Nuneaton town and liberty way to be sold ? (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

just heard this , the stadium and club to be put up for sale .
The way it sounded was as if the stadium is a separate sale from the club .
In regards to the stadium , SISU wouldn’t ... would they

JulianDarbyFTW

It holds 3800 acccording to wiki, so it'd need considerable expansion to make it worthwhile (not that moving to Attleborough (I think) is desirable).

Evo1883

It holds 3800 acccording to wiki, so it'd need considerable expansion to make it worthwhile (not that moving to Attleborough (I think) is desirable).

I’d imagine this stadium would be rather cheap , current capacity is 3800 .
A stand like Blackpool had down the side of the stadium would increase the capacity a few thousand and temporary seating elsewhere would boost it to above 10/12000 .
It’s in a CV postcode , just thought Sisu would probably be all over this .

A club with a stadium and matchday revenue , plus rent from a tenant , Nuneaton borough (changing name back I believe )

Captain Dart

Not much parking. Practically surrounded by an industrial estate.

CJ_covblaze

Big issue is the Rugby Club building. It belongs to them and it restricts any expansion on that side. The Rugby Club also own the land surrounding the ground itself so the stands can’t get any bigger than the current footprint.

As for the CV postcode thing that means very little. It’s quite a big area and runs alongside Gloucestershire and borders Derbyshire on the North side.

Otis

Random, why's he buying that?
How much did he pay for it I wonder.

Common sense would have been for us to have bought it. Could have formed stronger links with the Boro then and utilised it for some academy games and dare I say it, EFL Trophy ties.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Random, why's he buying that?
According to the articles.

He still lives in Cov. His business is Property/Land.
He can not buy The Club because he already owns Port Vale.
The Supporters of Borough are trying to buy the club, but can't really afford to buy the ground as well - at this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread