Next team selection for the game against Preston (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

What a great selection problem Robbins has now after watching the Donny game, do we bring Baker back in or do you stick to the same team against Donny which has been the best performance for years. Interesting to here what you have to say

Tonylinc

No No.....you don't change a winning side. That would completely send out the wrong message. Put Baker on the bench and bring on if nec. I am a big Baker fan but think that that is the best strategy from a team perspective.

shmmeee

No No.....you don't change a winning side. That would completely send out the wrong message. Put Baker on the bench and bring on if nec. I am a big Baker fan but think that that is the best strategy from a team perspective.

Exactly. Can't understand people who think dropping a player who scored and contributed to the best team performance of the season should be dropped for a player who took himself out of the running through silly bookings.

Baker and every other player in the squad needs to know that if they do something silly to lose their place they will have to fight for it back. Similarly the reserves need to know I they come in and play well they earn the shirt.

stupot07

Whilst I would normally agree with you shmmeee and Tony baker has been getting MOTM and scoring and assisting for fun and is also captain. Surely you always want your best 11 out there?

DMc is on 4 bookings, if he gets booked on Saturday and we beat mk dons away would you seriously keep him on the bench?

To be honest it's academic, Robins will bring him in an it will be Barton that gives way.

Grendel

Barton all but conceded he would be on the bench when he gave his post match interview.

skybluegod

I suppose it depends on who impresses more in training baker or barton. I like both but it is good to have a selection headache :) Also bailey loan ends soon so barton will be starting more games by the looks of it as bailey has only got 2 more matches with us.

stupot07

I suppose it depends on who impresses more in training baker or barton. I like both but it is good to have a selection headache :) Also bailey loan ends soon so barton will be starting more games by the looks of it as bailey has only got 2 more matches with us.

Please don't remind us. That's a disaster waiting to happen, thank god Thomas is back.

Grendel

I hope bailey returns after January and Thomas is more likely than Barton in that role if fit.

I think bailey should return.

Tonylinc

Barton all but conceded he would be on the bench when he gave his post match interview.
Yes, I was surprised at that too. I expected more of a fighting mentality from a player who had just scored such a great goal and played very well.

dongonzalos

Now that edge has worked his way back into the team and possibly Barton I wonder if Fleck and Malaga can step up to the plate

Mucca Mad Boys

Now that edge has worked his way back into the team and possibly Barton I wonder if Fleck and Malaga can step up to the plate

Malaga is all but on his way out of the building...

Fleck has been disappointing, but has 5 assists which tells you something! IMO.

Black6Osprey

Baker should come back in for Barton.

At the end of the day Robins will pick what he believes is the best team we can put on the pitch and whether we won the last game or not, doesn't come in to it.

Mucca Mad Boys

It tells me he can take a decent corner kick. ;)

*Set piece

Which can be a lethal weapon for a team. In this respect, Fleck takes us up a level as he is head and shoulders above every starter in the set piece department.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

It was a joke mate. Sorry.
Someone's been saying all day that sheff must be dropped

Subtle hint...

I think Sheff should be dropped, he hasn't been playing badly, but hasn't been playing the best for his position as of late, Baker is scoring for fun, Moussa is playing well and scoring goals as well, and Barton played well and scored a quality goal...

As someone said, could put a really good 40 yard pass but then hit a cross into the stand. I didn't go yesterday, but my mate said he had a v good 1st half but weren't phased out in the 2nd half, but had his moments.

I know the old saying is 'dont change a winning team', but where would we be without our skipper? Barton out, Baker in. I like Barton, but we need a regular 1st team

skybluesteve76

If anyone makes way it will be moussa! Yes he scored a great goal, but he got dubbed for Clarke just after half time.
Clarke did much better IMO.
But it's all worthless talk because the man to be dropped back to the bench will be Barton.

Waldorf

Moussa tweaked a hamstring apparently, so if he doesn't play, it won't be because of how he's playing. But you're right, Baker will be back in for Barton, unless Moussa isn't fit.

Users who are viewing this thread