Oh Jeremy Corbyn (4 Viewers)

chiefdave

yet you don't pass comment on the absolute whopper our new home secretary came out with Wednesday, aren't you bothered that Windrush has exposed the current and previous Home Secretary's as liars?
Not to mention
The Conservatives have blocked attempts to force the government to release internal documents relating to the Windrush scandal.
The House of Commons voted down the proposal after the Tories ordered their MPs to oppose it.
Sure they aren't trying to hide anything

wingy

She will go eventually.
Anyone with such poor judgment and lack of honour ,to initially deny the Commonwealth heads a meeting on the matter ,it will get her in the end .

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The Tory government are the worst we've had in ages.

The fact Labour can't wipe the floor with them given the open goal they have goes to show how little faith the general public have in them.

Politics is bloody poor, but I wish people would stop trying to defend their chosen party through everything.

clint van damme

The Tory government are the worst we've had in ages.

The fact Labour can't wipe the floor with them given the open goal they have goes to show how little faith the general public have in them.

Politics is bloody poor, but I wish people would stop trying to defend their chosen party through everything.

who's doing that?

Captain Dart

clint van damme

Your party just lifted a racist councillors suspension so you could take control of a council.

that doesn't count. The tories have created a hierarchy of prejudice. Anti-Semitism is at the top and far out weighs racism or Islamaphobia.
In truth, most of them don't care about anti-Semitism, they're weaponising it for their own gains.

edit: to be fair, there are certain factions of the Labour party doing exactly the same thing.

rob9872

Your party just lifted a racist councillors suspension so you could take control of a council.

James Cleverly

Labour’s hypocrisy over Cllr Rosemary Carrol in Pendle is breathtaking. Until the election last week, Pendle Labour was propped up & supported by the BNP, I don’t remember the wave of outrage from Labour about that. Mrs Carrol was suspended last year when she posted a completely unacceptable post on Facebook, for which she apologised. There had been no history if inappropriate behaviour or racism in Mrs Carroll’s past, a point confirmed by Deputy Leader Cllr Nadeem Ahmed. Mrs Carrol attended diversity trading, has apologised for her actions, and has received a period of suspension. This local action seem appropriate, the party chairman will review it to see that it was. Will those in Labour demanding that Mrs Carrol be expelled from the Conservative party please explain why actions taken by Pendle Conservatives which mirror those taken by Labour in respect to Naz Shah MP are not enough or is this simply a case of Labour desperately trying to divert attention from their underperformance in the local government elections and ongoing failure to deal with anti-semitism in their own party?

clint van damme

James Cleverly
Labour’s hypocrisy over Cllr Rosemary Carrol in Pendle is breathtaking. Until the election last week, Pendle Labour was propped up & supported by the BNP, I don’t remember the wave of outrage from Labour about that. Mrs Carrol was suspended last year when she posted a completely unacceptable post on Facebook, for which she apologised. There had been no history if inappropriate behaviour or racism in Mrs Carroll’s past, a point confirmed by Deputy Leader Cllr Nadeem Ahmed. Mrs Carrol attended diversity trading, has apologised for her actions, and has received a period of suspension. This local action seem appropriate, the party chairman will review it to see that it was. Will those in Labour demanding that Mrs Carrol be expelled from the Conservative party please explain why actions taken by Pendle Conservatives which mirror those taken by Labour in respect to Naz Shah MP are not enough or is this simply a case of Labour desperately trying to divert attention from their underperformance in the local government elections and ongoing failure to deal with anti-semitism in their own party?

just look at the AECR which the tories are members of. Some members of which are highly antiemetic including the fella who just got re-elected in Hungary who they were falling over themselves to congratulate. They are weaponising anti-Semitism, many of them, (not all of them), couldn't care less about it.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

just look at the AECR which the tories are members of. Some members of which are highly antiemetic including the fella who just got re-elected in Hungary who they were falling over themselves to congratulate. They are weaponising anti-Semitism, many of them, (not all of them), couldn't care less about it.

What about Rob's point though?

clint van damme

What about Rob's point though?

Naz Shahs suspension ended, (you can argue the rights and wrongs of that), she wasn't cynically reinstated to win a local election. From what I've read, and I don't know much about it, the BNP councillor was elected by the electorate of Pendle and declared they would work with Labour and the Lib dems but refused to work with the tories, I don't know why that was. Maybe he found them too right wing?!!

Not one tory supporter on here has admitted the party has a problem with racism yet they bang the drum about anti-Semitism and ignore the Tories links with anti-Semitic right wing partys, wouldn't you say that's hypocritical?

skybluetony176

So we’ve established that the Tories are as big a hypocrites as Labour. No surprise there then and no political gain for either so it’s not even worth debating really. However...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Naz Shahs suspension ended, (you can argue the rights and wrongs of that), she wasn't cynically reinstated to win a local election. From what I've read, and I don't know much about it, the BNP councillor was elected by the electorate of Pendle and declared they would work with Labour and the Lib dems but refused to work with the tories, I don't know why that was. Maybe he found them too right wing?!!

Not one tory supporter on here has admitted the party has a problem with racism yet they bang the drum about anti-Semitism and ignore the Tories links with anti-Semitic right wing partys, wouldn't you say that's hypocritical?

Yeah, of course I think it is hypocritical.

What I don't get is why people can only see one side of the argument and then defend it through to the death.

In the situations above both are wrong, but it seems as if one side can only fight for one corner and the same vice versa.

clint van damme

Yeah, of course I think it is hypocritical.

What I don't get is why people can only see one side of the argument and then defend it through to the death.

In the situations above both are wrong, but it seems as if one side can only fight for one corner and the same vice versa.

I've said Labour has a problem with anti-Semitism. Some people can't make a legitimate criticism of Israel without using derogatory language towards Jewish people.
I don't think Corbyn is anti-Semitic though.

But I also think it's dangerous when the Jewish board of directors want Labour to enshrine exactly what anti-Semitism is and include criticism of Israel in that definition. If you can't criticise a state for shooting unarmed children you're on a very dangerous path.

Grendel

I've said Labour has a problem with anti-Semitism. Some people can't make a legitimate criticism of Israel without using derogatory language towards Jewish people.
I don't think Corbyn is anti-Semitic though.

But I also think it's dangerous when the Jewish board of directors want Labour to enshrine exactly what anti-Semitism is and include criticism of Israel in that definition. If you can't criticise a state for shooting unarmed children you're on a very dangerous path.

Most comments made by labour members regarding anti Jewish feelings have nothing to do with Israel.

Ken Livingstone was in his GLC day’s suggesting Jews held the power in the party and had the money to control and influence decisions and should be removed.

Labours problem with the Jewish community is to do with their perception of them as wealth powebrokers

clint van damme

Most comments made by labour members regarding anti Jewish feelings have nothing to do with Israel.

Ken Livingstone was in his GLC day’s suggesting Jews held the power in the party and had the money to control and influence decisions and should be removed.

Labours problem with the Jewish community is to do with their perception of them as wealth powebrokers

well it's still anti-Semitism, I still have no time for it, I still don't think Corbyn is an anti-Semite and you still can't bring yourself to admit the tories have a problem.

Funnily enough, the sort of remarks you're talking about are exactly the sort of thing Viktor Orban comes out with.

Grendel

Wasn’t the GLC scrapped over 30 years ago?

Exactly - he’s been an anti Semite spouting offensive comments for over 30 years and is still there.

rob9872

Like many I suspect, I'm reasonably uninformed when it comes to matters about Israel, but I fail to understand why any moderately thinking human, particularly one who holds public office and/or wants to be elected to represent a community, would use any kind of divisive language that could be deemed offensive by others. The country already has enough problems to iron out that directly affect most of us and where the energy should be concentrated.

Grendel

Why was he on Sky News this weekend complaining about his indefinite suspension?

You can’t have an indefinite suspension. That’s a contradiction. You are either banned or not. He’s not banned and like a lot of other racist labour members his suspension will be lifted. He’s not according to Corbyn been indefinitely suspended so unless Jeremy is a liar....

Grendel

And a new administrative suspension began the next day pending an internal investigation into new complaints.

How many complaints before he is removed? It’s more evidence of how racist Corbyn and his cronies are

clint van damme

Grendel

no it's not. You're talking nonsense. Corbyn has years of history of fighting racism. You may have a point about the suspension, perhaps better just to get rid of Livingstone but that doesn't make Corbyn a racist.

Do you think boris is a racist for congratulating Viktor Orban

Orban blamed all of Hungary's problems on a Jew – and won, big time

Some believe Corbyn and Orban have a similar ideology

In Hungary, the exploitation of a mythical enemy is poisoning politics | Nick Cohen

clint van damme

I think it’s a fair comparison

I don't agree. But you still won't answer whether you think the tory party has a problem with racism, (including antisemitism), and whether Boris is a racist/antisemite for his gushing praise of Orban, (and remember, there are actually more extreme member of the AECR.)

Users who are viewing this thread