Not sure about Connor Thomas? (1 Viewer)

ready_96

I dunno if i weren't paying attention much today but, i didn't see much from thomas, he seemed to blend in only to come back into lime light when he gave the ball away? didnt seem to making takles or setting up play, put biggi in their and i would like to see mc donald and nimley up front see what that comes to? correct me if im wrong! :')

Grendel

Thomas was excellent. Why are you even mentioning McDonald?

Grendel

And the point is?

kingharvest

Remember when we first signed McAllister and he played for a while and people didn't say much about him. Then he got injured and was out for a long time and we all realised how much we missed him.

Sometimes when you don't notice a player, particularly a centre midfielder it's because he's just doing his job.

In short, you're wrong. Thomas gets better with each game.

I don't think Thomas had a stand-out game today, but has looked assured in recent weeks. Everyone wants McDonald to come good; as good as Platt and Nimely did today, we will nee a lot more of the same in future weeks to start looking up the table with anything but basic professional pride in mind.

stupot07

McDonald is out injured with a knee injury and has been since he did it and was subbed at half time vs Hull 6-7 week ago.

ready_96

exactly as i said before "when not injured" we should be playing him, else its a waste of half a mill or whatever he cost us?

stupot07

I doubt he cost half a mil, not when you consider we only paid £100k for juke.

Tbh, he's completely unfit having not had a pre season, and in the 11 games he's ben involved in he's offered very little -this is probably due to lack of fitness so will probably have more impact next season, plus AT said he's still hoping to bring in another striker.

ready_96

Lets hope so! Suprised he can actually bring anybody in with backing from skint sisu behind us? do you know what happened to gary hoffman, why cant we just do a takeover deal with him?

PVA

Thomas had a quiet game today compared to his recent high standards, but he was still efficient and effective.

In recent weeks though he's been superb, this kid is going to be an outstanding player.

rob9872

I think Thomas did ok today. I've been really impressed with him in recent weeks but I think the problem today for him, Clingan and Deegan was that they were doing each others jobs and not really sure who should be doing what. Took some time to settle and I actually think Deegan going off helped Thomas and Clingan with positioning.

rob9872

My point is that he is a decent young player and the fact you're unsure of him shows that you are clueless!

rob9872

Why have you removed your post saying "your point is"? Makes look an even bigger tool and I don't need any help doing that!

rob9872

ah ok, my bad - see I told you I was a tool! :)

skyblue19

He has been playing in sammys position for weeks has he not and been great there. Now he's back Thomas is in another role and having to adjust to that.

KersleyDigs

Thomas reads the game very well for his age, his anticipation is excellent. Many times yesterday, he stopped potentially dangerous moves before they'd really started.

Another excellent, understated performance by Conor!

Lord_Nampil

The best academy product i can remember, solid dependable and has the vision of a player way beyond his years!!! The more we win as a team will benefit him and hopefully increase his confidence, i don't think we have seen all from conor just yet!!!

scroobiustom

Bad call with the title of this thread, lots of love for Thomas in this room.

Cononr for PM.

stupot07

I think we have to remember he only turned 18 two months ago so he's still very young, let's not write him off just yet. If he's still he next season we can start to expect him to start influencing games more.

shmmeee

Connor is excellent, easily our best midfielder, which at 18 is some achievement in any side!

I'd like to see McDonald given a go in the Sheffers role when he's back, I just feel that Nimley would create more for a player like that than Juke did.

Grendel

Thomas is a genuine prospect of real quality. Will never get rave reviews as he is not stand out but he has a great engine, superb passing accuracy and can tackle. Very calm as well. Thought he was better than clingan and deegan yesterday.

covcity4life

there are some on here who beleive thomas has been our best midfielder this year

imo he is not,but he has promise

right now hes doing the right thigns without impacting a game,keeps thigns ticking over and works hard

he has consistently given 6 and 7/10 performances for me and i believe he will only get better

Users who are viewing this thread