Not under SISU (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I know there are a few who have stated they will not buy a home ticket whilst the club is owned by SISU.

Some attacked these people saying there is no one else so you will kill your own club.

Personally I never made comment as it was their choice.

It wasn't a route I was prepared to go down.

Now there seems to at least one alternative.

Do you think it would make any difference to SISU's thinking if people did not buy season tickets?

I don't think it will happen as most season ticket holders will say, they are supporting the club SISU are irrelevant.

Last edited:

stupot07

No, I don't think it will make much difference. If people don't buy season tickets, they just won't invest in the squad and likely further reduce the wage budget as would be required by FFP.

dongonzalos

No, I don't think it will make much difference. If people don't buy season tickets, they just won't invest in the squad and likely further reduce the wage budget as would be required by FFP.

Do you think they plan to invest this season then?

After they invested last time Joy directly said to councillor Mutton we have done our bit now you do yours. She purely invested to see if she could get him to the negotiating table.

Can't see any investment from them from this point onwards if you ask me,

The reduction due to FFP by SISU if it is still them in charge will be huge.

stupot07

Do you think they plan to invest this season then?

After they invested last time Joy directly said to councillor Mutton we have done our bit now you do yours. She purely invested to see if she could get him to the negotiating table.

Can't see any investment from them from this point onwards if you ask me,

The reduction due to FFP by SISU if it is still them in charge will be huge.

It won't be investment, but more a restructuring of the squad and reinvestment., which needs to happen to meet FFP anyway..but if not season ticket holders renew then obviously the amount of money reinvested into the squad will reduce.

dongonzalos

It won't be investment, but more a restructuring of the squad and reinvestment., which needs to happen to meet FFP anyway..but if not season ticket holders renew then obviously the amount of money reinvested into the squad will reduce.

I know SISU will have no access to revenue streams other than telly rights and ticket sales.

If they then move from the Ricoh they really have no reason to exist.

Ashdown1

Of course it will make a difference, If their losses are vastly increased they have a big decision to make. Personally I think when some of the higher earners are let go this summer they won't be far off breaking even. If they can play the kids at St Andrews for a few years and avoid any further losses, it will be another way of distressing ACL's cash flow and pressure them to cave in. If you want to be part of that immoral garbage then feel free to throw them your cash !

Nonleagueherewecome

Me and my mate aren't renewing if they are still here, but we'll still go to some games. Unless we leave The Ricoh, in which case, we won't go until they've gone.

dongonzalos

Me and my mate aren't renewing if they are still here, but we'll still go to some games. Unless we leave The Ricoh, in which case, we won't go until they've gone.

That's sounds like a happy medium. I am quite unsure at the moment. I want to make a point to them. However not harm my own club.

It maybe one of those where you make a short term sacrifice for long term gain.

If they move out of Coventry they make the decision for me.

However I am swaying at the moment towards. Not going at all till they have gone. Which I am surprised to hear myself say.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

The problem is the lower the gates the less attractive the club is to other possible owners. So it might woprk in pushing SISU to leave, but might also mean they have no option to sell to, and liquidation is the only option.

I know SISU will have no access to revenue streams other than telly rights and ticket sales.

If they then move from the Ricoh they really have no reason to exist.

SISU will have no access to income full stop as that all belongs to the Administrator so unless someone takes us out of admin it will be up to him what we can re-invest.

dongonzalos

The problem is the lower the gates the less attractive the club is to other possible owners. So it might woprk in pushing SISU to leave, but might also mean they have no option to sell to, and liquidation is the only option.

Even when they would have the examples of previous high attendances on the rare one off moments of a successful run.

Surely I new owner would se through that and understand that as long as they offered fresh hope the fans would flood back desperate to see their home club again?

oakey

Not much chance I will buy a season ticket if SISU continue with their tenure and tricks and I have had a season ticket for about 35 of the last 40 years, including unbroken since 1993. Might go to home games but maybe not if not in Coventry. SISU will have about 4000 ST holders left if at Ricoh, probably crowds of 3000 total if home games are outside the city.

dongonzalos

Or they'd look at current attendance and not bid.

And if the administrator has no cash coming in, he might not have an option.

But there is someone who wants the info to allow them to bid now. I think SISU are creating the legal hurdles stopping the club from going up for sale.

If they became aware that fans were not going to buy tickets under their tenure. Would that not sway them towards encouraging the sale and removing the legal hurdles. So they can recoup some money.

Yes completely agree with you it is a very personal and emotive decision. One that people have to decide for themselves. Tricky one really.

Nonleagueherewecome

There is only so long that you can continue to endorse-and pay hard earned money to-a regime that you loath. Never mind that it is no longer enjoyable.

Nonleagueherewecome

But there is someone who wants the info to allow them to bid now. I think SISU are creating the legal hurdles stopping the club from going up for sale.

If they became aware that fans were not going to buy tickets under their tenure. Would that not sway them towards encouraging the sale and removing the legal hurdles. So they can recoup some money.

Yes completely agree with you it is a very personal and emotive decision. One that people have to decide for themselves. Tricky one really.

Lets put it this way: if the gates are around 3-4,000 next season, any potential bidder will realise that this is due to hatred of the owners. If they can't work that out, I'm sure Mr Elliott and Mr Hofffman will let them know!

NorthernWisdom

Lets put it this way: if the gates are around 3-4,000 next season, any potential bidder will realise that this is due to hatred of the owners. If they can't work that out, I'm sure Mr Elliott and Mr Hofffman will let them know!

