Match Thread Norwich v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 23rd Aug (1 Viewer)

steveo1987

Tonight proves we are a million miles off anywhere near a lower championship side although I will stick up for some players tonight in saying that they have just played Saturday Tuesday for 4 straight weeks and must be tired and losing every game and not scoring must be hard to take. No confidence. We are in a rut.

We clearly need a few signings of strength and power and a bit of luck and things can change but as it stands we are in for a relegation battle.
I get the loss of confidence argument but don't get the tired part of it I hated that windbag Coleman going on about fatigued players.It is August I believe so they should be in the zone and fit.I wonder what shift workers take is on it.

Kingokings204

So, just like the players of all non-Prem sides who've had the same set of fixtures as us??

Same set of fixtures but they have actually squads. We try a patch an 11 up every game. If you're 80% fit you play.

Kingokings204

I get the loss of confidence argument but don't get the tired part of it I hated that windbag Coleman going on about fatigued players.It is August I believe so they should be in the zone and fit.I wonder what shift workers take is on it.

I do agree with your post but playing every Saturday and Tuesday must be tiring when your chasing shadows for large periods. When we haven't won one game you don't exactly look forward to the next game.

steveo1987

I do agree with your post but playing every Saturday and Tuesday must be tiring when your chasing shadows for large periods. When we haven't won one game you don't exactly look forward to the next game.

Shame we had more or less the same team as from Saturday as that same side have an absolute must win game Saturday without question.

JulianDarbyFTW

We've been beaten by a side that just came down from the PL and we have half a team due to injuries and recruitment issues. If we'd lost 6-1 to Bury or someone I'd be worried. Right now I'm merely miffed.

stupot07

We've been beaten by a side that just came down from the PL and we have half a team due to injuries and recruitment issues. If we'd lost 6-1 to Bury or someone I'd be worried. Right now I'm merely miffed.
No we haven't. 7 of their starting 11 played in the championship or lower last season, 5 of which played either in league 1 or 2.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FRY-CCFC

No we haven't. 7 of their starting 11 played in the championship or lower last season, 5 of which played either in league 1 or 2.

you're being foolish if you think that side isn't about 200x better than anything in league one

JulianDarbyFTW

I get that people are peed off with the result and the way the season has started, but it really is much, much too early to draw any firm conclusions about what the season may hold. My only real gripe so far is the formation, but maybe that's the Mike Basset in me.

Generally Midfield

Just felt like we were totally outclassed and this wasn't Arsenal it was a championship second string. And now on some massive road diversion so getting even more pissed off

The Great Eastern

Now had a couple of hours to sit and digest the game tonight.... We got well and truly spanked by a team that was far and away better quality than ours... As someone said, we were in it for short periods but when Lameiras scored the penalty, Norwich raised it a half gear and just blew us away. I don't think Norwich were ever in top gear so we were 'lucky' to concede only 6 goals tonight....
My view of the game was obstructed from time to time by the stewards constantly going back and forth to give one twat in our section, final warning after final warning about his behaviour. If he's reading this then I'd just like to say 'what ever did you take before the game ? If you'd travelled from Cov, what was the point of spending nearly all of your time goading the Norwich fans in the Barclay End without paying the slightest attention to what was going on, on the pitch? They only took you as a joke figure and the chant of, 'You're just a poor Joey Essex' was v.close to the truth !.

Strange that the stewards didn't give him an early red card & there's many grounds where that would certainly have happened, probably with an out of sight kicking as well. If nothing else, it provided some 'entertainment' on an otherwise calamitous night.....

FRY-CCFC

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or being serious....

Paul Jones, Steven Whittaker, Russell Martin, Sebastien Bassong, Harry Toffolo, Tony Andreu, Sergi Canos, Louis Thompson, James Maddison, Jacob Murphy, Kyle Lafferty.

You class that XI as a reserve squad.

Warwickhunt

What about Burton ! They got spanked at home by Liverpool . We were away to a far superior side and no one on here believed we could win the game because of the weakness of the squad. God knows if TM is going to get some quality players before the windows shuts so it looks like we have got to scramble about until we get players back from injury and suspension

stupot07

Paul Jones, Steven Whittaker, Russell Martin, Sebastien Bassong, Harry Toffolo, Tony Andreu, Sergi Canos, Louis Thompson, James Maddison, Jacob Murphy, Kyle Lafferty.

You class that XI as a reserve squad.
It certainly isn't their premier league team that some keep suggesting. Alex Neil made 11 changes from the side that played in thr league at the weekend. That team over a season would be lucky to be mid table in the championship that's my point. We didn't get beat 6-1 against a team that played in tbr PL last season, the club yes, but the team no. And yes, in relative terms, that was Norwich's reserve/back up squad

covhead1

We lost because our first team was totally shite compared to Norwich's reserves.
We need way more than just 1 or 2 players coming in as some here think, but it does'nt matter as we will get nothing as Sisu couldn't give a flying fuck about the club or the supporters.
I really shouldn't start the day like this.

AFCCOVENTRY

Our first team is very poor. Defence got found out. Ricketts has already played too many games in a row. The younger defenders just didn't know what to do.
Midfield has been poor this season. McCann, Gadzhev are the biggest disappointments. They don't protect the defence and don't create for the attackers. The attackers are poor. Reid has no end product, most of them are injured already, Agyei always gets pulled off at 60mins.

Mogga has failed to get the players in through the door. Unfortunately we have given ourselves a real uphill battle to get to even 6th place. By the end of the transfer window we have maybe 2 points from 15/18 points? We have to go on a hell of a run from Sep if there's any hope. That's a massive ask considering another 4/5 players will need time to integrate into the squad.

