NOPM Thread Graveyard - Should There? (1 Viewer)

Should NOPM threads be moved into a NOPM sub forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nick

Administrator
Should I make a section where we can dump all of the threads that are "Why you should go to sixfields" or "Why shouldnt you" and basically NOPM arguments and bickering?

We can move them all into there as I know people are sick of them, public vote so public decide :)

ajsccfc

What a stupid idea. Is that the same for "Get behind the team", "Support the players not the owners" etc

Yes, as clearly mentioned:
Should I make a section where we can dump all of the threads that are "Why you should go to sixfields" or "Why shouldnt you" and basically NOPM arguments and bickering?

We can move them all into there as I know people are sick of them, public vote so public decide :)

Most arguments here would be avoided if people read things through before reacting. I'd vote no to this as you'd end up compartmentalising too much, and nearly every thread ends up incorporating 'shitsu shitfields scabs ACL apologists' stuff anyways.

hill83

Keep them. I've said before the forum should be one big free for all anyway. I rarely if ever venture into the off topic forum and as soon as one gets moved there it dies.

torchomatic

Nah, keep it in the main forum. I only bookmark this main page so there'd be nothing for me to read.

covcity4life

i dont like sub forums but NOPM stuff is getting annoying, its a pickle, i would just ban people who continue to take threads off topic(unless its me)

Nick ....Hero to Zero in one swift move. Just because the majority do not follow your view. very disappointing.

lordsummerisle

Could we have a seperate "My mate knows somebody in Northampton who was given 1500 free tickets for Sixfields, so basically there were minus 500 Coventry fans there. NOPM wins", board?

hill83

Could we have a seperate "My mate knows somebody in Northampton who was given 1500 free tickets for Sixfields, so basically there were minus 500 Coventry fans there. NOPM wins", board?

Hero to Zero in one swift move.
Just because you haven't got any free tickets, or mates.

Grappa

How about automatic 48hr bans if your post contains 'Shitsu' or 'Shitzu' (I'd love to see TonyLinc's face the first time he falls foul of it). For balance the same could go for use of 'gAyCL' (I've not actually seen that one yet, but fair's fair).

Paxman II

I know exactly the sentiment here that Nick is driving at and at first thought I would agree but maybe make all threads about SISU/ACL etc etc be where they should be in the sub forum that already exist?
However on reflection, if we do that then much of the talk about the clubs situation will be lost to a smaller readership. I'm guilty myself of simply thinking all things sky blue are in this forum and rarely look at others. While it should be more about football for goodness sake, I do think we must accept we all read stuff mainly in this forum?

Irritating are threads repeated on the same subject where there is already a thread? (Wilson's telegraph story today for example) We've even had two match day threads! Oh and those hijacked threads that quickly go completely off topic should get locked out.

I'm hoping we can get back to more talk about the football - we all seem to agree more there!

GaryPendrysEyes

Silly idea. This is one of the most historic times in our history of course people are going to discuss it endlessly (until Sisu go then we can get back to normal).

TheSnoz

As Bill Glazier & Gary Pendrey say, this is possibly the most historic period in our club's history. The ground is the only topic worth discussing.
Much as I'd like to be able to enthuse over the emergence of Callum Wilson, the reborn John Fleck, the predatory instincts of Leon, they come way down alongside the battle to get our club back to Coventry. And it is a battle.
The debate has got to be central to this forum.
Probably double the number of City fans who were at Sixfields will be at Shrewsbury. That's a topic in itself and speaks volumes.

spwaverley4916

Nick - fed up with all the bickering too but its born through frustation - but to do as you suggest would be viewed as some type of censorship and every thread would end up in the NOPM forum as it would only take a couple of posters to mention certain phrases, even off topic, and you would have to move it.

PUSB - keep the faith

ccfcway

Well it's a community forum so always like to see what people are happy with...

Community has spoken.

Perhaps one poll now is "do we need so many different forums for CCFC ?"

Nick, even you aren't moving anything financial to the financial thread..so whats the point of it ?

Just have one CCFC thread

Well it's a community forum so always like to see what people are happy with...

If the community are not happy, they won't post, they will go to the CT crap place or elsewhere. And anyway, its the energy of the views that make this a good place to visit. Take that away and its like going to Northampton! Shit.....I did mention NOPM did I?

Longford

Majorities are rarely right though.

I agree. Even in your own head where you have an uncontested majority of one the debacle that is CCFC makes you doubt even yourself. Unless of course you know you are right. Or is it just me ?

bigfatronssba

If I had more time I would do a massive post about this.

For now though, think about this: The majority in this country (and plenty of others) were, up until relatively recently, racist.

That's pure unsubstantiated opinion, history suggests otherwise.

As for the idea of nopm post being in a separate bit, I think its a bad idea. Whether you like it or not the current Northampton situation is the most important issue with the club currently, and possibly ever throughout its history.

If I had more time I would do a massive post about this.

For now though, think about this: The majority in this country (and plenty of others) were, up until relatively recently, racist.

Bloody hell Grappa, Whilst the word may be 'Majority', it has to allied to the context in which it is used.

As in 'the majority of people may feel that those that play with words are twats'

Users who are viewing this thread