You're looking at it as a fan.

An investor will look at a slashed income base and maybe decide somewhere else is better off for them.

They might decide it means they can get the club cheaper. But it also might mean the administrator has no choice but to wind the club up.

Flying Fokker

I know there are a few who have stated they will not buy a home ticket whilst the club is owned by SISU.

Some attacked these people saying there is no one else so you will kill your own club.

Personally I never made comment as it was their choice.

It wasn't a route I was prepared to go down.

Now there seems to at least one alternative.

Do you think it would make any difference to SISU's thinking if people did not buy season tickets?

I don't think it will happen as most season ticket holders will say, they are supporting the club SISU are irrelevant.

Me, and at least 6 others I know have decided to stay away until SISU go.

That is the only way to get rid of them.

dongonzalos

An investor will look at a slashed income base and maybe decide somewhere else is better off for them.

They might decide it means they can get the club cheaper. But it also might mean the administrator has no choice but to wind the club up.

Unless they are getting direct guidance from a fan :)

Or if they are a shrewd businessman they will weigh up the potential against the risk and the probable causes of the risk and how they can manage that risk.

Hopefully.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Have you never heard of "buy low, sell high"? At the moment we are very low, but any sniff of success and we'd get better crowds than this season, providing we are at The Ricoh. Any investor worth their salt understands the concept of potential.

NorthernWisdom

Have you never heard of "buy low, sell high"? At the moment we are very low, but any sniff of success and we'd get better crowds than this season, providing we are at The Ricoh. Any investor worth their salt understands the concept of potential.

Any investor worth their salt also runs away from a basket case with no income.

I'm worried we have no money coming in over the summer. The only money we can get is player sales and season tickets. Even if we wanted to we can't buy season tickets and we won't get much for player sales.

So isn't this a worry?

I'm not going to tell people to buy season tickets if they don't want to because I understand. But I repeat, it might have darker results then we hoped. I hope it doesn't, but it might.

Nonleagueherewecome

Any investor worth their salt also runs away from a basket case with no income.

I'm worried we have no money coming in over the summer. The only money we can get is player sales and season tickets. Even if we wanted to we can't buy season tickets and we won't get much for player sales.

So isn't this a worry?

I'm not going to tell people to buy season tickets if they don't want to because I understand. But I repeat, it might have darker results then we hoped. I hope it doesn't, but it might.

If your worry is the death of the club, for me, moving out of The Ricoh is as good as the same. Continuing under SISU is getting very close to it, too.

dongonzalos

SISU
With only television rights, low ticket sales not in the Ricoh.

By buying tickets are you not delaying the inevitable and increasing the possibly of interested parties going elsewhere?

Tricky decision.

Think I will wait to see how the threats to move my football club out of Coventry pan out.

torchomatic

Exactly. Each to their own. I'm not going to have a go at someone who doesn't want to renew. Similarly I'm not going to be labelled as a "scab", etc etc for doing so and continuing to buying my ST.

As I say, I'm not going to argue against people not buying one for feeling that. That is their right and I respect that.

dongonzalos

Exactly. Each to their own. I'm not going to have a go at someone who doesn't want to renew. Similarly I'm not going to be labelled as a "scab", etc etc for doing so and continuing to buying my ST.

You can't it's a tough decision.

Currently in my mind I see it as do I please myself and buy a match day ticket (not a season ticket).

Or do I sacrifice miss out on the game but it may encourage SISU to go.

Others will see it as shafting the club.

Others will say it will make no odds to SISU.

Personal decision really just interested in people views as a bit undecided.

As I say though if we move out of Coventry the decision will be made for me.

Last edited:

SkyBlueRuffian

I cant believe there are still some people who would pay to watch SISU destroy our club and to top that off, in another bloody City, surely people can find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon until these cunts have gone?

valiant15

Some people will blindly follow the club if it was to relocate. Imo,these people are a disgrace. Selfish,me,me,me attitude. What about the future fans? What about the future generations of city fans? Relocate and the club is finished. We've already got an ageing fanbase. As long as the 30,40,50 somethings can scuttle off to the pigsty st andrews to watch fc sisu play then thats all that matters. Oh and the answer is no i wont have a st,old trout pout can kiss my hairy arse if she think shes getting her filthy stinking hands on my hard earned.

torchomatic

IMO, slagging off people who support their club is the disgrace. If you don't want to, great. Let other people do as they wish.

Some people will blindly follow the club if it was to relocate. Imo,these people are a disgrace. Selfish,me,me,me attitude. What about the future fans? What about the future generations of city fans? Relocate and the club is finished. We've already got an ageing fanbase. As long as the 30,40,50 somethings can scuttle off to the pigsty st andrews to watch fc sisu play then thats all that matters. Oh and the answer is no i wont have a st,old trout pout can kiss my hairy arse if she think shes getting her filthy stinking hands on my hard earned.

WillieStanley

I just don't understand the pure venom towards people who simply want to watch the team they support. To some people, City Til I Die means something. Not City Til Marlon King Signs or City Til I Don't Agree With The Owners.

It's an allegence to the badge, not the location, owners, playing staff, managers et al. The insinuation that those currently saying they will go to watch City play elsewhere are somehow condoning the actions or keeping SISU tied to the club are insulting, ill-informed and narrow-minded. Get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread