nuneaton town (1 Viewer)

skybluenewman

Off down the borough tomorrow to watch them play forest green. Forest green won 8-0 last week so should be an interesting game!! I can't not watch football so i have chosen to go and see them play. Anyone know how much the tickets are? Is anyone else going?

Otis

Hey ..... I've got an idea!!

Why not move Nuneaton Town to the Ricoh and then we can all follow them!! Coventon City Town.

smileycov

Facebook User
the more i watch the highlights, the harder it becomes in saying i will never attend sixfields.............so so gutted right now!

hutch1972

the more i watch the highlights, the harder it becomes in saying i will never attend sixfields.............so so gutted right now!
Dont waiver now smiley, anyway it was a game which probably wont be repeated for another 40 years !

Flying Fokker

The more it makes me feel angry. Hurt makes the soul grow stronger in the long run.

Do you really want to give in to SISU? The people at Sixfields have less resolve and will find it hard to go on a wet October Tuesday or Wednesday. No winners in this stupid game.

elephanttears

its like saying ive split up with my supermodel Mrs but while were on a "break" im gonna go out with a fat sweaty hairy 18 stone bird full of zits.

smileycov

Facebook User
i know,dont intend too but feel gutted for the likes of wilson and daniels. great performance and hardly a soul to watch!!! just can not understand why they wont just feck off!! sell up move on!

Voice_of_Reason

I would certainly think a merger (not takeover) of a local Conference team who would love the chance to have a home stadium like the Ricoh would prove popular -- Nuneaton ? futher down the pyramid - Hinckley, Bedworth, Rugby, Leamington. Merge Coventry United or Coventry 1883. Just gives SISU competition.

SkyBlueScottie

Why is this thread in the Coventry section. As for the question surely you would be better served asking it on a Nuneaton forum, or googling the official website of Nuneaton Town.

Nonleagueherewecome

I would certainly think a merger (not takeover) of a local Conference team who would love the chance to have a home stadium like the Ricoh would prove popular -- Nuneaton ? futher down the pyramid - Hinckley, Bedworth, Rugby, Leamington. Merge Coventry United or Coventry 1883. Just gives SISU competition.

No, no, no, no! This would not be popular, it would be stealing their identity for our own ends. It's as bad as anything SISU have done to us. Only silly teenage Twilight fans consider such a vampiric fate as desirable.

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh and Dongo :)

hutch1972

i know,dont intend too but feel gutted for the likes of wilson and daniels. great performance and hardly a soul to watch!!! just can not understand why they wont just feck off!! sell up move on!
The whole squad understand why they will be playing in front of 1k , does anybody think that the young lads think we're all shit fans for not going, on the contrary they would probably shake our hands and give us their full support.

Nonleagueherewecome

Plus, y'know, they play better without the negativity of us horrible Ricoh fans there, so everyone's a winner!

NorthernWisdom

Surely you jest!

Surely!

What an insult to the fans of Rugby Town for one!

Ah, beaten to the outrage.

But nonetheless, amazed someone wants to kill off my backup choice of team too while they're at it!

Nonleagueherewecome

Surely you jest!

Surely!

What an insult to the fans of Rugby Town for one!

Ah, beaten to the outrage.

But nonetheless, amazed someone wants to kill off my backup choice of team too while they're at it!

Coventry would be home to Rugby as much as Northampton is home to Coventry. Just because they're small, the tradition and history at a non-league club is no less significant. Indeed with closer ties to the community, the passion at such clubs is arguably greater than at most FL clubs.

Nonleagueherewecome

Good old Jimmy. He got a mention on here the other week as one of my "favourite ever manager's-not Coventry".

NorthernWisdom

One of those you wonder if he could have done a decent job in league football given the chance.

Astonishing record given the lack of cash at Rugby.

Coventry's my place of birth, but Rugby's been my home, and I'd quite like some football team linked to my identity and my life left where it is please!

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm the other way around, from Church Lawford so always Rugby and Coventry fan, although Coventry first. Now I live in Leamington, so have a big soft spot for them, too. And I quite like Nuneaton. It's really weird going on their forums and observing the banter between them (Nun-Leam the big rivalry, really). At least I can enjoy them all as they're in different divisions this year. For once, it could be Rugby who finish highest in their division-probably a "consolidation" mission for the other two, but you never know.

mark82

I'm the other way around, from Church Lawford so always Rugby and Coventry fan, although Coventry first. Now I live in Leamington, so have a big soft spot for them, too. And I quite like Nuneaton. It's really weird going on their forums and observing the banter between them (Nun-Leam the big rivalry, really). At least I can enjoy them all as they're in different divisions this year. For once, it could be Rugby who finish highest in their division-probably a "consolidation" mission for the other two, but you never know.

Leamington could be top half, who knows. Batchelor out for the season though which is a big loss.

Astute

Coventry City or nothing for me. And by the look of it not sure which way it will go :(

Gaz

I have and am going to be watching a lot of Nuneaton this season after not renewing my Cov season ticket.
So far I've enjoyed it and would recommend any football fan who isn't going Northampton to come and see a game.

Gray

if the season was to end right now, we'd be playing them next season....scary thought (early days though)

dongonzalos

Oh and Dongo :)

It's just what I would do if I were Mr Haskell
Win win win for him.
2 seasons of been the biggest fish in your division
Back to back promotions.
Then he gets his hands on the Ricoh bit by bit.
If it is marketed correctly he could capture about 10k disillusioned people from Coventry.
He would get brand new supporters due to the success in the CW region. ( 500k caption area)
He would get some Nuneaton fans. I guess most Nuneaton fans on board. Yes some would not welcome playing 6 miles away in a state of the art 32k arena as a top team in their division.
He would get a fantastic deal from the council and ACL.
Whether I personally would agree with it or like it to happen is another matter.

However I am capable of looking at it from his angle and see it as a shrewd move.
Some can't seem to get their heads around that and I don't include you NLHWC.

J

Jack Griffin

Nuneaton 1 Forest Green 0 after 60 mins, scorer Brown 18′

Vedere

I guess New England Patriots suffice as the NFL team most Bostonities support...

Warwickshire Patriots...woo

Users who are viewing this thread