Noel Gallagher mocking Suarez (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Noel Gallagher has said he's happy seeing Suarez and Gerrard in tears as not just cause he supports Man City but because Suarez is a cheat and should never have won player of the season etc. I'm not a big fan of Gallagher but find myself agreeing with him to a degree,as Suarez still is diving about and running to the ref,and he hasn't cleaned his act up as much as many say.For me Yaya Toure should have won the award.

CJ_covblaze

I would've given it to Yaya, Sturridge, Hazard or Gerrard over Suarez. A lot is made of Suarez's goal tally despite him missing the first few games of the season. Why was he not available for those games?

Otis

I would've given it to Yaya, Sturridge, Hazard or Gerrard over Suarez. A lot is made of Suarez's goal tally despite him missing the first few games of the season. Why was he not available for those games?

Paper cut?

AngryAnt

I used to really like Suarez, until the last world cup, ever since then he just seems to go from one bad thing to another, yet is given awards.

Still believe that if the ref is 100% certain it was a dive, no matter where in the field, then it should be a straight red to the player. It won't ever happen though as the big clubs would lose half their first team. It would stop players such as Suarez diving though and would probably go a long way to cleaning up their attitude.

Otis

I used to really like Suarez, until the last world cup, ever since then he just seems to go from one bad thing to another, yet is given awards.

Still believe that if the ref is 100% certain it was a dive, no matter where in the field, then it should be a straight red to the player. It won't ever happen though as the big clubs would lose half their first team. It would stop players such as Suarez diving though and would probably go a long way to cleaning up their attitude.

Totally agree.

Do also think that Player of the Season should encompass not just footballing skill but all aspects of the game and traits of a player and points should be knocked off for cheating and diving etc.

Obviously how well a player has played has to be the primary consideration, but if other aspects of the individual player's game are detrimental to the game of football in general, then they should be considered and the player downgraded accordingly.

They are surely trying to gain an unfair advantage through cheating and the game of football really shouldn't be about that at all now should it.

CJ_covblaze

Paper cut?

He loves a ban doesn't he. Casual bit of racism now and then. Taking chunks out of an opponent with his nashers too. Read a stat somewhere that his bans total up to nearly an entire season in the past few years but he's never been sent off.

edward9

He was banned for that ear biting incident. I lived in Uruguay and he is well liked there. He is a good player, but he plays too much on the limit.

Covstu

For me nothign has changed, there will be always players like him who will take any advantage they can get. Look at the 70's, players used to kick lumps out of each other and get away with it, Suarez dives and plays to the ref. Its just the modern equivalent (doesnt make it right clearly).

He was the best player in the league with Toure a close 2nd so i have no problem with his award. I remember when he was sent off for that handball in the last world cup, for me it was fair play to him. He took one for the team and it worked.

Users who are viewing this thread