Otis

Our first team is very poor. Defence got found out. Ricketts has already played too many games in a row. The younger defenders just didn't know what to do.
Midfield has been poor this season. McCann, Gadzhev are the biggest disappointments. They don't protect the defence and don't create for the attackers. The attackers are poor. Reid has no end product, most of them are injured already, Agyei always gets pulled off at 60mins.

Mogga has failed to get the players in through the door. Unfortunately we have given ourselves a real uphill battle to get to even 6th place. By the end of the transfer window we have maybe 2 points from 15/18 points? We have to go on a hell of a run from Sep if there's any hope. That's a massive ask considering another 4/5 players will need time to integrate into the squad.

Steady on there, chap! Agyei ALWAYS gets pulled off at 60mins? He's only played two games for us. :)

I do understand the concerns for sure, but it's not quite time yet to be all a wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I too however have been disappointed with Ghadzev. People were saying what a star player he was going to be for us, but he doesn't seem to be imposing himself on games at all yet by all accounts. Still early doors, but I think we were all expecting much more from him. Was under the belief that he would have impressed from the off, but he's certainly not pulled up any trees.

Ricketts worries me too. I know we are short at the back, but the bloke simply cannot be expected to play game after game, back to back. He just doesn't have the legs and then with excessive playing, becomes a liability.

TM now has some serious work to do to bolster the squad and cover defence, midfield AND attack.

Think the problem has now manifested itself as much bigger than Mowbray envisaged and more players are needed than he imagined.

The injury situation so early on in the campaign is a concern too. Jones, Sordell, Thomas, Rose. Three of those most definitely considered to be first 11 team sheet team players.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't get the comments saying "they were tired after playing back to back Saturdays and Tuesdays." WTF?? TIRED???? Ahhh!! Fookin' didums! The poor little lambs! They are supposedly fit, strong young men in their prime of life! Jeez!! If you can't run around for 90 minutes and then have a few days off before you do it all again, I dread to think how any of them would cope in a real job! I hate this excuse being used and will NEVER accept it from ANY team, whether it's CCFC, Liverpool, Man Utd or Barcelona!

Rant over ......... and breathe........

BackRoomRummermill

its quite simple they won as they were a better team , if you lose 6 1 then there are no arguments or excuses, they simply were better than us. lets move on wait till the end of October before we assess where we are. it is still only August.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Steady on there, chap! Agyei ALWAYS gets pulled off at 60mins? He's only played two games for us. :)

I do understand the concerns for sure, but it's not quite time yet to be all a wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I too however have been disappointed with Ghadzev. People were saying what a star player he was going to be for us, but he doesn't seem to be imposing himself on games at all yet by all accounts. Still early doors, but I think we were all expecting much more from him. Was under the belief that he would have impressed from the off, but he's certainly not pulled up any trees.

Ricketts worries me too. I know we are short at the back, but the bloke simply cannot be expected to play game after game, back to back. He just doesn't have the legs and then with excessive playing, becomes a liability.

TM now has some serious work to do to bolster the squad and cover defence, midfield AND attack.

Think the problem has now manifested itself as much bigger than Mowbray envisaged and more players are needed than he imagined.

The injury situation so early on in the campaign is a concern too. Jones, Sordell, Thomas, Rose. Three of those most definitely considered to be first 11 team sheet team players.

I'm guilty of saying Vlad looked good. I hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. He's been poor on more than one occasion, in fact he's probably been decent competitively in less than one!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I don't get the comments saying "they were tired after playing back to back Saturdays and Tuesdays." WTF?? TIRED???? Ahhh!! Fookin' didums! The poor little lambs! They are supposedly fit, strong young men in their prime of life! Jeez!! If you can't run around for 90 minutes and then have a few days off before you do it all again, I dread to think how any of them would cope in a real job! I hate this excuse being used and will NEVER accept it from ANY team, whether it's CCFC, Liverpool, Man Utd or Barcelona!

Rant over ......... and breathe........

Wowza HH! You'll do yourself a mischief if you carry on like that. It's only a game, son :D

Wheelfass

lets move on wait till the end of October before we assess where we are. it is still only August.
I think Saturday at 5pm might give us a pretty good idea too.
Newly promoted Northampton Town who are unbeaten in either 26 or 27 games with a run going back to January in all competitions and a good away following from an allocation of 2,000.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good result and our first win of the season but if it's a reverse then we probably won't need to wait until the end of October to make the assessment.

Sky Blue Kid

We played Norwich reserves last night mate, not their first team. We're a million miles away from competing in the Championship, yet some forum members actually think this seasons team is better than last seasons team!?! Yeh right!
PS. The talk at half time even questioned the 3 defence system not being good enough. I said this in the pre season games TM take note.

lewys33

We played Norwich reserves last night mate, not their first team. We're a million miles away from competing in the Championship, yet some forum members actually think this seasons team is better than last seasons team!?! Yeh right!
PS. The talk at half time even questioned the 3 defence system not being good enough. I said this in the pre season games TM take note.

Norwich reserves - who were playing 2 of our best players from last season (and people still slated them then). I understand this wasn't the start we all wanted but be patient.

letsallsingtogether

Why
Nice to know this place is still jam packed with utter morons. See you all at Wembley in May :)
Which te
Norwich reserves - who were playing 2 of our best players from last season (and people still slated them then). I understand this wasn't the start we all wanted but be patient.
How can you accuse City fans of not being patient?
So Rome wasn't built in a day.
I fear we will never even get the foundation's right.

Sky Blue Kid

There's "Being patient" and there's being realistic mate. Maddison had his very first start last night... and to me he wasn't anywhere near our best player last season. He was, to put it bluntly, s**t. Hats off to SISU though, a brilliant piece of business selling him to Norwich.

Users who are viewing this thread