oh dear ROD (1 Viewer)

Have just seen Burnleys second goal and oh dear rod. Failed to clear an unchallenged and poor corner. Why was he on the pitch?

Grendel

Thorn and Eastwood obviously have had a fall-out. Also, I think Eastwood is a big let down. That said even a 3 stone over weight Eastwood is more effective than O'Donavan who is just abject.

I assume Platt was not available today....I hope so.

Perryccfc

It was so bad I had to rewind it and watch it again! It was the laziest swing of a leg I've ever seen! And this guy wants to make the starting line up? No chance!!!

Grendel

What do you expect - can you name one positive thing he has done while he has been here.

The worst player of all time in Sky Blue - useless.

gouldberg

I'd rather give a young Jeffers or Wilson a chance over O'Donovan. He shows tiny tiny glimpses of being an ok-ish player but aged 26 the ship has sailed on his career. Wilson and Jeffers (both 19) could really learn from the odd 15/20 minutes every now and again.

Otis

ROD has proved unfortunately that he is a parks football player and nothing else.

That kick and run that he did just after he came on was really really embarrassing and quite comical. Stuff you see 9 year old kids doing. He simply knocked the ball past the defender and then tried to run past him and the defender incredibly easily got to the ball well before he did. It's not even if ROD is that fast anyway is it.

Lord_Nampil

Would Baker been a better option to bring on? I do think Thorn has more questions to answer about his ability to make the right call yesterday, cuz he didn't !!!

Regarding ROD he is what he is and we can't change that, should he have been in the box at all? I think our defending of corners is the main reason we conseeded !!!

sky_blue_up_north

He was awful the punt up field he chased and lost 3 yards against the Burnley player, useless when he came on the game changed. AT made some bad discussions yesterday.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
ROD has proved unfortunately that he is a parks football player and nothing else.

That kick and run that he did just after he came on was really really embarrassing and quite comical. Stuff you see 9 year old kids doing. He simply knocked the ball past the defender and then tried to run past him and the defender incredibly easily got to the ball well before he did. It's not even if ROD is that fast anyway is it.

Ha, this was commical. He was never gonna win that race. He has been very disappointing to say the least. To think Boothroyd, and I believe it was Boothroyd who brought him here, and not that we had him on our 'radar' before, thought he could give us something, and offer him a THREE year contract, was one of AB's many woeful decisions (and wasnt it his first??). And as he's on a three year contract, we cant afford to pay him off, and no ones likely to come in for him are they :(

Platt_The_Donkey

Some valid points, ROD is absolute gash and should be moved on in January, even if it is on loan. That clearance, his lack of precision and general play is so amateurish it is laughable. He contributes nothing and must be a doddle to mark.

I would have thought a fit Sheff would be ahead of him in the pecking order, plus I agree about Jeffers and Wilson, would much rather see them given a chance over the slow, inept ROD. Boothroyd should be hung up by his bollocks for signing him.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Would Baker been a better option to bring on? I do think Thorn has more questions to answer about his ability to make the right call yesterday, cuz he didn't !!!

Don't forget he made the right call against Leeds at half time...

Otis

Some valid points, ROD is absolute gash and should be moved on in January, even if it is on loan. That clearance, his lack of precision and general play is so amateurish it is laughable. He contributes nothing and must be a doddle to mark.

I would have thought a fit Sheff would be ahead of him in the pecking order, plus I agree about Jeffers and Wilson, would much rather see them given a chance over the slow, inept ROD. Boothroyd should be hung up by his bollocks for signing him.

Good point there. As an opposition defender ROD must indeed be a rather easy player to mark. He is quite predictable and his first touch isn't great anyway. Hand on heart, how many goals do you think ROD is capable of this season for us? 3? 4? Think I would rather see another of the academy lads like Wilson to be honest.

ashbyjan

It's a sign of how far we have sunk as a club when the best option off the bench is a player barely good enough for nuneaton borough. Still I am sure kennyboy will be getting us a striker in on loan any day now along with an experienced midfielder. Yeah right - thanks for nothing SISU.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

His contribution yesterday was diabolical. He looked totally off the pace, kept falling over, never looked remotely an attacking threat, when he did have the ball he gave it away and his pathetic sliced clearance gifted Burnley their winning goal.

The man wouldn't grace the Memorial Park and must be desposed with asap and forced to languish in the reserves polishing boots for the remainder of his contract if we are unable to offload him. A definite contender for an all-time Sky Blue nightmare XI.

J

Jack Griffin

I don't think we will be seeing a lot more of ROD this season, he only got on because Platt wasn't available. His movement is terrible, even Andy Morrell, Kevin Kyle were a lot better!
In championship matches he has been less effective than fat freddy, he has never scored at championship level.

I wonder how come he was signed, Thorn was chief scout at the time he came to us, Boothroyd was manager, both are responsible at some level.
If squad was fuller ROD would be loaned to a League One club to get some sharpness & confidence.

swanageskyblue

You all seem to be saying the same thing here - that ROD's footballing ability is very limited, but think business for a moment! He has only 18 months left on his contract and he would probably accept quite a modest offer right now for a long-term contract extension. This would significantly boost the asset value of the playing squad and contribute towards realising Igwe's vision for CCFC. Expect the announcement any day now!

Grendel

You all seem to be saying the same thing here - that ROD's footballing ability is very limited, but think business for a moment! He has only 18 months left on his contract and he would probably accept quite a modest offer right now for a long-term contract extension. This would significantly boost the asset value of the playing squad and contribute towards realising Igwe's vision for CCFC. Expect the announcement any day now!

If Rubbish O Donavan ever gets a new deal I am off to support the Villa.

skybluesteve76

I don't think we will be seeing a lot more of ROD this season, he only got on because Platt wasn't available. His movement is terrible, even Andy Morrell, Kevin Kyle were a lot better!
In championship matches he has been less effective than fat freddy, he has never scored at championship level.

I wonder how come he was signed, Thorn was chief scout at the time he came to us, Boothroyd was manager, both are responsible at some level.
If squad was fuller ROD would be loaned to a League One club to get some sharpness & confidence.

That's an insult to Kyle and especially Morrell!

operationprem

Don't like to slag our players but in my life time he's got to be the worst forward I've seen play for us. Kyle was far better at least defenders knew he was there

Users who are viewing this thread