Oh Jeremy Corbyn (2 Viewers)

Astute

clint van damme

Absolute bullshit. I have had a go at all of them.

One side not being good enough doesn't mean the other side are good enough. I don't trust any of them.

Go on then. Find where I have praised the Tories. Either that or admit you are bullshitting.

I don't trust May. She is a remainer leading the leavers. She is doing what she doesn't want to do.

I didn't say you praise the tories. I said you're reluctant to criticise them and try and deflect when other people do. I gave you an example.

Astute

I didn't say you praise the tories. I said you're reluctant to criticise them and try and deflect when other people do. I gave you an example.
I criticise both parties. Criticising the Tories goes unnoticed. Criticising Labour seems to be a sin.

Astute

You obviously think so, that's why you bang the drum for Brexit on a daily basis.
I point out the discrepancies on those that bang the remain drum constantly. I point out what is wrong with the way the EU is run as some would like you to believe all is OK. And these same people ignore whenever I say good about the EU. Although I admit that it isn't a lot these days as it is now down to negotiations which are not going the way which are best fir the people of the EU. It is mainly about egos.

clint van damme

I point out the discrepancies on those that bang the remain drum constantly. I point out what is wrong with the way the EU is run as some would like you to believe all is OK. And these same people ignore whenever I say good about the EU. Although I admit that it isn't a lot these days as it is now down to negotiations which are not going the way which are best fir the people of the EU. It is mainly about egos.

but to me all that is irrelevant. We voted leave so we need to leave in a way that gives us the best prospects going forward. At the moment I am very sceptical due to the politicians we have leading us out who I think, and there is daily evidence to back this up, are next to useless. I can't believe people aren't seeing it.

In the last two or 3 days the Foreign secretary has admitted he didn't understand the Good Friday agreement, (the latest in a long succession of blunders), and an agency who David Davis stated would not leave the UK are on their bike.
These are the things people should be concerned with.

Astute

but to me all that is irrelevant. We voted leave so we need to leave in a way that gives us the best prospects going forward. At the moment I am very sceptical due to the politicians we have leading us out who I think, and there is daily evidence to back this up, are next to useless. I can't believe people aren't seeing it.

In the last two or 3 days the Foreign secretary has admitted he didn't understand the Good Friday agreement, (the latest in a long succession of blunders), and an agency who David Davis stated would not leave the UK are on their bike.
These are the things people should be concerned with.
And that is my point.

You and a few others are always looking for discrepancies that I have come out with. But you never find any. But when I point out the discrepancies from those looking for them from me they are irrelevant. I point out the discrepancies from the leave lot. Not a problem. But when I point out the discrepancies from the remain lot they are irrelevant. When I point out the discrepancies from the Tory manifesto there isn't a problem. But when I point out the discrepancies from the Labour manifesto it is irrelevant.

Then I get called biased when I am one of the rare ones having a go at all sides.

Neither the Tories or Labour are fit to govern as they presently stand. That is my opinion. And nobody has said anything to make me change my mind. And the opposition is non existent.

Kingokings204

And that is my point.

You and a few others are always looking for discrepancies that I have come out with. But you never find any. But when I point out the discrepancies from those looking for them from me they are irrelevant. I point out the discrepancies from the leave lot. Not a problem. But when I point out the discrepancies from the remain lot they are irrelevant. When I point out the discrepancies from the Tory manifesto there isn't a problem. But when I point out the discrepancies from the Labour manifesto it is irrelevant.

Then I get called biased when I am one of the rare ones having a go at all sides.

Neither the Tories or Labour are fit to govern as they presently stand. That is my opinion. And nobody has said anything to make me change my mind. And the opposition is non existent.

I agree. I think British political parties have been so used to being governered to a large extent by Brussels they have been seen to look inadequate. We finally as a country have some work to do and both of the two main parties are looking stupid. It’s weak. It’s still party politics above the best for Britain.

Lib dems are standing on a second referendum ticket and are going backwards. Ukip have got their brexit vote and have now served its purpose and collapsed.

I repeat May is only there to stop corbyn getting in. Blue beats red and that’s all the matters and to hell with brexit we will just pay whatever you want (50b probably) as long as labour don’t get in.

A strong government would of walked away by now due to the poor treatment from the EU. They are bullies and the last thing you do is appease bullies. They always ask for more.

Walk away and show your hand unfortunately we don’t have a government prepared to due to the weakness and incompetence it finds itself in.

clint van damme

And that is my point.

but remain is irrelevant. We voted leave so have to make the best of it. I don't see the point in going on about remain voters, (of which you say you are one), because that isn't the course we have chosen.
You say you look at both sides but when was the last time you posted highlighting a fuck up by one of the Brexit team? And it's not difficult because they are frequent.
I try to look for good Brexit news stories, (I've actually posted one of the few links to one), they are hard to find.
The worrying thing is, it was always easy to find negative Brexit stories in the like of the Independent but now you can increasingly find them in the right wing press.

