nuneaton ?? (1 Viewer)

Nuneaton town fc friendly game tomorrow at liberty way !
Child-£3
Adult-£10
Who's making the short trip to see the boys in blue play treacle town ? I am !!! #PUSB !!! :)

FRY-CCFC

4 of us going. Craving city all summer. People who say they have fallen out of love with the club never loved it in the first place.

blueflint

4 of us going. Craving city all summer. People who say they have fallen out of love with the club never loved it in the first place.

bollox i loved them a lot longer than you and won't go now until SISU leave

FRY-CCFC

bollox i loved them a lot longer than you and won't go now until SISU leave

Not a real fan tbh. You can't just stop following your club. Also, the fact you are probably older than me means you will have followed them for longer but doesn't mean you love them any more than me. I never saw them in the premier league. All I've had is shit and I still follow them all over the country. So don't question my passion for my club.

Hobo

Working tomorrow, so no.

Buster

Me plus 2 . Son and blues fan . We take him to get an outside view on our players , and he's quick at getting served.

paulw

Not a real fan tbh. You can't just stop following your club. Also, the fact you are probably older than me means you will have followed them for longer but doesn't mean you love them any more than me. I never saw them in the premier league. All I've had is shit and I still follow them all over the country. So don't question my passion for my club.

Good for you FRY. I have so much respect for the young supporter who could so easily support 'bigger' clubs. You are our life blood and I hope most the fans who go to Sixfields are youngsters because the young must be rebellious.
I, personally think Nuneaton is our biggest game of the season because it is our 'real' local derby. I would love them to be promoted and while our club is foundering in the lower leagues nothing would be better for the club than having a local club getting promoted to the football league.
And not going? That is stupid. This is a friendly and nothing to do with Sixfields. Go and support the lads.

dancers lance

He never said he loved them more than you? he said he had loved them for longer than you..................no one has a party for a wank behind the bike sheds, but they do for a 50 year anniversary.

Steve.B50

It's an away game so we will be there, will probably do a few more pre season ( in UK), even if to work out who everyone is?

WestEndAgro

You must be over 50 to have a name like West End Agro

No , it's just a reference to the song they used to sing, sadly I had to sit above the west terrace when it was terracing, but remember hanging over the barrier looking down in awe.
One or two take great offence at the username but I can live with that.

dancers lance

Ahhhh, you are evidently a 40+ bloke who probably shouldn't be trying to troll (poorly) on an Internet forum.
I remember the first time someone had a better argument than me on the internet, I took it like champ. I didn't get all mardy and use the 'old troll' get out,
be a man, construct a decent argument. Link..........www.dobetteratschool

Buster

No , it's just a reference to the song they used to sing, sadly I had to sit above the west terrace when it was terracing, but remember hanging over the barrier looking down in awe.
One or two take great offence at the username but I can live with that.

Before the family stand was built the "game" was to keep the west end clear of away supporters and we nearly always achieved this . I remember one Saturday Chelsea were coming and we were waiting for the assault which hadn't come . Quarter of an hour to kick off someone noticed strange faces gathering on the rise to our left on the corner to the sky blue stand . They steamed in and ten minutes later we were listening to cockney voices singing " We took the West End" not much WestEndAgro that day . Happy days , most of them !

paulw

Before the family stand was built the "game" was to keep the west end clear of away supporters and we nearly always achieved this . I remember one Saturday Chelsea were coming and we were waiting for the assault which hadn't come . Quarter of an hour to kick off someone noticed strange faces gathering on the rise to our left on the corner to the sky blue stand . They steamed in and ten minutes later we were listening to cockney voices singing " We took the West End" not much WestEndAgro that day . Happy days , most of them !

I remember that at one point they used half the West End for away supporters. I don't know how long it was for but, I think it was when we became all seated?

italiahorse

When you get older you will realise that there's more to life than blindly following a football team. Particularly one that no longer belongs to the fans. I will reconsider when they come back to Coventry but will not buy a season ticket until SISU have gone.
Good luck to you though.

stupot07

Yes, I think I will be there with at least one of the bairns.
Edit: weather permitting :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Hobo

I remember that at one point they used half the West End for away supporters. I don't know how long it was for but, I think it was when we became all seated?

It was early to mid 70's before the all seating plan.

6 Generations

As i recall of a lot of the support from the bigger clubs used to eventually 'share' the West End sometime during the game!!!

Without invitation!!

Hobo

Actually i think it was 1981 that HR first became all seater.

but the pen was created on the Spion Kop terrace for away fans before all seats...I would guess around 1976?

Terry Gibson's perm

Not attending today unfortunately a child's party until 3pm and also not to interested in watching some second rate footballers in a friendly against Nuneaton!

blueflint

no not a real fan a true one true to my home town true to my home town club when they return i may until then nopm

Users who are viewing this thread