Next years budget (1 Viewer)

Deity

He hasnt.

He wandered into 30 million quid of player sales, and an unplanned for 4 million quid from the plag off run.

Yes hes put that back into the club which is more than Sisu did, but its very easy to spend money that isnt physically coming out of his backpocket
It would also have been easy to have taken that money in dividends for himself. He didn’t do that.

If he had taken that in dividends he would almost certainly have totally derisked his purchase of the club.

Instead we have invested in young players, improved the training ground, added to the professionalism of the bank room set up etc etc

I think he’s trying to emulate the Brighton / Brentford model which I think makes a huge amount of sense.

He’s not the perfect owner but then who is ? He’s a country mile ahead of SISU though.

Mucca Mad Boys

As others have mentioned not sure Doug has put anything into the playing squad just reinvested transfer money.

Theres nothing wrong with that, it’s the way clubs should be run. The problem is we’re in a league distorted by parachute payments and owners fronting huge losses making it a real challenge to break through the glass ceiling.

The improvements at the trading ground are welcome and the commercial side of the club is definitely being ran better.

Will be interesting to see the season ticket prices I suspect we’ll see a significant rise. My worry is that it becomes unaffordable for some and we actually see a drop off in gate revenue.
I imagine a lot of people complaining about ST prices would find the money if we in the prem.

£350 is on the cheaper end of ST prices. I get that it’s a lot a of money for people, but £22 per game (at the £500 PL package price) is still good value.

Operating costs have increased and the sums of money involved in building a team to compete… we’re not doing that with rock bottom prices with 30% STHs being children or something from last year.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

There is a £6 million loan outstanding which I assume will be owed to King
Seems the logical party for it to be owed to. Is that likely to be linked to his purchase of the club or more to sums provided to cover operating costs (and presumably losses)? We will only really know what's happening after we've been through a few accounting cycles, see if those loans continue to increase in-line with any published operating losses. My expectation is we will continue to make a loss unless transfer income is used to offset things, i doubt our non-transfer income will be enough to cover operating costs, especially if we continue to look at challenging the top 6 places.

Saddlebrains

It would also have been easy to have taken that money in dividends for himself. He didn’t do that.

If he had taken that in dividends he would almost certainly have totally derisked his purchase of the club.

Instead we have invested in young players, improved the training ground, added to the professionalism of the bank room set up etc etc

I think he’s trying to emulate the Brighton / Brentford model which I think makes a huge amount of sense.

He’s not the perfect owner but then who is ? He’s a country mile ahead of SISU though.

He didnt purchase the club

He was more or less given it

Grendel

The Brentford and Brighton models were only achieved by huge owner investments and interest free loans

Grendel

In settlement of a debt which is the equivalent of a purchase. The debt was swapped for the club.

No one knows how much debt was purchased

wingy

I imagine a lot of people complaining about ST prices would find the money if we in the prem.

£350 is on the cheaper end of ST prices. I get that it’s a lot a of money for people, but £22 per game (at the £500 PL package price) is still good value.

Operating costs have increased and the sums of money involved in building a team to compete… we’re not doing that with rock bottom prices with 30% STHs being children or something from last year.
Hang on you yourself opted for the FZ?

Mucca Mad Boys

Hang on you yourself opted for the FZ?
As I was eligible to get one, I wouldn’t pass up on something so undervalued.

In terms of willingness to pay, I’d have had no complaints if tickets were £400-500 back then either.

Deity

No one knows how much debt was purchased
I don’t know how much Sisu owed King from another venture or how much debt King took on with the club.

All we know is that the club was losing a substantial seven figure sum each year and was woefully under invested.

messiahrobins

The delusion among our fans is tragic. Let me explain the position so we can stop the jizz fests.
We do not have much money, and are still losing millions. There will be no big summer investment, King takes the view he has backed the manager enough already and expects the current squad to be good enough to be a top 10 side. He will sanction a couple more signings maybe 3 more this summer for development players who can add depth to the squad, but the only way any significant investment takes place will be if Sheaf is sold, and he does have a price.
There is a myth regarding the Gyokeres potential sale from Lisbon. That will make no difference at all to our recruitment, as any money we get from that will be used for the club's running costs.
There will be no new no.10 as EMC is seen as the Ohare replacement. Torp is the Hamer replacement. King appreciates a back up striker is needed and a new CB, they had hoped for Binks but Bologna are wanting stupid money so that wont happen.
The club are looking for a young back up to Sakamoto, but again, it will not be a big expenditure.
Unless Sheaf is sold, this summer will not see more than £3.5m spent absolute maximum.
Bottom line is get used to the current squad and support the lads next season and hope we can finish top 10 and maybe sneak a play off push.