Astute

but remain is irrelevant. We voted leave so have to make the best of it. I don't see the point in going on about remain voters, (of which you say you are one), because that isn't the course we have chosen.
You say you look at both sides but when was the last time you posted highlighting a fuck up by one of the Brexit team? And it's not difficult because they are frequent.
I try to look for good Brexit news stories, (I've actually posted one of the few links to one), they are hard to find.
The worrying thing is, it was always easy to find negative Brexit stories in the like of the Independent but now you can increasingly find them in the right wing press.
It is easy to find bad leave and remain news. Everyone has their own opinion. So half is good and half is bad for both. Good news is easy to find. But I ignore most of it. Bad news is easy to find. But I ignore most of it.

Just like on here. If you believed some if it you would think that we are going to become a third world country.

And there you go again. One side is irrelevant. No it isn't. The PM was a part of it. So were others leading us out of the EU. This is where I don't get your stance. You say I don't attack certain people enough. But you defend these same people on what was said before the vote. You say it is irrelevant when it isn't.

Astute

That was a sweet moment.
To me it was a chance lost. Labour was up against a Tory party that can't agree on anything. They offered nothing new to improve things. A decent Labour party would have won the last election. And Labour will win the next one if they sort things out. They have the people to do it. But if things stay the same so will the next result.

clint van damme

It is easy to find bad leave and remain news. Everyone has their own opinion. So half is good and half is bad for both. Good news is easy to find. But I ignore most of it. Bad news is easy to find. But I ignore most of it.

Just like on here. If you believed some if it you would think that we are going to become a third world country.

And there you go again. One side is irrelevant. No it isn't. The PM was a part of it. So were others leading us out of the EU. This is where I don't get your stance. You say I don't attack certain people enough. But you defend these same people on what was said before the vote. You say it is irrelevant when it isn't.

so if you could categorically prove where the remain campaign was flawed, what difference would it make now?
And you certainly can't make a case for it being more relevant than the course the Brexit negotiations are taking but you say very little about the almost daily fuck ups are politicians are making.

chiefdave

Even Labour MP's couldn't believe the last election result
Haven't watched the program yet but seen a couple of clips. Highlights the problem really. Corbyn isn't just battling the Conservatives he's battling the PLP. Huge support from the Labour membership as seen from the leadership votes but the PLP constantly working against him.

Ideally I'd have like to see them split off and join with the more centrist Conservatives and give a decent 3 party system with a genuine choice of left, right or centre. Of course a lot of those involved are career MPs who wouldn't do something that drastic for fear of losing their nice salary.

clint van damme

Haven't watched the program yet but seen a couple of clips. Highlights the problem really. Corbyn isn't just battling the Conservatives he's battling the PLP. Huge support from the Labour membership as seen from the leadership votes but the PLP constantly working against him.

Ideally I'd have like to see them split off and join with the more centrist Conservatives and give a decent 3 party system with a genuine choice of left, right or centre. Of course a lot of those involved are career MPs who wouldn't do something that drastic for fear of losing their nice salary.

that last sentence pretty much sums up the problems with British politics and is endemic across the political spectrum.

Astute

so if you could categorically prove where the remain campaign was flawed, what difference would it make now?
And you certainly can't make a case for it being more relevant than the course the Brexit negotiations are taking but you say very little about the almost daily fuck ups are politicians are making.
Who said it would make a difference to the vote now? What it does say is who should be believed. Hardly anyone at the front of the debate was truthful. Yet some only want to go on about the lies from one side.

Astute

One thing that makes me laugh is Corbyn wants out of the EU. But those who want to stay in the EU defend him. May wants to stay in the EU. But those who also want to stay in the EU do nothing but attack her.

chiefdave

One thing that makes me laugh is Corbyn wants out of the EU. But those who want to stay in the EU defend him. May wants to stay in the EU. But those who also want to stay in the EU do nothing but attack her.
Problem for Corbyn is if he takes a remain stance he'll be attacked for ignoring the electorate. If he says leaves he's attacked by those on the labour side who want to remain.

He's probably best off at the moment just nudging May along and giving her enough rope to hang herself.

Ian1779

To me it was a chance lost. Labour was up against a Tory party that can't agree on anything. They offered nothing new to improve things. A decent Labour party would have won the last election. And Labour will win the next one if they sort things out. They have the people to do it. But if things stay the same so will the next result.

It was a chance lost I agree, if the party hadn't spent 2 years fighting within itself then it may have been a different result. There are some excellent MP's that are not part of the shadow cabinet, but there are also some career MP's that are not interested in serving their electorate, and they need to be weeded out from Labour and all parties really. There is a reason that so many people are still disengaged with politicians because they are perceived as in it for themselves.

Brexit is going to dominate our politics for the next 2 years, which I fear means that there are other areas in crisis that are not going to be highlighted and addressed (NHS, Universal Credit, Education, Housing).

Ian1779

It's probably the hardest place to be, if the party take a stance on remain then they may gain some voters, but they will lose any trust in the electorate by essentially disregarding what they voted for. Like chiefdave said, better to sit back with your cards close to your chest and watch the Tories fuck it up, and try and pick up the pieces from there.

Astute

Problem for Corbyn is if he takes a remain stance he'll be attacked for ignoring the electorate. If he says leaves he's attacked by those on the labour side who want to remain.

