Next season's kit (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Kid

But doesn't all sky blue just remind you of Manchester City?

We go back to all sky blue, I think we are going to come across as a cheap imitimation of them unfortunately.

Their rise to prominence seemingly makes them the only Sky Blues to the baying media and press.

The Sky blue and white at least reminds us of our glory years and gives us a sense of identity to that period.

For outsiders, they think Coventry City and many of them are going to relate to 1987!

Man City have almost always worn light blue shirts and white shorts. Their nickname has, and always will be to me "The Citizens" Coventry will always be known as the "Sky Blues" Nothing will change that.

Skyblueweeman

I reckon we're probably the only club out of the 92 that can switch between plain and stripes in our home kit. Any others?!

I'm more of a stripe than plain myself. Would take a good plain to win me over!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

I reckon we're probably the only club out of the 92 that can switch between plain and stripes in our home kit. Any others?!

I'm more of a stripe than plain myself. Would take a good plain to win me over!

I'm a stripe man too.

Might explain while I am currently going out with a zebra.

Skyblueweeman

I'm a stripe man too.

Might explain while I am currently going out with a zebra.

Otis...there are 4 certainties in life every day. I'll wake up, I'll go to bed, Grendel and Tony will have a barney and you'll tell awful jokes!! Keep it up mate.

skybluekelly98

Man city are light blue and white. Our second colour is NAVY, however all sky blue is the way our kits should be. The 13/14 (first year in league 1) kit was our perfect kit, other than the relegation kit

Otis

Man city are light blue and white. Our second colour is NAVY, however all sky blue is the way our kits should be. The 13/14 (first year in league 1) kit was our perfect kit, other than the relegation kit
Man City are the Sky Blues too.

Last edited:

wingy

97 -98 I think.
Huckerby/Dublin era broad almost black and Sky blue stripes for me. Absolutely loved It.
Almost a continental feel to it,

Gazolba

Ok, if you want something completely different, how about this old CCFC strip from God knows when:
CCFC-Orange-Green.jpg
These colours are guaranteed to make the opposition feel queasy and if we had a few players looking like that it would scare them to death.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Hate stripes, makes us look like a Tesco value range.

No matter what the suggestion, someone will hate it. How about the turning the stripes around and having sky blue hoops? You'll probably say it looks like a Rugby strip.

When I first started watching CCFC (pre-Sky Blues era), we played in blue and white, a bit like Arsenal's strip except blue instead of red. It looked pretty good and was distinctive. Personally, I think it was short-sighted of JH to tie our nickname to a colour, locking us into a colour for the rest of our existence.

NorthernWisdom

No matter what the suggestion, someone will hate it. How about the turning the stripes around and having sky blue hoops? You'll probably say it looks like a Rugby strip.

When I first started watching CCFC (pre-Sky Blues era), we played in blue and white, a bit like Arsenal's strip except blue instead of red. It looked pretty good and was distinctive. Personally, I think it was short-sighted of JH to tie our nickname to a colour, locking us into a colour for the rest of our existence.

Nah, QPR.

tbh I'd take an Arsenal style strip in sky blue.

Otis

97 -98 I think.
Huckerby/Dublin era broad almost black and Sky blue stripes for me. Absolutely loved It.
Yes!!! Stripes, stripes, stripes!!

Research has been carried out and it is proven that stripes also give the appearance of a team looking broader.

Best kits for me have been the stripey ones, plus the sky blue and black of the 1970's.

Worst one in recent memory was the all sky blue one that was incredibly wishy washy and looked pale and weedy.

Gazolba

97 -98 I think.

The Moldovan kit.
CCFC-Moldovan.jpg Moldovan-Huckerby.jpg

Last edited:

wingy

Yes!!! Stripes, stripes, stripes!!

Research has been carried out and it is proven that stripes also give the appearance of a team looking broader.

Best kits for me have been the stripey ones, plus the sky blue and black of the 1970's.

Worst one in recent memory was the all sky blue one that was incredibly wishy washy and looked pale and weedy.

I'd go as far as to say we looked physically bigger and more intimidating as a result.
Colour plays a massive role in affecting psychology.

letsallsingtogether

Maybe we should go to horizontal strips to make our players look broader and scare the opposition.

skybluelee

All sky blue for me. Despite the incredible memories the FA cup kit is my least favourite of all.

Given that next season is the 50th anniversary of the promotion to top flight it will be another 60s retro number for our home kit.

Hope so, we're the sky blues after all.

torchomatic

Opposite for me. 87 or not I hate stripes. Plain sky blue kits are the best for me.

I love the stripes!! Memories of 87 and all that.

Gazolba

<snip> we're the sky blues after all.

Yes, we're the Sky Blues but take a look at the sky sometime, it's all shades of blue ... and with white clouds too. And sometimes you get those black thunder clouds ...

letsallsingtogether

Opposite for me. 87 or not I hate stripes. Plain sky blue kits are the best for me.
Yes plain and simple just look classier,
Could be worse could have the one that looked like they had splashed white paint over it in the local creche.92-94

wingy

Yes plain and simple just look classier,
Could be worse could have the one that looked like they had splashed white paint over it in the local creche.92-94
Was that the one where the away version was red?
Then Alan Green said Coventry in the Pink shirts were lucky after smashing Blackburn 5-1 away

letsallsingtogether

Was that the one where the away version was red?
Then Alan Green said Coventry in the Pink shirts were lucky after smashing Blackburn 5-1 away

Believe it was that red one was even worse.

Otis

People seem to forget we were also relegated from the top tier, after 34 years, in the striped shirt.
All sky blue was what Jimmy Hill introduced and he made the club what it is in the modern era. All sky blue is in the club's DNA now.
But on checking Oakey, Hill brought in the all sky blue kit in 1962. We had all sky blue though only until 1972, so 10 years only. From 1972 to 1994 we had all sorts of combinations and variations, from black shorts to tramlines and big T's and stripes In 1994 we went back to sky blue, but since then it has been all sorts of variations besides just plain sky blue.

Jimmy Hill did indeed introduce the ALL sky blue, but it's not as entrenched in our DNA perhaps as you believe.

I still very much see this season's kit as sky blue and all the variations of it to, be in stripes or tramlines or whatever. We have always had sky blue in our kit since 1962, but all plain sky blue for very little time in the period since.

Last edited:

Wheelfass

But doesn't all sky blue just remind you of Manchester City?

We go back to all sky blue, I think we are going to come across as a cheap imitimation of them unfortunately.

Their rise to prominence seemingly makes them the only Sky Blues to the baying media and press
When I was a kid we were the only Sky Blues and Man City were known as either the light blues or the Citizens.
It's them who are the imitators.

Otis

When I was a kid we were the only Sky Blues and Man City were known as either the light blues or the Citizens.
It's them who are the imitators.
I don't think that is correct. They have always been known as the Citizens, but also as the Light Blues and the Sky Blues.

They wore sky blue well before us too.

Think it's only lately the media have latched on to it though.

Users who are viewing this thread