Not To Tempt Fate, But..... (1 Viewer)

The Sky Blues are the ONLY League 1 team yet to have a player sent off in the league this season! We have had 58 yellows which rates 13th in the division (Oldham & Preston have the most with 69 & Shrewsbury the least with 29). Notts Co have the most red cards with 6. Oldham has the the worst disciplinary record.

And there is today's useless Trivia fact (& shows that I have nothing else to do)!

Flying Fokker

Yes, I'd noticed that. Our fouls tally is bad this season. Surprised we haven't had someone sent off

ccfctommy

The Sky Blues are the ONLY League 1 team yet to have a player sent off in the league this season! We have had 58 yellows which rates 13th in the division (Oldham & Preston have the most with 69 & Shrewsbury the least with 29). Notts Co have the most red cards with 6. Oldham has the the worst disciplinary record.

And there is today's useless Trivia fact (& shows that I have nothing else to do)!

Thats fascinating.

I wonder if we have ever been through a campaign without a red card?

does this mean we get to play in europe next year through the fair play route ?

Just looked into this and found this:

All representative teams from a football association are responsible for the score of the Fair Play ranking of that association. This includes matches of all national teams and all clubs in all UEFA competitions. The ranking is composed from 1 June until 31 May the following year. The criteria for the ranking is Fair Play.

Criteria

Teams are judged on the following criteria:

Yellow and red cards: If no cards are shown the score will be 10. Every yellow card will deduct this total by 1. A red card will cost a team 3 points in the ranking. If the red card is the result of a second yellow card the deductions of the second yellow card will be ignored. But if a player gets a direct red card after he got a yellow card earlier, the yellow card will be counted as a deduction. This score could become negative
Positive play: e.g. attacking tactics, acceleration of the game, efforts to gain time, and continued pursuit of goals. A team can score a maximum of 10 points and a minimum of 1 point
Respect to the opponent: e.g. returning the ball to the opponent at a throw-in, helping an injured opponent: maximum 5 points, minimum 1 point
Respect to the referee: maximum 5 points, minimum 1 point
Behaviour of the team officials: maximum 5 points, minimum 1 point
Behaviour of the fans: maximum 5 points, minimum 1 point
NB: this criterion is ignored when the number of fans is negligible e.g. if there are no fans at all or because of penalty that was given by the UEFA
The total number of points will be divided by the maximum number of points, 40 (or 35 if there are a negligible amount of fans), and multiplied by 10 which will result in a score between 0 and 10. The score is calculated to two decimal points and not rounded up.

Gint11

Tasman you have just jinxed us for tonight now!!! Good stat though : )

Users who are viewing this thread