NTFC fan view (1 Viewer)

exiled_to_Leeds

I am sure that Cardoza thinks that he has been very clever and the the deal all sown up with no risk at all to NTFC. He is wrong.

SISU are exceptionally adept at confusing and intricate company structures. You will think you are doing business with one entity when actually what lies behind is a deliberately complex and misleading series of companies. I can guarantee you SISU will have a variety of plans to put into operation depending on the scenario. At some point "ARVO" will be mentioned. You will have no idea what on earth it is or how serious the implications are. Be afraid, very afraid.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I am sure that Cardoza thinks that he has been very clever and the the deal all sown up with no risk at all to NTFC. He is wrong.

SISU are exceptionally adept at confusing and intricate company structures. You will think you are doing business with one entity when actually what lies behind is a deliberately complex and misleading series of companies. I can guarantee you SISU will have a variety of plans to put into operation depending on the scenario. At some point "ARVO" will be mentioned. You will have no idea what on earth it is or how serious the implications are. Be afraid, very afraid.

What's the phrase? - "You need a long spoon when you sup with the devil" (or something like that).

NTFC

Looking at it from a different angle. Cardoza would go from villain to hero if he pulled out of the agreement at the last minute leaving SISU stuffed.

Do it!

James Smith

As far as I'm aware that never happened and anyway the Council do not sent the rent, it would be ACL he'd have to negotiate with. Are you not simply making this story up, if you're not then you'll be able to quote an independent source.
I just checked and this was covered in the Trust Q&A session and the answer is as follows
ACL: In 2004 and 2005 a proposal was made by Sir Derek Higgs that there should be different base rents for each League with escalators that would relate attendance to payment. He was a shareholder and director of CCFC and a director of ACL. This proposition was rejected by the then Board of CCFC, as although the base rents for the lower Leagues would have resulted in a reduction on the agreed rent, the rent in the Premiership would have been higher. Since SISU bought the club there have been one or two light touch discussions with SISU but nothing that amounted to a serious proposition.

CCFC: Not sure of historic negotiations

James Smith

Looking at it from a different angle. Cardoza would go from villain to hero if he pulled out of the agreement at the last minute leaving SISU stuffed.

Do it!
The only thing then is he'd probably leave NTFC open to legal action by SISU, even with get out clauses which is not pleasant. Also the judicial review might yet affect your £12m loan from your council which is another issue bubbling under.

If I had a bargepole I wouldn't let it anywhere near let alone touch SISU.

simple_simon

Easy get out, say the police advised them to pull out.
Also the FL said its was ok if nowhere else to play and that's not the case.
He could become a hero big time.

James Smith

Easy get out, say the police advised them to pull out.
Also the FL said its was ok if nowhere else to play and that's not the case.
He could become a hero big time.
He could but that doesn't mean SISU won't try leagl action to get him to reconsider. That line from the first Michael Keaton Batman film comes to mind:

The Joker/Jack Napier said:
Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

Astute

Well the club couldn't afford the rent. It bust one board and has pretty much bust another - how are the ratepayers affected at all by this?

Chatting shit again I see. Why don't our club own the Ricoh? Because we were already in the shit.

If the present board are in the shit how can they afford to build a stadium? They would make much more money staying at the Ricoh for £400, 000 a year with much higher gates than paying £150, 000 a year at Northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread