Next seasons captain (1 Viewer)

banbury_skyblue

With Clingan out of contract and Keogh likely to leave who will be left experienced enough to be considered a likely replace?

My choice would be Richard Wood.

He has captained Sheff Wed and plays in the ideal position for a captain.

other than Wood, the only other realistic candidates would be Murphy or McSheffrey in my opinion.

torchomatic

WHoever catches the ball kicked into the crowd by SBS.

sky_blue_up_north

Herman

Simples

He will be gone, thought he was only here till the end of the season. Wood is good shout if he is still here.

Otis

We won't be able to afford Hermann's wages next season.

Probably won't be Wood as I am not convinced he will still be here, can't be Platt as he will only be a bit part player. Would guess it could be Murphy or a new player that will be coming in.

banbury_skyblue

And would any club be interested in Wood? He had a pretty average season when he played and has been very injury prone this season.
And where wages are concerned, we bought him from League 1 so I doubt he is on the same wages as the likes of Freddy, Crainie or Clingan.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, he was signed from Wednesday while they were still in the Championship-though I assume all of our players have relegation salary drops in their contracts anyway.

WestEndAgro

Do we need a captain, we didn't have one this season, and seem to have done okay ?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Let's see what squad we have before we decide on a captain? Saying that, I can't see Wood getting many offers after ring out injured for so long do he would be a good shout. With his long term injury and McPakes, can you imagine if we have to rely on them two as our back two next season :0

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Edward Smith!! (Captain of the Titanic!) He'd be used to sinking ships!

Nick

Administrator
Will he? He hasnt been back since his injury... He struggled when asked if he knew where coventry was

Paxman II

Not sure but if relegated players contracts have certain clauses in them. I would expect that means wage structure and release clauses. It is always a two way street in a contract. Don't just assume those like Wood will remain on the same wgaes? Also a minimum number of games must be played....hell there are lots of clauses. So who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread