Match Thread Northampton Town Match Thread (4 Viewers)

SBAndy

Yeah, this.

I don’t like these rumours being spread on here about him being a party animal, that he’s too hungover to play or whatever.

It’s all very well posting rumours about player X is going to join, player Y looks like he might leave etc. But posting rumours like this without any proof is out of order IMO.

Yes he has previous, yes the rumours might be true but as above let’s leave it to Robins to decide what happens with Bright and let’s not hang him before he’s found guilty based off some spurious internet rumours.

May have changed, certainly. But thinking back to his first spell here, I recall a Sunday game we played and he was awful. And I know for an absolute fact he was out in Birmingham the night before smashing down bottles of Hennessy.

Here’s hoping he has changed, eh?

wingy

May have changed, certainly. But thinking back to his first spell here, I recall a Sunday game we played and he was awful. And I know for an absolute fact he was out in Birmingham the night before smashing down bottles of Hennessy.

Here’s hoping he has changed, eh?
What quantity exactly as it's a fact?

Skyblue_CP

I'm going tonight, everyone loves and cup run and to keep a winning momentum going, but I can't wait for us to take it for granted, play the kids and 2nd string thinking "it's only Northampton" end up 2-0 down before half time and start making panic substitutions to try and salvage it. Bit of a local derby, give them the big boys mark, win the game and on to the next one I say!

better days

I'm going tonight, everyone loves and cup run and to keep a winning momentum going, but I can't wait for us to take it for granted, play the kids and 2nd string thinking "it's only Northampton" end up 2-0 down before half time and start making panic substitutions to try and salvage it. Bit of a local derby, give them the big boys mark, win the game and on to the next one I say!
I think we'll field a strong side
We would like to progress if possible

Skyblue_CP

I think we'll field a strong side
We would like to progress if possible
Good to know, no point throwing these games away, be happier fielding strong initially and giving kids a run out if we are in control. plus theirs surely s benefit getting mins into the 1st team lads legs considering the stop/start pre season.

djr8369

I've planned my evening out accordingly and now it isn't being shown?

Please say it is on somewhere.
Likewise until I went to buy a pass and saw I couldn’t. Assumed it was steamed via another service but no. Absolutely bizarre when the competition could do with some money in it which would encourage teams to take it a bit more seriously.

Skyblueweeman

I wonder if any of our fringe players might go to Northampton on loan after the game. A see before you buy kinda thing. Could be a good move for howley to get match minutes.

Happened last season with Eccles to Gillingham after our first cup game of the season.

SlowerThanPlatt

I wonder if any of our fringe players might go to Northampton on loan after the game. A see before you buy kinda thing. Could be a good move for howley to get match minutes.

Ryan Howley is still a scholar (U18), clubs don’t tend to loan them out, prefer to keep them in house.

stevefloyd

giphy.gif

hill83

Silly it’s not available to stream TBH. I genuinely can’t be arsed going to this but would’ve paid a tenner to watch it on TV.

Completely disagree. Just because you can't be arsed shouldn't mean it should be streamed. That would encourage more people to stay away.

Last year was great* but we are allowed back in the ground now.

*shite

Caveat being people abroad etc, but that's another conversation.

Liquid Gold

Completely disagree. Just because you can't be arsed shouldn't mean it should be streamed. That would encourage more people to stay away.

Last year was great* but we are allowed back in the ground now.

*shite
They’re probably going to lose money on this because nobody would go anyway. Streaming at least gives them a chance to break even.

Nick

Administrator
Might have a gander down, will see what the lineup is an hour before and then decide.

If it is a strong team I will probably go.

hill83

They’re probably going to lose money on this because nobody would go anyway. Streaming at least gives them a chance to break even.

Possibly but it's a shit excuse really. Last year was hopefully a massive one off.

SBAndy

Would have been interesting to trial it in the competition. The amount of surveying EFL did on streaming opportunities last season suggested to me that it was going to become more widespread. Seems not, so far at least.

Even if it was the same ticket price, or for away games only, or whatever. I do think there’s a big opportunity being missed.

theferret

Just got tickets. You consider not going to games like this, but then what else is there to do on a Wednesday night in Ash Green?

Couple of beers before the game, watch the city and laugh at some giddy teenagers from Northampton giving it large on their big night out. Lovely stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread