Oasis reunion (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Seems to be gathering some steam after Noels interview where he finally seems open to it and urges Liam to call.

Amazing what a celeb divorce can do for the sudden need for reunions isnt it?

However saying that, do you think it will happen? Has this been the plan all along? And of course the biggun, would you go?

rob9872

Be amazed if it happened, possibly a one off concert apart, but yep would definitely go

*as long as it was outside the football season

vow

Went to the Ricoh concert when the Enemy were supporting.
Really enjoyed the enemy far more than Oasis that night.

I wouldn't go if they were to reform but would look forward to the music, if they made new stuff.

Oh and the pints of piss being thrown around? I wouldn't miss that either.

ccfctommy

I hope they don't reform. Its been done. There's no need as the have millions in the bank. Saw em at Birmingham a few months before they called it a day and it was very 'meh'.

LastGarrison

I’m not gonna lie, I’d be like a kid at Christmas!!

Would be fucking amazing and would be quality to hear them live again!!

I also think unlike the Stone Roses, Happy Monday’s etc their actual playing and singing would still be as good if a little less ‘raw’.

Bring it fucking on!

Sick Boy

I wouldn't go if they were to reform but would look forward to the music, if they made new stuff.

The first two albums were excellent but it went downhill after that and I consider myself an Oasis fan. I'd go and see them in Italy but wouldn't watch them in the UK because of the pints of piss.

SBT

The first two albums were excellent but it went downhill after that and I consider myself an Oasis fan. I'd go and see them in Italy but wouldn't watch them in the UK because of the pints of piss.
Yeah, ignoring the fact that Liam hasn’t been able to sing for ~20 years, seeing them live in the UK would be a pretty horrendous experience. Even beyond the piss-throwers you’ll have hordes of teenagers cosplaying as Kathy Burke in that Kevin & Perry sketch trying to tell you that bucket hats are ”biblical”.

CCFCSteve

Yeah, ignoring the fact that Liam hasn’t been able to sing for ~20 years, seeing them live in the UK would be a pretty horrendous experience. Even beyond the piss-throwers you’ll have hordes of teenagers cosplaying as Kathy Burke in that Kevin & Perry sketch trying to tell you that bucket hats are ”biblical”.

Liams voice has improved in recent years..he was decent at knebworth last year. Think he’s finally started to try to look after it a bit. Agree about the piss throwers though. Reckon my mates and I would still all go…old times sake 🤷‍♂️…just hang around near the back !

olderskyblue

I’ve seen them 4 times, and imho, the people that go to see them are wankers.

• Haha
Reactions: vow

Joy Division

Seems to be gathering some steam after Noels interview where he finally seems open to it and urges Liam to call.

Amazing what a celeb divorce can do for the sudden need for reunions isnt it?

However saying that, do you think it will happen? Has this been the plan all along? And of course the biggun, would you go?

Not sure Noel has said he is open to a reunion to be fair. In the same interview

"I will say, and I’ve said it a thousand times, if Oasis hadn’t had reached their potential and there was something left to do, it would be different, but I just don’t see what the point would be. It would be make a load of money, I’ve got a load of money. To do some monumental [venue] I’ve already done them."

"It’s just not something that appeals to me," he added, before teasing

stay_up_skyblues

Saw them three times, including the last gig at Wembley supported by the Enemy and Kasabian and it was brilliant. The Old Trafford gig was superb and Richard Ashcroft popped up as a surprise guest and did a few Verve songs. Also love all of Liam’s new stuff and he was great in Brum when touring his second solo album.

I’d be right in there, although I don’t drink anymore and am older so it would have to be a comfortable seat somewhere versus the piss flooded mosh pit. Possibly with a flask and ear defenders.

Sick Boy

I saw them at Old Trafford cricket ground around 02 or 03 and they were ok. They’ll inevitably end up doing a reunion but they probably shouldn’t do - everything after Morning Glory was pretty poor to say the least.

SkyBlueSoul

I never got to see them live first time around so would be very tempted. If they did get back together I'd rather it was to tour and play existing songs than try and make a new album, don't see that ending well.

Sky_Blue_Daz

seen them twice not sure if I'd be interested in seeing them again but could be persuaded

nicksar

To be fair Oasis were a very good Beatles tribute band with a nod to the Kinks as well.... nothing original about them.

fernandopartridge

Oasis material-wise obviously the first two albums but I think I like some of the songs from Don't Believe the Truth most of all subsequent albums, especially 'Turn up the Sun'

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They're too old. Saw Liam top of the bill at the memorial park not long ago and he came across as an old git who still thinks that he can shock the public just the way he did 20 years earlier with his attitude. It just doesn't work the same way when you're older. Shame because I like his voice but all the other stuff just makes him look a bit of a parody.

Saddlebrains

Tbf i Love Liam, and I think kudos to him for being on the bones of his arse after Oasis split, Noel and the media making out Liam was at fault (may well have been) and making it back

To come back and do what he has done solo wise with number 1 albums and sell out tours after spending a year almost drinking himself to death with depression, i think shows the level of the man. He still just wants to make rock and roll and entertain his fans and have fun

I find Noel has turned bitter and miserable in his old age, and his music is shit compared to Liam.

Would be very intrigued to see how the dynamic would work if they ever did do it again

CCFCSteve

Tbf i Love Liam, and I think kudos to him for being on the bones of his arse after Oasis split, Noel and the media making out Liam was at fault (may well have been) and making it back

To come back and do what he has done solo wise with number 1 albums and sell out tours after spending a year almost drinking himself to death with depression, i think shows the level of the man. He still just wants to make rock and roll and entertain his fans and have fun

I find Noel has turned bitter and miserable in his old age, and his music is shit compared to Liam.

Would be very intrigued to see how the dynamic would work if they ever did do it again

Agree with this. In recent years Liam appears to have softened a bit and become more likeable, Noel’s gone in the other direction

Big turn around with solo careers as well

Users who are viewing this thread