Oh Jeremy Corbyn (4 Viewers)

clint van damme

The difference is that Corbyn is one step away from being the PM. And I don't trust any of them even when they don't have a dodgy past like Corbyn.

Corbyn is an election away from being PM, Boris is one coup d'etat.

Astute

to be honest, if they did decide to oust May I don't think he'd be in the frame anymore.
Realistically I don't think he ever has been. At best he is a lovable rogue. But to most just a twat. I wouldn't even trust him to look after my dogs. He makes May look a perfect PM.

Grendel

View attachment 9300

I wonder if this was photoshopped too?

Makes me laugh all those having a go at Corbyn seem to ignore stuff like 160K being paid to the Tories by an oligarch's wife to play tennis with him. Imagine if Corbyn had done that....

The main difference is Mr Corbyns convenient duplicity in how he views the expectations of the UK state.

In one breath (the conviction of Patrick Magee) he criticises a Justice system that proved his guilt - and got arrested for his troubles - while in a matter involving the Marxist Russian state he wants certain proof.

The problem Corbyn has is that he has an unfortunate habit of associating himself with rather unpleasant people.

He was extremely critical about the Falklands war. At the time the much maligned (but considerably more intellectual and principled) Michael Foot gave a passionate and patriotic support of the governments position. It’s what leaders do. Show unity and show solidarity on some occasions rather than go on another anti British tirade.

Corbyn s opposition to Iraq and Syria may be deemed correct but it’s only by serendipity as he opposes anything in foreign policy Britain ever does.

torchomatic

The problem Corbyn has is that he has an unfortunate habit of associating himself with rather unpleasant people.

So does Boris. The Conservative party.

Grendel

So does Boris. The Conservative party.

The Conservative party ceased to exist in all but name many years ago but let’s not bother going there.

Grendel

MP associated with unpleasant people shocker.

Associating yourself with Gerry Adams, Hamas, Khaled, the Lockerbie bombers, Kyasbar, Honderich and their are many more. I don’t thing any would me British prime Minister should consider any such people friends.

Each to their own.

skybluetony176

Associating yourself with Gerry Adams, Hamas, Khaled, the Lockerbie bombers, Kyasbar, Honderich and their are many more. I don’t thing any would me British prime Minister should consider any such people friends.

Each to their own.

Seems to be an occupational hazard for MP’s and indeed PM’s. Take the current one who’s allowed the DUP to influence No.10. That’s the DUP who has connections to terrorism and terrorist still active. Donations from dodgy Russians, Non Dom’s etc. Arm deals with dictators who then use them to do double tap bombings in Yemen, double tap bombings are outlawed by international conventions by the way because it sets out to hurt and kill those going to the aid of those injured in the first attack or deter people going to help them at all. Even though the people that go to help in Yemen tend to be doctors, nurses, paramedics etc and the majority of the people they go to help are unarmed innocents caught in the crossfire. Should I go on?

Grendel

Seems to be an occupational hazard for MP’s and indeed PM’s. Take the current one who’s allowed the DUP to influence No.10. That’s the DUP who has connections to terrorism and terrorist still active. Donations from dodgy Russians, Non Dom’s etc. Arm deals with dictators who then use them to do double tap bombings in Yemen, double tap bombings are outlawed by international conventions by the way because it sets out to hurt and kill those going to the aid of those injured in the first attack or deter people going to help them at all. Even though the people that go to help in Yemen tend to be doctors, nurses, paramedics etc and the majority of the people they go to help are unarmed innocents caught in the crossfire. Should I go on?

Please do Tony please do go on as it’s comedic gold.

Jeremy Corbyn associates himself with terrorist organisations that are anti British state. No other PM or would be PM ever has. My knowledge on British political history is infinitely superior to yours so please do.

Grendel

Mr Corbyn s supporters often use the argument that he was somehow discussing with Sinn Fein to enable a “peace in our time” arrangement to happen. Despite the fact there was zero attempts to claim that at the time there are some other issues that need addressing if this case is to be made.

1 why if Mr Corbyn was interested in peace did he only ever discuss with one side in the battle.

2 Why more significantly did Mr Corbyn never to my knowledge discuss peace proposals and potential solutions with Gerry Fitt and the SDLP? They sought solutions through the ballot box but Corbyn allied himself purely to one side and the paramilitary side at that

3 If for years he had been striving for a peaceful solution did he oppose the Anglo Irish agreement on the grounds that it was selling out the Irish people? Strange that he did that, it’s worth noting at this point that John McDonnell went one stage further and voted against the Good Friday agreement.

4 Given his recent quest for hard evidence and democracy why, when a member of an anarchic organisation, did Mr Corbyn receive a caution for protesting outside the old Bailey in defence of the murderer Patrick Magee declaring it a show trial for the British State (a state that pays him a substantial amount of money by the way) rather than allowing democracy and justice to take its cause.

5 why has he always described IRA murderers of innocent British civilians as prisoners of war?

Corbyn has an unfortunate habit of aligning himself to violent factions to the side he takes. The IRA, Hamas, Chavez - always.

I may even have had some acknowledgement for his stance over the Russia poisoning but for one thing.

Consider if that old traitor Kin Philby has still been alive and we wake up to find that he’s dead on a bench in Moscow. Putin declares the British have murderer him.

What would Mr Corbyn do? Would he demand that Putin provided evidence to support such a claim or would he demand that the British state answers the questions and scream for s public enquiry.

As an enemy of the state that pays him handsomely I know the answer.

Do you?

While we are at it this post was directed st you Tony. Can you answer the points please.

skybluetony176

Jeremy Corbyn associates himself with terrorist organisations that are anti British state. No other PM or would be PM ever has. My knowledge on British political history is infinitely superior to yours so please do.
Ahh I see. So long as their not anti British state (whatever that’s supposed to mean) the terrorist are OK then. So which terrorism groups are OK for a government to be associated with? Perhaps you can educate me from your infinitely superior knowledge of British political history.

wingy

See the Information commissioner has a warrant to go into Cambridge Analytica, trouble is Facebook are in there right now.

Ian1779

Ahh I see. So long as their not anti British state (whatever that’s supposed to mean) the terrorist are OK then. So which terrorism groups are OK for a government to be associated with? Perhaps you can educate me from your infinitely superior knowledge of British political history.

Just the ones that bankroll.

Grendel

Oh don’t you like people patronising you Tony? That’s a shame as you seem to revel in attempting to do it to others

The problem is your attempt is a bit like Cannon and Ball patronising Morecombe and Wise over their comedic ability.

skybluetony176

While we are at it this post was directed st you Tony. Can you answer the points please.

1) you assume that he only talked to one side. What you also fail to recognise is that in the troubles neither “side” would dare be seen talking to the other “side” publicly. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t happening though. Including the serving government talking to the IRA and Sinn Féin. The good Friday agreement didn’t happen overnight you know. It had been building behind closed doors to the point it became public.

2) All “sides” had some level of paramilitary connections. Surprised you didn’t know that with your superior knowledge.

3) Couldn’t say why he voted against the Anglo Irish agreement. Probably not for the reasons you say though simply because it’s you saying it. He did support the good Friday agreement though and that ultimately brought this period of peace. Don’t know why you’re lecturing anyone on not supporting either though given that you voted brexit. The biggest risk to both agreements during their history. Again with your superior knowledge I’m surprised that you don’t know this.

4) He was protesting for a fair trial not no trial as you insinuate. It was actually a group that were on trial not specifically Magee which is why protesters called it a show trial and that is what they were protesting about. The worry was that all on trial would be found guilty by association with Magee and therefore wouldn’t receive a fair trial. This had the potential to be a miscarriage of justice. Maybe you think that the troubles needed another Birmingham six, just to stoke the fires of hatred, bitterness and resentment some more. Again with your superior knowledge I’m surprised that you don’t know this.

5) Can’t day I’ve ever seen a quote directly from Corbyn calling them prisoners of war. Maybe with your superior knowledge you can find a link? If he did I wouldn’t agree with him. The only prisoners of war during the troubles was the majority of Northern Irish population who had nothing to do with terrorism and the fear of living with that.

skybluetony176

Oh don’t you like people patronising you Tony? That’s a shame as you seem to revel in attempting to do it to others

The problem is your attempt is a bit like Cannon and Ball patronising Morecombe and Wise over their comedic ability.

I wasn’t patronising you. I was basically quoting you. Ironically you then try to patronise me with some nonsense about comedians.

Brighton Sky Blue

Thatcher sided with Bin Laden and his band of merry jihadists when they were fighting the Soviets. Even gave them weapons which would be used against us in the 2000s.

Grendel

Thatcher sided with Bin Laden and his band of merry jihadists when they were fighting the Soviets. Even gave them weapons which would be used against us in the 2000s.

What she manufactured weapons and made them herself?

Incredible.

Also irrelevant and deflecting the point. I doubt she ever called mass murders who blew up innocent families eating a McDonald’s meal in Warrington prisoners of war.

Did she?

Brighton Sky Blue

What she manufactured weapons and made them herself?

Incredible.

Also irrelevant and deflecting the point. I doubt she ever called mass murders who blew up innocent families eating a McDonald’s meal in Warrington prisoners of war.

Did she?

Picking up on semantics to deflect from Maggie's support for the mujahideen, 'the hearts of the free world are with you', and soon so were money and materiel. Think we would agree these Islamists were in fact terrorists who had the support of a UK PM contrary to your original point. Like her puppet master Ronnie, any chance for the Soviets to get a bloody nose and abhorrent ideologies were overlooked. Though why look to the '80s, just over the past few years we've allied ourselves with 'moderate' rebels because they want rid of Assad, only for them to be cutting off heads.

I know you think foreign lives don't count though.

Grendel

Picking up on semantics to deflect from Maggie's support for the mujahideen, 'the hearts of the free world are with you', and soon so were money and materiel. Think we would agree these Islamists were in fact terrorists who had the support of a UK PM contrary to your original point. Like her puppet master Ronnie, any chance for the Soviets to get a bloody nose and abhorrent ideologies were overlooked. Though why look to the '80s, just over the past few years we've allied ourselves with 'moderate' rebels because they want rid of Assad, only for them to be cutting off heads.

How old were you in the 80’s out of interest?

Astute

Maggie was guilty of things. But there is a lot of deflection away from Labour.

You have Corbyn who was close to several terrorist groups. He didn't hold a position that meant it was what he ahould be doing. Then you have Tony Bliar. He could have a thread to himself.

skybluetony176

I watched a documentary about the Afghanistan Russia war and the yanks take on it was let’s give Russia their Vietnam. They didn’t care who they armed and trained and like you quite rightly point out we were part of that under Thatcher.

Sick Boy

Maggie was guilty of things. But there is a lot of deflection away from Labour.

You have Corbyn who was close to several terrorist groups. He didn't hold a position that meant it was what he ahould be doing. Then you have Tony Bliar. He could have a thread to himself.

The current government has got itself into a coalition with a party that is pretty popular itself with terrorist thugs. It makes their focus on JC and the IRA laughable.

Grendel

The current government has got itself into a coalition with a party that is pretty popular itself with terrorist thugs. It makes their focus on JC and the IRA laughable.

They haven’t and it doesn’t.

Grendel

Astute

Laughable if you want to defend him.

Users who are viewing this thread