Official January transfer window for CCFC (1 Viewer)

Otis

I need to hear more on this. Something is not quite right.

Either the 7m is wrong or the 2m is wrong.

There is surely no way on this earth that we turned down 7m but then just a few hours later sold for 2m.

That would be a total madness and would make no business sense whatsoever.

Need some meat on the bones in the morning.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

ccfc92

There is surely no way on this earth that we turned down 7m but then just a few hours later sold for 2m.

Agreed, we need more info.

But will we get it?

AFCCOVENTRY

Don't worry.. In true Sisu style the fee is undisclosed and we will never find out.

NorthernWisdom

The usual approach would be you'd leak a few rumours about big fees rejected, in the hope another club pops up and stupidly believes that actually happened, so hands over even more.

And then we find they aren't quite that thick after all...

stevefloyd

Whatever we got it wouldn't be enough for us ...time to produce another talent that can be sold and get us out of this division

SkyBlue_Bear83

7 million was the fee quoted, not rejected.

I suspect the conversations went something like this

Spurs: We'd like to buy James Maddison, how much?
Us: £7 million
Spurs: No chance

Liverpool: We'd like to buy James Maddison, how much?
Liverpool: No chance

Norwich: We'd like to buy James Maddison, how much?
Norwich: Will give you £2 million and £1.5 million if England win the world cup
Us: Deal

Nick

Administrator
Just seen Burton sold their best player for £350k, one of the ones who bossed it against us.

Brylowes

Got a feeling you're gonna be hungry come breakfast time. Would be amazed if Norwich paid any more than 2M any
add-ons don't matter,they only pay us more if they get more.

SlowerThanPlatt

Just had a look, he's currently looked after by Base Soccer Agency, who also look after Ashley Cole and Aaron Ramsey. Was always going to be off and touted about. Cian Harries is also with the same agency.

dongonzalos

Happy with the two defenders.
Especially Stephens!
Happy that Middison is staying.
Hope the 2 million price is not correct. Hope the money is coming TM's way.
Hope Maddison will sign for us on loan in the championship next season.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
if its 2 mill murphy must be part of the deal plus add ones what im thinking if not then anything less then 5 mill and its a joke, let the dust settle eventually well find out the deal has to come out some way!

idm1975

Fucking fucking fucking pissed at this, 2 fucking million. Our dear owners are supposed to be business people arent they? They should have called jeremy peace for some fucking advice and they would have fucking got a fucking idea of what to fucking do!

SlowerThanPlatt

'Didn't want to stand in the way of an academy graduate playing in the PL'. What kind of statements that? He should be the one taking us there.

Nick

Administrator
'Didn't want to stand in the way of an academy graduate playing in the PL'. What kind of statements that? He should be the one taking us there.

Sounds as if he is saying the player wanted the move?

CaKlCc5WEAAijck.jpg:large

SlowerThanPlatt

Can't blame him. Mowbray should have sat down with Maddison early January and explained theres clubs in for you, we want to move this quickly so both parties can move on positively (like Posh with Washington). Now we're stuck with a player who fans will be questioning his commitment, no permanent signings and apparently a shockingly low fee.

torchomatic

Don't worry.. In true Sisu style the fee is undisclosed and we will never find out.
They must run an awful lot of clubs then as the majority of fees are undisclosed.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

If that's the case he can fuck off ever playing for us again.

Slept on it, still pissed off. Sisu can fuck off with their shitty business sense and Hairband can fuck off with his bollocks too.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Pretty pants deadline day again, eh?

Don't just mean because Maddison has gone (and come back) as that was always looking likely - on that subject I think it's too soon, and he still has a long way to go before he's the finished article - but no attackers, least nt ones that were already at the club have come in at a time when we're struggling up top!

I hope we have a loan lined up for the window when it reopens, yet at the same time if there is, we'll end up like last season and end up being too loan heavy and one atleast will have to miss out!!

Also, unless it's someone who's only just gone out of favour st a club, it'll either be someone untried, or someone massively lacking in fitness!

That said, who knows we may find another Armstrong somewhere!

Astute

If that's the case he can fuck off ever playing for us again.

Slept on it, still pissed off. Sisu can fuck off with their shitty business sense and Hairband can fuck off with his bollocks too.

Really?

When was the last time a player said that he didn't want to join his new club, couldn't wait to leave his present club and the whole thing is shit?

sw88

Chief Commentator!

TBF, that wouldn't surprise me.

Then again, any league one player being offered the chance of premiership football isn't going to turn that down are they.

As for the price, it's all well and good fans saying 'he's worth more than that', but in reality, is he? Even if the minimum we get is £2m, that's quite a lot for an untried kid.

Astute

Pretty pants deadline day again, eh?

Don't just mean because Maddison has gone (and come back) as that was always looking likely - on that subject I think it's too soon, and he still has a long way to go before he's the finished article - but no attackers, least nt ones that were already at the club have come in at a time when we're struggling up top!

I hope we have a loan lined up for the window when it reopens, yet at the same time if there is, we'll end up like last season and end up being too loan heavy and one atleast will have to miss out!!

Also, unless it's someone who's only just gone out of favour st a club, it'll either be someone untried, or someone massively lacking in fitness!

That said, who knows we may find another Armstrong somewhere!

How many loans do we want at our club? Only 5 can be in the squad. What I hope is happening is that TM has a player or two that have negotiated an end of contract with their club and will be joining as a free agent.

Otis

'Sounds like the player wanted the move!'

Exactly! SOUNDS like the player wanted the move! Don't these things nearly always sound like the player wanted the move.

If it doesn't then that throws up all sorts of bad feeling.

Pretty much every player is going to say they are really happy to go to a new club for more money!

Nothing to see here, move along.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cop out excuse to justify the sale, if it was down to only him and he's forced the move why didnt he hold out for Spurs/Liverpool or say he wanted to speak those clubs when they reportedly enquired earlier yesterday?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
How many loans do we want at our club? Only 5 can be in the squad. What I hope is happening is that TM has a player or two that have negotiated an end of contract with their club and will be joining as a free agent.

That was kind of the point in my third paragraph Astute. Wouldn't want us to end up like last season, but would only want to sign free agents who are fit and raring to go, which of late is something we have lacked - Lorentzen, Hunt, Cole.......

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not saying he didnt want to go as he's obviously signed the contract but I doubt he twisted the clubs arm and gave them no choice but to accept the offer

Grendel

Not saying he didnt want to go as he's obviously signed the contract but I doubt he twisted the clubs arm and gave them no choice but to accept the offer

The club wanted to sell him. Mowbray wasn't unhappy at selling he was virtually giving the terms of sale in interviews.

Where it went wrong in terms of a bidding war was there were no bidders.

Otis

The club wanted to sell him. Mowbray wasn't unhappy at selling he was virtually giving the terms of sale in interviews.

Where it went wrong in terms of a bidding war was there were no bidders.
Sounds like people just putting out feelers that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread