Ntfc (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

i don't feel any animosity towards the fans, players or coaching staff but where the owner is concerned i cant help but feel it would be karma.

Lord_Nampil

They switch places with Nuneaton, I think if our silly situation isn't resolved then we will be playing at a different NTFC next season! The ground will be up to league standard after all......

JulianDarbyFTW

At Sixfields did Coventry Play
Where the home games were really away
But the picnic on the hill
Was really quite a thrill
Until my Scotch egg went mysteriously astray.

©JDFTW2013

steveo1987

They are down the bottom for exactly the same reason that we went into free fall from playoffs to survival.That is the stubborn Aidy Boothroyd and his inability to have a plan B when he gets found out.

@richh87

you forgot to mention that not only did they charge extortionate rents, but retained the naming rights and retained all the revenue from the ground, and refused to accept the CVA even though the alan higgs charity trust agreed to it and even though they got there £590.000 back in any case. resulting in us losing 10 points. how much has sisu put into this club so far ? how much has ACL/CCC put into the club its blatantly obvious one is putting money into the club and one was determined to take out as much as possible.

It's almost as if the Council and Higgs Trust paid for the ground to be built. They want paying back? The nerve!

Why the hell should CCFC have the naming rights etc?

I think some people are a bit simple.

treenie01

Hang on a minute.....

You expect everyone to support your cause but then want us to get relegated because our chairman helped your owners move you.

Surely you can't have it both ways. We didn't particularly want you here either and we could understand that you didn't want to travel but when this all started you expected us to boycott our own team. That was never going to happen.

Our fans at first didn't care because they didn't quite understand what was going on. They saw it as it wasn't our issue, it was a chairman helping out a team without a place to play.

Ok so maybe if we hadn't allowed you to play at Sixfields you might have sorted the issue with the Ricoh but then again you also might not have been in the league. Nobody will ever know.

As someone has pointed out, our plight is because aidy doesn't have a plan b (or a plan a sometimes). To be fair though that probably would've happened anyway.

We haven't stopped you from having your little protests. We've allowed you to fight your cause and kept out of something that's not actually to do with us so stop trying to blame us because all you're doing is losing more support for the cause

skybluelee

Hang on a minute.....

You expect everyone to support your cause but then want us to get relegated because our chairman helped your owners move you.

Surely you can't have it both ways. We didn't particularly want you here either and we could understand that you didn't want to travel but when this all started you expected us to boycott our own team. That was never going to happen.

Our fans at first didn't care because they didn't quite understand what was going on. They saw it as it wasn't our issue, it was a chairman helping out a team without a place to play.

Ok so maybe if we hadn't allowed you to play at Sixfields you might have sorted the issue with the Ricoh but then again you also might not have been in the league. Nobody will ever know.

As someone has pointed out, our plight is because aidy doesn't have a plan b (or a plan a sometimes). To be fair though that probably would've happened anyway.

We haven't stopped you from having your little protests. We've allowed you to fight your cause and kept out of something that's not actually to do with us so stop trying to blame us because all you're doing is losing more support for the cause

I couldn't give a flying fuck if you support our cause. Go back to your own board.

treenie01

There's no need for that is there. That's exactly why I came on here in the first place.

When this all started I was fed up with both sets of fans just bitching at each other. So I came on here to find out for myself what was actually happening.

I've actually found this board quite interesting but obviously I'm not welcome

Nothing whatsoever against NTFC and as a 'local' side I think we should offer them some sort of support.
Using their ground, not that I am in favour, is purely a commercial arrangement to aid the finances of a struggling league team.
Having said that I for one will never set foot in their ground to which a Coventry City side play at 'home'.

covhead1

There's no need for that is there. That's exactly why I came on here in the first place.

When this all started I was fed up with both sets of fans just bitching at each other. So I came on here to find out for myself what was actually happening.

I've actually found this board quite interesting but obviously I'm not welcome

Well you got something right!

BurbageSkyBlues

Treenie _ it's not quite black and white, and we have our fair share of fans that can be rude. Please don't think all are of the same mindset.

The situation is so messy that there are numerous views amongst our fans, all of which have some validity. What this situation has done is brought out the worst for us - we have a divided fan base, and some very vitriolic posters. There are also many intelligent and personable people on this board, so don't let a few bad eggs spoil your perception of the vast majority. There are always those who welcome a fight.

In the main, I suspect that the majority would have preferred your club not to offer us a home, so that our warring factions could sort things out to mutual benefit. We are where we are, but personally, I won't go to sixfields on principle. Just one word of warning, be very careful of your club getting into bed with the devil.......they only have one objective, that being to maximise their return....and they won't give hoots about upsetting anyone or any club....in my opinion.

Good luck

chiefdave

treenie, think a lot of CCFC fans were disappointed that NTFC fans seemed more concerned about the extra income than 'doing the right thing'. Walsall fans for example were quite vocal with their opposition in contrast to NTFC where even your supporters trust statement was pretty weak.

Most Cov fans don't have any particular wish to see NTFC relegated but I think many feel it would be in some way karma of sorts for your chairman to find NTFC playing non-league while CCFC are possibly playing in the championship at Sixfields. Would be interesting to see, in the unfortunate (for you guys at least) event of that happening, if the more casual NTFC attendees started going to CCFC games instead.

treenie01

To be fair our trust could've done a lot more. I don't actually remember seeing a statement from them. Despite being a lifelong trust member I don't tend to get involved as they don't seem to act like they need me and they only tend to send one newsletter out a year and that's just to sell raffle tickets

chiefdave

To be fair our trust could've done a lot more. I don't actually remember seeing a statement from them. Despite being a lifelong trust member I don't tend to get involved as they don't seem to act like they need me and they only tend to send one newsletter out a year and that's just to sell raffle tickets

Here it is:
“While we welcome additional revenue opportunities for NTFC, we do not support any club being moved out of their community if there is a viable option within their local area.
not the most strongly worded statement you'll ever see!

Pretty much what Sisu have always done, the more debt they have the happier they are.

NOPM makes SISU feel all nice and warm inside.

NOPM = SISU.

True to an extent. It suits them down to the ground when they're the main creditor during an administration process.

They're still having to fund the losses though and were banking on a 3,000 gate. This would have been their minimum number.

Users who are viewing this thread