shepardo01

The delusion among our fans is tragic. Let me explain the position so we can stop the jizz fests.
We do not have much money, and are still losing millions. There will be no big summer investment, King takes the view he has backed the manager enough already and expects the current squad to be good enough to be a top 10 side. He will sanction a couple more signings maybe 3 more this summer for development players who can add depth to the squad, but the only way any significant investment takes place will be if Sheaf is sold, and he does have a price.
There is a myth regarding the Gyokeres potential sale from Lisbon. That will make no difference at all to our recruitment, as any money we get from that will be used for the club's running costs.
There will be no new no.10 as EMC is seen as the Ohare replacement. Torp is the Hamer replacement. King appreciates a back up striker is needed and a new CB, they had hoped for Binks but Bologna are wanting stupid money so that wont happen.
The club are looking for a young back up to Sakamoto, but again, it will not be a big expenditure.
Unless Sheaf is sold, this summer will not see more than £3.5m spent absolute maximum.
Bottom line is get used to the current squad and support the lads next season and hope we can finish top 10 and maybe sneak a play off push.
Sensible and something that we should understand really.... But obviously many won't!!

messiahrobins

Sensible and something that we should understand really.... But obviously many won't!!
Its a problem the delusion among many of our fans, and i think King has just subtly alluded to it on Talk sport, because if we don't spend £10m plus this summer you can see the meltdown coming and some fans then not renewing season tickets.
When i read people posting about 6 new signings i despair. That is not happening.

Saddlebrains

Half of that is dead on tbf

The other half is miles off

The Vik money is crucial. If he doesnt move before pre season, expect to see Sheaf go

messiahrobins

Half of that is dead on tbf

The other half is miles off

The Vik money is crucial. If he doesnt move before pre season, expect to see Sheaf go
Vik isn't moving. I fully expect Sheaf to go, question is how much for. Earliest VIk will go is January, but clubs will want to see if he replicates this season next season first as next season wlll be a truer test for him.
If Sheaf goes we will get Kyrpianou from Pboro.

shmmeee

If the plan is really to let several go and bring in fewer then I hope King backs an FA Cup (and all other cups) boycott next year cos we’ll barely have a big enough squad to compete in the league.

skybluericoh

I’m not expecting anything like last summer, I think we need 3 more but only if the price is right. Could even do a couple of loans, not my preferred option but better than gambling the future of the club.
Would like to see more local employers getting behind the club on the corporate side. Giving employees the opportunity to see their local club doing well and the chance to go in a box is great R&R

shmmeee

Bare bones summer as I see it:

Collins/Wilson
MvE/Burroughs
Thomas/Lats
Kitching/SIGNING 1
Bidwell/Dasilva
Sheaf/SIGNING 2
Eccles/Torp
Saka/Tavares
Palmer/Allen
Simms/SIGNING 3
Wright/EMC

And even taking EMC as a 10, that seems to leave us short of the required quality in a few places.

skybluecam

Its a problem the delusion among many of our fans, and i think King has just subtly alluded to it on Talk sport, because if we don't spend £10m plus this summer you can see the meltdown coming and some fans then not renewing season tickets.
When i read people posting about 6 new signings i despair. That is not happening.
We'll be fucked if we don't get 5/6 in.

We needed 2/3 extras to compete this year and then you have O'Hare, Godden, Binks and Kelly leaving in the summer. If we only got 3 in we can write off our chances now.

Saddlebrains

Vik isn't moving. I fully expect Sheaf to go, question is how much for. Earliest VIk will go is January, but clubs will want to see if he replicates this season next season first as next season wlll be a truer test for him.
If Sheaf goes we will get Kyrpianou from Pboro.

He is. Arsenal and another club have already spoken to his agent. You dont do that if you arent willing to pay the release clause. Vik is also open to it

Sheaf will go if Vik doesnt move on. If he does, Sheaf stays.

Kyprianou may well be coming in anyway, we need a CM

From what i was last told a fortnight or so back

Bologna taking the piss on Binks valuation so dont expect to see him back.

Kelly, Moore and O'Hare will be released.

Godden will be going

Binks loan return

What we are 100% in the market for are

2 CB
1 CM
1 CAM
1 RW
1 ST

Id expect that as a bare minimum

TomRad85

He is. Arsenal and another club have already spoken to his agent. You dont do that if you arent willing to pay the release clause. Vik is also open to it

Godden will be going

Binks loan return

2 CB
1 CM
1 CAM
1 RW
1 ST

Sounds alright to me. Bring on the summer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

Godden will be going

Binks loan return

2 CB
1 CM
1 CAM
1 RW
1 ST

we need names!!!

