Next season (2 Viewers)

covboy9

Priority is an experienced keeper

I think Moore and Wilson go, I’d like Collins to be shown the door too(ruthless robins like with maro

defence left back JDS(has turned it around) and bidwell fine at left back , can we get better probably

right back van ewijk is fine, lati utility

centre back, sign Binks, lati utility, i want another signing please

midfield, Kelly will leave, Allen probably needs upgrading , sheaf will probably leave and need’s replacing, two centre mids needed, O’Hare needs replacing palmer not good enough so AM needed

up front, keep hold of simms wright there will be bids, time for Godden to be sold, a new striker would be good but not priority

all in all I hope we use the loan market next season
priority list
1. Keeper
2. Centre mid
3. Number 10

after that another centre back and another centre mid

Brylowes

I think Moore and Wilson go, I’d like Collins to be shown the door too(ruthless robins like with maro

defence left back JDS(has turned it around) and bidwell fine at left back , can we get better probably

midfield, Kelly will leave, Allen probably needs upgrading , sheaf will probably leave and need’s replacing, two centre mids needed, O’Hare needs replacing palmer not good enough so AM needed

up front, keep hold of simms wright there will be bids, time for Godden to be sold, a new striker would be good but not priority

priority list
1. Keeper
2. Centre mid
3. Number 10

I could pick at a lot of that but just regarding strikers, if Godden goes surely signing 1 striker (minimum) is a priority.
And If all 3 keepers leave 🤔 we’ll have to bring 3 in won’t we.

Hertsccfc

priority list
1. Keeper
2. Centre mid
3. Number 10

I agree with a lot of that but you can't just get rid of players on long contracts like Collins. I guess we have to take the hit as this is the downside of the model.

Obviously a new keeper is top priority.

I thought Kelly was fine on Wednesday and is useful back up if cheap. Allen has been unlucky and could be a useful squad plater next season.But assuming Sheaf goes we need a centre mid and an AM in place of O'Hare.

We also need much more depth in the squad. I think next year will end up being another transitional season with quite a lot if new players in the squad.

messiahrobins

priority list
1. Keeper
2. Centre mid
3. Number 10

Experienced Mcfadzean type CB, late 20's or early 30's
New 6ft 4inc plus GK late 20's
young high potential RW to give cover/competition for Sakamoto
New young high prospect striker as back up for Simms who we can develop

Controversially, i dont think we need to replace Ohare. I would like us to go with three in midfield with Eccles the holder, and Sheaf and Torp the box to box midfielders in front of him. I would personally keep Kelly unless we get that Kyprianou from Peterboro who would be a great signing.

Getting a new no 10 as good as or better than Ohare will be far too expensive and of course no guarantee the signing is successful, and with Torp i think we can adapt that midfield to accomodate him Sheaf and Eccles, and we also have Allen as well.

messiahrobins

I agree with a lot of that but you can't just get rid of players on long contracts like Collins. I guess we have to take the hit as this is the downside of the model.

Obviously a new keeper is top priority.

I thought Kelly was fine on Wednesday and is useful back up if cheap. Allen has been unlucky and could be a useful squad plater next season.But assuming Sheaf goes we need a centre mid and an AM in place of O'Hare.

We also need much more depth in the squad. I think next year will end up being another transitional season with quite a lot if new players in the squad.
Id keep Kelly and Allen as well two quality back up options, i suppose the concern with Kelly is can he stay fit.
Collins wont be sold, he wil be no.2 next season, Wilson at his age wont want to be no.2 understandably.
I wouldnt get a no.10, just dont think we can afford it as to get as good or better than Ohare will be £8m plus and its always a risk spending that amount of money for a club like us. Sheaf Eccles Torp would be formidable with Wright Simms and Sakamoto in fornt of them.
Definitely need more depth of course though.

