Nuneaton town could be liquidated (1 Viewer)

moleyskyblue

Is this the news fishers been waiting for ,get it at a good price and local.

Poor sods. I dunno what i'd prefer. Going into liquidation or having that smug twat in my clubs board room. Well we've had to put up with it for years so we're used to it, but now everyone knows who SISU are and what they do, so hopefully for Nuneaton, the fans can do something about it

dongonzalos

Poor buggers.

Still if Coventry get moved to Northampton.

Nuneaton fans would never want to be bought out by Haskell and moved to the Ricoh.

Everything in life is relative.

dongonzalos

Lets hope if Mr Haskell does force out SISU he maybe able to save Nuneaton and have them as the development squad.

torchomatic

Apparently Nuneaton fans wouldn't watch them if they left the town. And why should they? ;)

Poor buggers.

Still if Coventry get moved to Northampton.

Nuneaton fans would never want to be bought out by Haskell and moved to the Ricoh.

Everything in life is relative.

dongonzalos

I will send a survey with a heavily loaded question and we see about that :)

In all seriousness I hope someone does come in.
Real shame.

torchomatic

Agree. It's not nice to see any football club suffer, regardless of who or where they are in the pyramid.

dongonzalos

Crazy idea number 50 for me.

Would the FA rules stop Mr Haskell investing in both.

If they did not find a buyer.

Could we use them as our development squad.

We would paying the lads wages anyway.

They would get to play in front of 1000 fans and thd matches would prepare them better.

Just depends if he would want more property on his portfolio to justify the stadium costs.

Last edited:

SkyBlueHomer

Cary idea number 50 for me.

Would the FA rules stop Mr Haskell investing in both.

If they did not find a buyer.

Could we use them as our development squad.

We would paying the lads wages anyway.

They would get to play in front of 1000 fans and thd matches would prepare them better.

Just depends if he would want more property on his portfolio to justify the stadium costs.

Not going to pretend I know legally the answer. Does this link answer your question?
http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/dual-ownership-of-football-clubs.htm

Nonleagueherewecome

Reading the CT article, the company liquidated does not own the club and there is no threat of Nuneaton Town being liquidated whatsoever..

SkyBlueSwiss

How about a bit of conspiracy theory rubbish here:

It's obvious that SISU behind the scenes have caused this construction company to go bust so that they can buy the stadium on the cheap so that they can move CCFC there for a few years while they are "building" a new stadium in Coventry and they will get all matchday revenues to help with FFP rules. Oh, and they also have an agreement behind the scenes with the football league so they know that they will get away with this, and they have the administrator in their pocket and know they will be able to get the football club and the golden share at no cost. Easy!

Surprised no-one else saw the obvious!

Nonleagueherewecome

That said, I think the OP is a Nuneaton fan who is active on theirs and the Leam forum, so I suppose he would know...:thinking about:

I suppose if I could be bothered, I'd go and have a look on their forum and find out!

Nonleagueherewecome

How about a bit of conspiracy theory rubbish here:

It's obvious that SISU behind the scenes have caused this construction company to go bust so that they can buy the stadium on the cheap so that they can move CCFC there for a few years while they are "building" a new stadium in Coventry and they will get all matchday revenues to help with FFP rules. Oh, and they also have an agreement behind the scenes with the football league so they know that they will get away with this, and they have the administrator in their pocket and know they will be able to get the football club and the golden share at no cost. Easy!

Surprised no-one else saw the obvious!

Well the thought of "club without ground/ground without club" did occur to me, but...no.

psgm1

Banned
If the conspiracy theory was sisu to buy nuneaton on the cheap, then it is a rather stupid conspiracy. As even if they did achieve it, it isn't of the capacity needed (Minimum 5k)

Capacity: 4,314 (Seated 514)

THEY have infiltrated your mind.....:eek:

Waldorf

If the conspiracy theory was sisu to buy nuneaton on the cheap, then it is a rather stupid conspiracy. As even if they did achieve it, it isn't of the capacity needed (Minimum 5k)

So a fair amount of work for it to meet FL standards.

SkyBlueSwiss

Er, you did notice did you not that I said "conspiracy theory rubbish"? This was meant to be an ironic post, not to be taken seriously.

trueskyblue11

Really hope Nuneaton come out of this ok. They've gone through enough! They got relegated 2 leagues I think it was for going into adminstration/liquidation I cant remember which one it was and had to become Nuneaton Town rather than Nuneaton Borough and theyve come back fighting and managed to make their way into the Conference Prem so credit where credit is due and fair play. Would be great to utilise them as a development squad. Use them in a way that Udinese are using Watford cause rather than us have a development squad where we get no revenue atleast with Nuneaton we would get some turnover having them as our development squad. Would be bloody good! Then sell them when they are in a high enough league perhaps

Bluegloucester

Really hope Nuneaton come out of this ok. They've gone through enough! They got relegated 2 leagues I think it was for going into adminstration/liquidation I cant remember which one it was and had to become Nuneaton Town rather than Nuneaton Borough and theyve come back fighting and managed to make their way into the Conference Prem so credit where credit is due and fair play. Would be great to utilise them as a development squad. Use them in a way that Udinese are using Watford cause rather than us have a development squad where we get no revenue atleast with Nuneaton we would get some turnover having them as our development squad. Would be bloody good! Then sell them when they are in a high enough league perhaps
FA rules do not allow ownership of two clubs within the football pyramid, that includes the Conference.

Users who are viewing this thread