O'Hare is a Burden on the Team (3 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So if I have this right - O’Hare is now a liability because after weaving through two or three defenders out of nowhere, he didn’t subsequently score the goal of the season?

It was an easy chance to miss after an incredible piece of skill - do people really get that upset by it?
He did well over all and yes, most players wouldn't have got themselves into that position to get the chance, but once he has he has to score from there. it's literally a sidefoot pass into the corner. You don't have to be a great shot to score that. He just loses all composure when given the chance to shoot.

Frostie

I also point out people try their hardest for random stats, he is joint 3rd in assists now with the most minutes played?

Hamer has got the same assists in 2 games as OHare has all season.

Now assists really is a bollocks stat.

Brighton Sky Blue

100%. His finishing is very very poor, not seen anybody argue otherwise & it definitely leads to frustration. Just pointing out that chance in isolation isn't the sitter it's being made out to be.

I have noticed he is shooting with more power now in general, the shots have just been blocked unfortunately for him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For what it's worth, the xG of that chance is around 0.13 i.e. scored 13% of the time.
I'm assuming that's including getting into the position to score. If you're looking solely at it from the shooting position, those should be scored more often than not.

pusbccfc

Once again, he was excellent tonight. Like everyone, I was disappointed after he took on half of Bristol and didn't finish.

Stats aren't kind to him, his finishing isn't strong but everything else it's just fantastic. On the turn he is a special player to watch.

He and Hamer together are fantastic and having Maatsen running in behind and possibly getting the goals from midfield, we could have an exciting end to the season.

pusbccfc

I also point out people try their hardest for random stats, he is joint 3rd in assists now with the most minutes played?

Hamer has got the same assists in 2 games as OHare has all season.

Probably because the two chances Hamer created tonight we're put away.

O'Hare should have had 4 assists in the last 3 weeks but Gyökeres and Hamer missed easier chances.

Frostie

I'm assuming that's including getting into the position to score. If you're looking solely at it from the shooting position, those should be scored more often than not.

Nope, just the shot but usually taking into account:
  • Distance to the goal
  • Angle to the goal
  • Keeper/defender position (not all models)
  • With the feet or was it a header?
  • Passage of play (e.g. open play, set piece, counter-attack)
  • Has the player just beaten an opponent? (Off balance etc.)
As I say, as with most chances really, what fans deem to be "sitters" statistically rarely are.

Grendel

If we replaced O’Hare with an average League 1 CAM in terms of goal contributions, we’d be comfortably top 6, maybe even automatics. I am certain of that.

The amount of people on here that cannot see it is really quite worrying.

someone like Jamie alien?

SheafIsGod

Everyone agreeing with Grendel’s opinion on O’Hare. This is the same Grendel who never rated Maddison when he was with us and said he’d never play above League 1 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fernandopartridge

If we replaced O’Hare with an average League 1 CAM in terms of goal contributions, we’d be comfortably top 6, maybe even automatics. I am certain of that.

Yes, and the chances would just land on this player's feet

Finham

If we replaced O'Hare with an average L1 (or even Champ) CAM with attributes for everything else other than goal contributions, we'd be in the relegation zone.

Liquid Gold

His one goal this season was Bristol at home and he put his laces through it.

He always seems to try and pass it in. If I was a coach I'd just be trying to get him to put his laces through it more often.

Londonccfcfan

I'd differ and say we wouldnt be top 10 without Ohare. He brings us things that are 2nd to none .

SkyBlueMatt

If only he had put that chance away after jinxing past 2/3 players. It would have been an absolute beautiful goal.

Its crazy how good he is but just can't put them away.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bugsy

he is going to score the winner in the playoff final..... written in the stars

........PUSB

clint van damme

Even if you use the still that Nick posted which is misleading in itself, he has almost none of the goal to aim at. Yes he could (should) have struck it far better than he did but it's not a sitter by any means.

Realistically he has about a balls diameter (blue line) inside the post to hit, even then Bentley might get a finger to it.

View attachment 23916

There were certain posters saying the other week he doesn't create enough chances, when I listed some I was told they weren't sitters yet they were all as easy as that chance last night!

The eagerness to discredit him by some is embarrassing.

harvey098

It’s such a tricky one because he offers so much but how long can an AM get away without really scoring or assisting. It’s not as though he doesn’t get into those positions either, he probably should’ve scored about an extra 5 from the chances he’s had this season…. BUT take him out the team and there is a big something missing. There’s a reason he’s played in every league game bar one in three seasons (incredible stat when you consider he’s also the most fouled player in the league).

larry_david

Clearly O hare is not a burden on the team. He's a key, crucial cog to the team and it's evident now we have to accept the fact he won't add goals in numbers. But what he does add is everything else. His assists should be higher but that's not his fault players have missed, as Frostie or someone above said, the assists stat is a load of tosh.

The frustration was last night at 0-1 with our backs against the wall, he cares out a quality opportunity to put the game to bed, carves it out with his own endeavour, trickery, skill and quality and then seems to fluff the easy part! A few mins later it's 1-1 and we're on the ropes. That is my frustration only. Nothing more, nothing less.

Grendel

Everyone agreeing with Grendel’s opinion on O’Hare. This is the same Grendel who never rated Maddison when he was with us and said he’d never play above League 1 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Liking your own posts now?

letsallsingtogether

After every match a player gets a kicking on here , every single match , win lose or draw .. have a day off
By posters who would have scored hat tricks every week, and would never let a player past them.

Grendel

He has to score from the position he shot in, simple as that. Nobodies disputing he did well in getting into a shooting position, but the shot was pitiful.

Wasn’t it rated as a .13 scoring opportunity?

Seb

A lot of chances I think O'hare should bury them and then see the highlights and you realise it wasnt as easy shot as I first thought. He'll be frustrated himself as much as the posters on here...

Users who are viewing this thread