TomRad85

Well when i say cover/back up, inherent in that is they must also be challenging for the first team so essentially the same level as the player they are competing with
Correct. The drop off from the 1st 11, outside of a couple of players, has been noticeable. New players need to be interchangeable with what is considered the current 1st 11.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

Could Sakamoto play no 10 ?

blunted

Think O'Hare will leave, Kelly will probably go to a lower division club and Moore will be released. Be surprised if we buy a new goalie. Collins has been pants recently but was fine for most of the season. Worried that Godden has gone from excellent back up to looking as if he has lost it. However, he has a year to go, (I think), so why would he move unless it suits him? Allen, Tatsu and Tavares will hopefully have recovered from bad injuries. The latter I thought was on his way out but has really stepped up recently.
There is a danger our best players will be cherry picked. Sheaf has been brilliant and we were poor when he was injured. Luton apparently bid £8 million in January. Hadji Wright and Simms took a long time to settle but may attract interest. If you score goals there is always demand. Hadji Wright when fit is a handfull.
We have to hope Vic moves on and we get a windfall.
Rumour has it Bologna want stupid money for Binks which is a shame, as before the injury he was improving dramatically accoring to MR and he is only 22.
Hopefully we can get an experienced but not too old centre back in the Fadz mould, a midfield enforcer who can play a bit and a striker or number 10 who can chip in with goals and assists.
Whilst King does not like loans, two top Prem youngsters would help to give the squad depth.
A lot of people think Burrows will come back as a world beater, but it is a big step up from League 1 and I'm not sure he has played so much since his car crash. Hopefully Burrows and Obikwu will be good enough to supplement the squad.

Cally Fedora

A big midfield signing would push us to the next level. Plus it would plug the O’Hare gap. We’ve got enough goals up front. Tavares = Godden and we have EMC coming in and Saka returning. Make the splash in midfield. Just replace elsewhere ie Kelly/Binks

Gleneagles65

We will be one of the few clubs who actually have money to spend! Bookmark this but Coventry will go up autos next season.

zuni

We have to many backup players all of which lack the quality we need,

keep Collins as no2 and Kelly
binks if we can

get rid of Godden, pity been a great player but not taking us forward
palmer…almost good but not good enough
allan just doesn’t have the quality but quality does work hard
wilson and moore
controversial…eccles, we need better
ohare gone anyway

Sick Boy

binks if we can

wilson and moore
ohare gone anyway
There’s no way Kelly will be here next season.

Saddlebrains

binks if we can

wilson and moore
ohare gone anyway

Getting rid of Eccles is a ridiculous view. The lads been getting better and better

TomRad85

Yeah suggesting to get rid of Eccles and keep Kelly is just madness at this point.
Absolutely bonkers. I don't even know what Eccles would sell for, it's very hard to gauge what other clubs would value him at.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

thekidfromstrettoncamp

binks if we can

wilson and moore
ohare gone anyway
Get rid of Eccles? What are you on been 1 of our best players where are you going to get better without spending big money.
"We have to many back up players" the very thing we have been short of the likes of Palmer and Allen IMO you keep.
As for O'Hare I know odds are against but until pen is put to paper there is still time to convince him he future is here.
The likes of Godden and Kelly will move on as age catches up with them and thanks for their time here.

skyblue025

A lot of people thinking the Autos are achievable next year which I don't think is realistic unless Doug is spending 25-30 mil again.

One of Leeds/Southampton/Ipswich will be staying down, Burnley went up with 100+ points last season, Shef Utd went up 90 + points and signed our best player, West Brom have new owner's so likely to spend, Norwich, Hull and Middlesbrough also likely in the mix with us.

As much as I loved the cup run I'd prioritise the league next season. Try and be in the and around the playoffs all season and not playing catch up after Xmas.

Players coming in need to be better than current players so this year's starters become squad players thus improving the first team and squad depth. Wish list would be;
New keeper
No10
Centre mid box to box
Right winger (back up)
Striker (Back up)

Also have Burrows, Obikwu and Howley returning from loan. Burrows has played 35 games for Lincoln, Obikwu 16 games 3 goals for Grimsby mainly from the bench (since Jan) , Howley a disappointing 13 games again mainly from the bench.

Last edited:

shmmeee

A lot of people thinking the Autos are achievable next year which I don't think is realistic unless Doug is spending 25-30 mil again.

One of Leeds/Southampton/Ipswich will be staying down, Burnley went up with 100+ points last season, Shef Utd went up 90 + points and signed our best player, West Brom have new owner's so likely to spend, Norwich, Hull and Middlesbrough also likely in the mix with us.

As much as I loved the cup run I'd prioritise the league next season. Try and be in the and around the playoffs all season and not playing catch up after Xmas.

£18m for autos IMO. sell sheaf for £12m Vik money is around £6m. So doable.

£4.5m AM
£4.5m CM
£3M GK
£3M LB
£1.5m RW
£1.5m CB
CB, CM, ST frees.

Users who are viewing this thread