Match Thread Notts County v Coventry Friday 18th May (3 Viewers)

Captain Dart

steve82

Mulled this over the last few days and I’m settled on this

---------------Burge---------------
Grimmer--Willis---Hyam----Stokes
Bayliss----Kelly----Doyle----Shipley
---------Biamou----McNulty-------

Can also turn into 352 then if we can get on top of county with Grimmer adding that vital width on the right in midfield in a fullback/wingback role.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ccfcrob

Ooo new topic... I'm going with 34mm and favour us....

In all seriousness though I think the pitch will favour us more tomorrow night than our own pitch did on sat!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You fool we need it to be at least 35mm. ;)

skyblueinBaku

All I know is I’m bloody nervous can’t stop shaking and no I haven’t had a drink. Just pray we’ll have that one bit of luck to see us through. We sure as heck deserve it after the last 10 + years.
If you are shaking and haven't had a drink, I suggest you have one, quick.

CovInEssex

Mulled this over the last few days and I’m settled on this

---------------Burge---------------
Grimmer--Willis---Hyam----Stokes
Bayliss----Kelly----Doyle----Shipley
---------Biamou----McNulty-------

Can also turn into 352 then if we can get on top of county with Grimmer adding that vital width on the right in midfield in a fullback/wingback role.

I like this, gives us options to keep thing tight whilst effectively transitioning to attack. Needs a big game from Grimmer though

steve82

I like this, gives us options to keep thing tight whilst effectively transitioning to attack. Needs a big game from Grimmer though

It gives a balance to the right and Jordan Willis versatility and athleticism allows us to move over a few yards over to the right with stokes on the left of the three/four and Hyam playing the Davies role of putting his head on everything like Friday.

It allows Grimmer to fill the gap on the right Bayliss struggles to fill at times.

All works on paper and in my head... a real match scenario is different tho if we fail to win the midfield battle or contain Dan Jones

speedie87

Can’t see why anyone would want to play 3 at the back for our most important game of season, how many times have we tried it in games in the past it’s gone wrong and we change it at ht already a couple of goals down

Need to play it week in week out if ur going to use it not just switch to it

steve82

Can’t see why anyone would want to play 3 at the back for our most important game of season, how many times have we tried it in games in the past it’s gone wrong and we change it at ht already a couple of goals down

Need to play it week in week out if ur going to use it not just switch to it

No one is saying play 3 at the back, only in a attacking phase of play grimmer can push forward giving the 5th man in midfield. If it goes wrong Shipley drops in at left back and everyone moves over one so still 442 so to speak

matesx

I'm absolutely bricking it. I can't think about team selection or tactics in case it sends me over the edge.

I used to be like that but now im an old git i just accept disappointment as part of the deal of supporting CCFC.

Us losing used to ruin my weekend, wouldn't even buy the Sunday papers as i would still be sulking.

I suppose maturity and experience has numbed the pain.

Winning and doing well still gives ma a massive buzz though and i guess thats why i still devote so much of my time and money to them, its in the blood.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is a different feeling about this game. I was really chilled out about the last one, for this one I am really nervous.

I think being a CCFC fan it is the acceptance of reality. If we had lost the last game it wouldn't have been the end of the world, but if we lose tomorrow it's season over and no promotion. That is a big scare.

Not being negative, I believe we can do it, but it is frightening at the same time!

vow

Can't wait for the match myself, getting more fired up with each hour and any article about Notts.

skyblueelephant76

I really hope we win with another dodgy penalty, just to wind them up even more. I get it was a bad decision but the constant moaning about being robbed is getting ridiculous, it's not like they battered us and deserved to win the game. The Gary Birtles article today is way over the top.

Evo1883

No foundation to this but I feel Max could be like a lucky charm off the bench.

Biamou has performed best from the bench , depends if robins wants to play football or long ball which will decide who starts

Nick

Administrator
Trying not to worry about it, still thinking we will lose :(

Hope I am wrong but not feeling too confident.

Christopher Michael

Sky Bet have Notts County as slight favourites tomorrow night. Probably fair going by all 4 home teams have got to Wembley so far.

The either team in extra time or either team on penalties both look a good price at 5/1 what do you think @Christopher Michael
My opinion is we were the better team for the majority of the home leg, a better (dryer) pitch and we should win comfortably.

Warwickhunt

hope Doyle can keep his cool and avert the usual booking he gets in the first 10 minutes. Notts did it at both games to target him with a shit tackle and he succumbed both times and got booked

Warwickhunt

Trying not to worry about it, still thinking we will lose :(

Hope I am wrong but not feeling too confident.
know where you are coming from Nick supporting CCFC has scarred you badly over the years and being pessamistic is way of protecting yourself in case they lose!

Chin up Nick we can do it you know!

Great_Expectations

Grimmers form shouldn’t necessarily be a surprise, he’s been the same all season; good outlet, poor final ball and average defensively. It’s potentially being highlighted more now as he’s tiring having played more games than usual. Plus, we literally have no other option. I don’t acknowledge Willis as one, it’s been tried and failed multiple times.

A few people on the ratings thread and here mentioned JCH looked good when he came on. Genuine question; did I miss something? All I remember him doing is running the ball out of play.

P.S. I’m still confident we’ll win. We’re the superior team.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I used to be like that but now im an old git i just accept disappointment as part of the deal of supporting CCFC.

Us losing used to ruin my weekend, wouldn't even buy the Sunday papers as i would still be sulking.

I suppose maturity and experience has numbed the pain.

Winning and doing well still gives ma a massive buzz though and i guess thats why i still devote so much of my time and money to them, its in the blood.
My feelings now exactly the same,Spent some money following us over the years.
Seen some shite in that time but also good times which you tend to remember more.
We will win tomorrow not sure how but felt chilled out all week and confident!!
Biggest game since 87? I think so.

wingy

Grimmers form shouldn’t necessarily be a surprise, he’s been the same all season; good outlet, poor final ball and average defensively. It’s potentially being highlighted more now as he’s tiring having played more games than usual. Plus, we literally have no other option. I don’t acknowledge Willis as one, it’s been tried and failed multiple times.

A few people on the ratings thread and here mentioned JCH looked good when he came on. Genuine question; did I miss something? All I remember him doing is running the ball out of play.

P.S. I’m still confident we’ll win. We’re the superior team.
Think he had two chances to score didn't he ?

Great_Expectations

Think he had two chances to score didn't he ?

I genuinely don’t remember? Actually there was the one where him and Davies got in each others way in the box. Can’t remember another.

Still not sure what JCH offers overall. He should be offering a lot more than he is. I’m not writing him off and with a full pre season he will hopefully come good, but I’ve been underwhelmed so far.

Sky Blue Pete

I genuinely don’t remember? Actually there was the one where him and Davies got in each others way in the box. Can’t remember another.

Still not sure what JCH offers overall. He should be offering a lot more than he is. I’m not writing him off and with a full pre season he will hopefully come good, but I’ve been underwhelmed so far.
He did Grendel would have been apoplectic if Mas had missed them

TewkesburySkyBlue

Just watching the Exeter v Lincoln match. Exeter leading 1-0 at half time but Lincoln had a goal disallowed.
I think they are the better team but frankly the standard is dire and we can’t beat either of those two we don’t deserve promotion.

shmmeee

Been pretty confident this week but nervous now. If I was County taking a draw back home with their home record I’d be confident. It’s essentially a one off cup game and quality can easily go out the window there.

Users who are viewing this thread