on his reputation. When SISU liquidate the club, he will be left without a job and a reputation that he can do without.

Grendel

Rochdale with their huge squad and resources are 5th.

That says it all about Pressley.

Grendel

I've seen a few comments about Pressley being a number 2 (assistant!). I have seen/read nothing that gives me any confidence that he could even do this role.

Publicly, I am not aware of any other club looking to poach him, so he his not enhancing whatever reputation he has and is actually destroying any credibility he has. He should walk and has a ready made excuse of no support from the owners.

As much as we did not like the Mark Robins departure, he at least achieved something for the club and himself in the short time he was here such that a higher league team, Huddersfield, can't believe I am writing that, poached him. I believe that one of the key reasons was/is SISU's commitment to the club.

I respect Pressley for sticking with it, but he needs to consider the impact on his reputation. When SISU liquidate the club, he will be left without a job and a reputation that he can do without.

Rochdale are 5th in the league.

Scunthorpe have less resources and have only lost two games in 15 - I wonder why.

Sick Boy

Rochdale are 5th in the league.

Scunthorpe have less resources and have only lost two games in 15 - I wonder why.

They don't have sisu suckling the lifeblood out of them. It was claimed the other day that our players are league 2/conference standard and that we should feel sorry for them for being put in this situation by sisu.

RegTheDonk

.....I would maybe appoint Adkins and make Pressley his number 2. I believe Pressley could learn a few management things from him and perhaps take back the realms at a later stage in a few years time. just a thought because it looks like Pressley needs help to me rather than derision.

Not sure about Adkins per say Pax, but I would definitely go with this idea. Hopefully, Pressley's temper and pride would make him resign at the notion of not being the top dog. Either way, someone else gets to decide who and how we play.

Problem with all this is someone new will want to bring in their own players, takes time and money etc. Maybe, by some 'kin miracle, SISU have learned in the last seven years that you don't get anywhere by cost cutting and selling your better players. Lets be honest the current squad aren't doing it even though "on paper" they're supposed to be decent players. If a new boy can't turn them around then they're just as much to blame and need to be cleared out too.

Chez78

Yeovil are shocking at home so we are the perfect team for them, both Preston and Rochdale are 50/50 away from home. LWL for me, if Pressley is gone and they have a quick replacement lined might be different but I doubt they will have a replacement lined up or that he will be sacked.

Sick Boy

Adkins wouldn't come here. It's nearly as unrealistic as those who genuinely believed that Harry Redknapp would be willing to come here.

Chez78

Yeovil are shocking at home so we are the perfect team for them, both Preston and Rochdale are 50/50 away from home. LWL for me, if Pressley is gone and they have a quick replacement lined might be different but I doubt they will have a replacement lined up or that he will be sacked.

Actually I've just seen how many Rochdale score away from home and how many Yeovil score at home change it to DLL

Chez78

Adkins wouldn't come here. It's nearly as unrealistic as those who genuinely believed that Harry Redknapp would be willing to come here.

Don't agree with you much but 100% correct, I'd have a look at Edinburgh at Newport county (only if his assistant comes with him), and if possible Ainsworth at Wycombe he's doing a great job there and has a great record in the transfer market.

Users who are viewing this thread