Next season (1 Viewer)

Jim

Realistically, given the choice what would everyone prefer?

League one with Hoffman or Championship with SISU?

Personally, I'd take league one and the club in Hoffmans hands with investment coming in.....

Last edited:

ccfcway

I'd take the conference to get rid of these muppets.

I just want to feel that we are at least looking to build and want me club back.

in short, i want to enjoy Saturdays again !!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Don't want League 1. We'd NEVER get out of it! We are the ONLY club in ALL divisions that have not finished in the top six in ANY league since we were promoted to the old first division in '67! Not a good record for taking into a lower league is it? :(

I don't want SISU but I don't want relegation either. What f**kin' options do we have left?

stupot07

League 1 as long as that doesn't affect investment.

Definitely don't want league one - we'd lose far too much income form the football league, premier league, tv rights, sponsorship and attendances - we'll have to cut our cloth further and either stagnate in league one or we'll be looking at another Relegation battle

Skyblueloyal

I think the way were going we will be in League 1 anyway, but if Sisu are not here then all the better, but God knows how long it would take us to get out of it.

Gaz

If league 1 football brought in owners who would start building us up and getting us back on track ( which I honestly believe Hoffman would do ) then I would say yes, as staying with Sisu we are going in that direction anyway.

Marty

Championship. The promises of investment were also made by SISU when they took over.

Which they delivered on, on the playing side of things, Brought in some very good players for the first year or so when they took over. Although that could of been more of Ransons doing??

I don't care who is in charge as long as they are willing to invest in the club and secure the long term future of the club, and if that means sticking with SISU for the foreseeable future then so be it.

Last edited:

Jim

Given we were top flight for over 30 years it isnt so bad we werent in top 6 but the last 10 years are more of a worry.

However, the original post stated league one with investment or championship without. With investment from Hoffmans group we would win promotion from league one within two years at the most. Far more preferable than dying in the championship....

Last edited:

sky_blue_up_north

did we not say something similar when we dropped out the Prem, just one season, reinvestment 10 years later we are still here. The same will happen if we drop to Division 1. No I want to stay in this league at all costs

Disorganised1

We were in division 3 when I first started going to Highfield Road - two men with ambition, and imagination took the club to the top league - since then we've been dragged down by men with personal ambition and a lot of greed.

What needs to change is the rational at the club and in the City.

coundonskyblue

Another way of looking at this is would you prefer bottom end championship finishes for the next few years or top end league 1 finishes?

I'm confident that even with little investment we would still be a top 10 league 1 side. After watching City for 20 years all I have ever seen is losses, losses and losses. Just for once I would like to see them win more games than they lose in a season, I dont really care what league they have to be in for that to happen.

Covstu

Sadly league one is inevitable in my opinion whether it be administration or due to the piss poor team we currently have so i think we all need to get used to the idea. I think the biggest issue is whether we can keep in league one if we get the points deducted through admin!!!

PhilWasn'tBabb

I think we are more than likely going to end up with SISU and league one football and given their views on investment in playing staff I should think we will have to get used to playing there for some time to come.

sky_blue_up_north

I think we are more than likely going to end up with SISU and league one football and given their views on investment in playing staff I should think we will have to get used to playing there for some time to come.

Totally agree cannot see anything else at the moment unless a Fairy Godmother come along, we don't get many of those, but life as Sky Blues fan is a Pantomime

coundonskyblue

I'm getting 2001 deja vu, this was how I rationalised our PL relegation.

The only difference is between now & 2001 is that we should be able to attract decent league 1 players to us next year. Even in 2001 we was not a big club by championship standards, but we will probably be one of the biggest clubs in league 1 next year so attracting players should be easier.

ajsccfc

I don't know, we started by buying the Championship striker then for big money, and we've only just been trumped for a League Two striker. Were we to go down, I'm not sure I share your confidence of a quick return.

Marty

I don't know, we started by buying the Championship striker then for big money, and we've only just been trumped for a League Two striker. Were we to go down, I'm not sure I share your confidence of a quick return.

I agree, when we do go down it would be very similar to how we went out of the prem, but i think we would fall to league two within a matter of 2-3 years.

coundonskyblue

I didnt say we would quickly return, just that we should be a top half team in league 1.

Bennets Afro

Aren't the FFP rules differen in league 1 and 2 where expenditure can only be 60% of turnover???

More cuts if we go down unless we got a full house every game. Can't see that happening

Tankie

Hi Guys& Gals
Correct me if I'm wrong in saying, but isn't it too late for any Takeover deal to have any impact on our fortunes, with the window about to close, the new owners would be hamstrung by the fact that they couldn't sign any player before the January window opens, and there is a big possibility we could be down by then, given our league position and results.

I believe there is an emergancy signing loophole, but
whether or not this could be used by ourselves, i'm not sure, it could strongly be argued that the club has deliberatly caused its own problems by selling several major players and not replacing any, I'm only guessing but the emergancy signing law is probably meant to be used in times of hardship due to a serious injury crisis at a club.

If we are in fact relegated, any possible Takeover Bid may be scuppered, investment in the first division, may not appeal to the current interested parties, the breakdown in last weeks talks, and the subsiquent withdrawl of the Hoffman Bid, may have a far more serious impact on the future of CCFC than at first appears.
Regards ... Tankie.....

Users who are viewing this thread