Match Thread Nottingham Forest (H) (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Enjoyed the game today!

Thought Forest deserved the lead going into HT. Most of our ‘chances’ were nearly moments without a real chance. We looked to win the ball high up the pitch and we did that quite well. Got caught napping for their goal and it was a good finish. Dabo playing CB is not a shout.

Second half, we managed well. Sheaf kept us ticking and Rose gave us a bit more solidity at the back. Forest looked like they were settling for a 1-0 win, and some great play from COH helped break the deadlock and from there, only one team was winning it.

Huge 3 points coming from behind, the team looks like it’s got that one year extra Championship experience. A few signings to shore us up and I’m confident we’ll be a comfortable mid table team.

pusbccfc

The noise when we scored was fucking beautiful .

That was an incredible atmosphere , how can you go to that , listen to those fans and not want more PUSB

Second half was outstanding. Constant noise. Ricoh can be rocking over 12k.

Terry Gibson's perm

That is a really good way to win against a team that wastes so much time.

For those asking Moore is an upgrade on the goalies he came off his line which Marosi didn’t do and can actually save the ball unlike Wilson.

The two strikers are a bit to similar you need one of them to run in behind.

Nice to see Jones back and hopefully he can avoid any problems.

oakey

Can I take a credit for hiding my predicted goalscorers (by spelling only their names correctly) in my predicted team yesterday?

Team I expect
Moar
Rowes McFadzean Hiyame
Dabboo Matzeen
Schieffe Haymere
Oh-Hair
Gyokeres Wagghoarne

lifeskyblue

Fantastic end to the game. Just as I thought we had run out of ideas we get the first and then to round it off we do it at the death.
Thought Forest shaded first half (and of course got the goal) but they tired in the second and sat deep and wasted time. We were worthy winners on that second half performance.
Defence looked v slow first half… Rose coming on made it far more secure. Moore looked more secure and loved his passion at the end. Not convinced yet by the waghorn/Gyokeres partnership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Top half perhaps

Get a left sided defender - get rid of Hamer and replace with a high energy midfielder- get an experienced left wing back - this season will be a bit of a free for all - any owner with some investment even moderate could get some reward

Grendel

The decline of Hamer raises questions about Robins' man management of strong characters - see JCH

I think he’s just not great and over achieved at the start - I couldn’t believe how bad he looked he’s a headless chicken

Grendel

Disagree, players like O’Hare have improved a lot. Hamer is still able to add something at this level but £15m player he is not.

I can’t believe we got O hare it’s a lottery win

Then some people think Bright is better and one thinks Hillsner could take his place

lifeskyblue

The decline of Hamer raises questions about Robins' man management of strong characters - see JCH

Thought he was poor first half but much improved after break…but still a short fuse that will get him and the team in trouble throughout season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

not so sure on that - looked very weak defensively and better teams would make life far more difficult and we have very few replacements of quality

Yeah, I was always confident (before the game!) that we could win this one, because Forest had done worse than us with pre-season prep, not that we had been particularly good.

The win's bought us some time to get other players in, but had we not won, I'd have seen this as points dropped.

Terry Gibson's perm

We need at least one more centre back in hopefully with a bit of pace and a bit of cover for the left wing back.

Users who are viewing this thread