Skyblueweeman

I'm pretty certain we'll spend more than £3.5m this summer, regardless of Vik/Sheaf transfers. And that's based on nothing more than gut feel. I reckon we'll lose Moore, Godden, Kelly, O'Hare and maybe Binks.

Our squad is threadbare as it is so we'll need to replace those 5 and add to it.

Didn't Doug want play offs 3 out of 5 seasons? He's smart enough to know we won't do that unless we replace outgoings with quality.

We'll defo spend more than £3.5m in my opinion.

messiahrobins

Godden will be going

Binks loan return

2 CB
1 CM
1 CAM
1 RW
1 ST

2CB? Really? 1 yes, but i cannot see 2 unless one is a teenager to develop.
1 CM surely depends on Sheaf, no way i can see us having 5 CMs all of whom senior players.
I dont think we will get a no10.
Yes, no doubt about RW, but again wont be big money, likley young to develop behind Sakamoto
1 ST is a definite, but again dont think it will be a big outlay.
I dont think Arsenal will get him unless they let Jesus go. Not sure how many clubs will be prepared to pay Jesus what he wants as he isnt that good!

messiahrobins

I'm pretty certain we'll spend more than £3.5m this summer, regardless of Vik/Sheaf transfers. And that's based on nothing more than gut feel. I reckon we'll lose Moore, Godden, Kelly, O'Hare and maybe Binks.

Our squad is threadbare as it is so we'll need to replace those 5 and add to it.

Didn't Doug want play offs 3 out of 5 seasons? He's smart enough to know we won't do that unless we replace outgoings with quality.

We'll defo spend more than £3.5m in my opinion.
Not unless Sheaf goes. We dont have much money.

messiahrobins

We'll be fucked if we don't get 5/6 in.

We needed 2/3 extras to compete this year and then you have O'Hare, Godden, Binks and Kelly leaving in the summer. If we only got 3 in we can write off our chances now.
We can only piss with the cock we have though. Ohare Godden Kelly Binks wont bring anything in, all we would do is save their wages but to get better than them would probably mean doubling their wages in each case, and we dont have that money.
I think we will get a young development striker in with potential as back up to simms. EMC will be the Ohare replacement. Definitely we will need a new CB so that we all agree will be one. I dont think we will replace Kelly if Sheaf stays. KIng will see Sheaf Eccles Torp and Allen as enough in CM. If Sheaf goes i think we get Kyprianou.

Sky Blue Pete

How much extra do we think this season has put into the coffers?
25k plus crowds and the cup run must surely have put an unexpected few million into the bank?
Notes will come out but Doug’s aim is for operating break even irrespective of transfers in and out. Operating losses have stayed the same for 22/23 as despite increases in income these have been matched by increased costs on better players and wages for those better players
Cloud cuckoo land stuff for me

JAM See

I'm hoping Rachel Reeves will sort the tax evasion/avoidance issue for once and for all.

Wouldn't be unhappy with a 1p increase in income tax for all, and a wealth tax.

mmttww

Received £35m, spent almost £30m with another £5-8m in poss. add-ons. How can we not be happy with that?

If spending's limited to c. £5m without Vik being sold, still should be enough for two CMs and a back-up striker.

You'd hope that with the kind of clubs linked to Vik and his release clause being public, a sale won't take long.

Here's hoping Plan A is based on his sale with £8-10m to play with, prioritising CMs, and Plan B is a loan up front.

We should be fine to sort out cover at CB and RB with freebies, academy players and a loan or two if needed.

shmmeee

We can only piss with the cock we have though. Ohare Godden Kelly Binks wont bring anything in, all we would do is save their wages but to get better than them would probably mean doubling their wages in each case, and we dont have that money.
I think we will get a young development striker in with potential as back up to simms. EMC will be the Ohare replacement. Definitely we will need a new CB so that we all agree will be one. I dont think we will replace Kelly if Sheaf stays. KIng will see Sheaf Eccles Torp and Allen as enough in CM. If Sheaf goes i think we get Kyprianou.

Allen??? He’s not a DM.

skybluecam

Received £35m, spent almost £30m with another £5-8m in poss. add-ons. How can we not be happy with that?

If spending's limited to c. £5m without Vik being sold, still should be enough for two CMs and a back-up striker.

You'd hope that with the kind of clubs linked to Vik and his release clause being public, a sale won't take long.

Here's hoping Plan A is based on his sale with £8-10m to play with, prioritising CMs, and Plan B is a loan up front.

We should be fine to sort out cover at CB and RB with freebies, academy players and a loan or two if needed.
not as simple as that though, wage costs will have jumped significantly

Users who are viewing this thread