He's probably best off at the moment just nudging May along and giving her enough rope to hang herself.
May is onto a loser for the reasons you have stated alone. And she is having to do something she doesn't want to do. Personally I think that is why there was another election. She didn't have to call one. But if it all goes wrong the Tories will have enough time to replace her before the next general election. If it goes well she stays.

Labour needs someone with charisma like Bliar. Not the lies part of course. But someone that everyone can get behind that doesn't have a past that van be thrown at them. Someone that sounds as though they mean what they say. Not someone who just drifts along.

Captain Dart

May is onto a loser for the reasons you have stated alone. And she is having to do something she doesn't want to do. Personally I think that is why there was another election. She didn't have to call one. But if it all goes wrong the Tories will have enough time to replace her before the next general election. If it goes well she stays.

Labour needs someone with charisma like Bliar. Not the lies part of course. But someone that everyone can get behind that doesn't have a past that van be thrown at them. Someone that sounds as though they mean what they say. Not someone who just drifts along.

Owen Smith, LOL

Astute

It was a chance lost I agree, if the party hadn't spent 2 years fighting within itself then it may have been a different result. There are some excellent MP's that are not part of the shadow cabinet, but there are also some career MP's that are not interested in serving their electorate, and they need to be weeded out from Labour and all parties really. There is a reason that so many people are still disengaged with politicians because they are perceived as in it for themselves.

Brexit is going to dominate our politics for the next 2 years, which I fear means that there are other areas in crisis that are not going to be highlighted and addressed (NHS, Universal Credit, Education, Housing).
It makes you wonder why these MP's haven't been brought through. It is as though they don't want any competition for Corbyn.

Astute

It's probably the hardest place to be, if the party take a stance on remain then they may gain some voters, but they will lose any trust in the electorate by essentially disregarding what they voted for. Like chiefdave said, better to sit back with your cards close to your chest and watch the Tories fuck it up, and try and pick up the pieces from there.
But the Tories have already fucked up big time. This would be a good time to have a strong leader that could keep kicking them in the balls. But since Bliar there has been nobody. They always seem to choose the wrong one.

Ian1779

It makes you wonder why these MP's haven't been brought through. It is as though they don't want any competition for Corbyn.

Corbyn's direction has set the tone for the way the Labour party is going (certainly for the foreseeable future). It is no longer a watered down version of what the Tories have to offer. Now it may not appeal to some people, but you at least have a clear choice when you go to the ballot box. Maybe this means there will be a 3rd party with a centrist focus come through in the future who knows, which may contain MP's from both parties who decide that ideologically that they can't continue to represent the respective direction in which they are going.

Astute

Corbyn's direction has set the tone for the way the Labour party is going (certainly for the foreseeable future). It is no longer a watered down version of what the Tories have to offer. Now it may not appeal to some people, but you at least have a clear choice when you go to the ballot box. Maybe this means there will be a 3rd party with a centrist focus come through in the future who knows, which may contain MP's from both parties who decide that ideologically that they can't continue to represent the respective direction in which they are going.
That will never happen.

Ian1779

But the Tories have already fucked up big time. This would be a good time to have a strong leader that could keep kicking them in the balls. But since Bliar there has been nobody. They always seem to choose the wrong one.

Again, we will have to respectfully disagree on that point. Corbyn will always have the baggage of his past, but his notion for what he wants to see changed in society comes for me is the right direction we need to head in. He may not see it through all the way to the end, but I feel we are at least on a track to some modicum of decency and justness.

Astute

Again, we will have to respectfully disagree on that point. Corbyn will always have the baggage of his past, but his notion for what he wants to see changed in society comes for me is the right direction we need to head in. He may not see it through all the way to the end, but I feel we are at least on a track to some modicum of decency and justness.
But are you saying that he is the best that Labour has?

Grendel

Corbyn has always voted against the Eu in virtually every parliamentary vote over the years and was part of the Labour Party who fought an election on a message of withdrawal.

He’d never back a remain stance - he and McDonnell have always opposed the political treaties in the commons

Remember the next day after the election they were demanding the government triggered article 50

chiefdave

Remember the next day after the election they were demanding the government triggered article 50
That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. You're criticising Corbyn for pushing the government to follow the result of the vote. Irrespective of his personal stance if the next day he'd started saying we should ignore the vote you would have criticised him for that as well.

Grendel

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. You're criticising Corbyn for pushing the government to follow the result of the vote. Irrespective of his personal stance if the next day he'd started saying we should ignore the vote you would have criticised him for that as well.

No I just find him a hypocrite. He hates Europe with a passion and should have campaigned to leave rather than abandon one of his life long principals just to keep the rewards and benefits of his job.

Kingokings204

No I just find him a hypocrite. He hates Europe with a passion and should have campaigned to leave rather than abandon one of his life long principals just to keep the rewards and benefits of his job.

Yes would of got my respect also then. It’s why both proper left and proper right political figures from the extremes to Nigel Farage to George Galloway despise the EU. They hate eachother politics but have this in common. It’s a centralist government gravy train.

Users who are viewing this thread