O'Hare (2 Viewers)

EalingSB

I’ve been in physio all year recovering from an ACL op in Jan (hamstring graft and both meniscus needed stitching) followed by a second op in June to remove scar tissue. My first physio said Memphis Depay had had a brilliant recovery - back playing in seven months - so there is hope. More info available here:

Lyon women’s player Ellie Carpenter has also recovered well and worth a follow on Instagram if you’re interested in the recovery process.

Nick

Administrator
Said when it happened it was his ACL.

How many ACL injuries do we get compared to other teams?

slowpoke

Huge blow for us. He is absolutely key to how we play. Palmer is a reasonable replacement, but tbf we will need someone else besides. I fear we will lose Gyokeres in January so I hope Mr King has a fat cheque book at the ready and we have identified a couple of good players. Playoff ambitions look very tough at this point although the league is wide open apart from the top 2.
Mark Robins says Gyokeres is going nowhere.
Why do our play-off ambitions look tough win our game in hand we are sixth.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I’ve been in physio all year recovering from an ACL op in Jan (hamstring graft and both meniscus needed stitching) followed by a second op in June to remove scar tissue. My first physio said Memphis Depay had had a brilliant recovery - back playing in seven months - so there is hope. More info available here:

Lyon women’s player Ellie Carpenter has also recovered well and worth a follow on Instagram if you’re interested in the recovery process.

How does your knee feel now?

skyblue025

If we get a bid acceptable to SISU or King and Vic wants to go he will go. The only question is how much will MR get to spend.

clint van damme

Our squad is paper thin, as it perennially seems to be.
We've got 1 fit striker plus a has been and a rookie.
I can't see anyway we can make the play offs without investment and I remain sceptical about the take over.
The 3 points off the play off point is a bit misleading as the league is incredibly congested with only a few points separating several teams.

SkyBlueSam01

It's true that you definitely can return successfully in less than 9 months and they do it a lot on the continent.

But the outcomes are markedly worse if you try to come back in less that 9 months unfortunately and that will play a big role in his return to play timeframe 😔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221231_111347_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20221231_111347_Brave.jpg
    737.6 KB · Views: 42

steve cooper

We could be looking at a time frame of around 6 months to the end of his contract once he returns. Need to get him signed up for at least another year if possible.

skyblue025

We could be looking at a time frame of around 6 months to the end of his contract once he returns. Need to get him signed up for at least another year if possible.
Then you take the risk he comes back not the same player or injury prone or worse case both. Probably worth the risk though.

better days

Surgery been done it looks like according to his Instagram. @better days you're normally quite close to these things. Seems a long wait that for the op. All gone as hoped?
The time between injury and operation depends on the extent of damage and amount of swelling. Whether the meniscuses were also damaged is another factor
I believe we've been extremely cautious with Cam to give the best chance of success
He will now need time for his rehab but hopefully all will go well. But it's a long arduous process

Offhegoes

Hopefully Callum can be back training by July / August during pre-season, and introduced slowly by September to games. He seems a tough nut, and mentally strong.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Surgery been done it looks like according to his Instagram. @better days you're normally quite close to these things. Seems a long wait that for the op. All gone as hoped?

Has it been confirmed he done his ACL?

EalingSB

A short note on ACL. I wrecked mine (completely disappeared) and did both menisci playing football on a campsite in France. I had scar tissue and a second operation. Today, 14 months and a shit load of work later, I’ve been signed off by my surgeon and can return to playing. Whether I do I don’t know as I’m 50 soon but it’s great to be told I can. Callum will be in great hands and hopefully we’ll see him back around the international break in October. Sorry for personal story - had a few drinks celebrating!

Last edited:

sotvtoday

A short note on ACL. I wrecked mine (completely disappeared) and did both menisci playing football on a campsite in France. I had scar tissue and a second operation. Today, 14 months and a shit load of work later, I’ve been signed off by my surgeon and can return to playing. Whether I do I don’t know as I’m 50 soon but it’s great to be told I can. Callum will be in great hands and hopefully we’ll see him back around the international break in October. Sorry for personal story - had a few drinks celebrating!
Great news for you. Must have been a long hard road. 50 is the new 30 apparently!

Fergusons_Beard

Snapped mine in my 20’s and still playing in my 50’s now (albeit 5 a side).

Same bloke who operated on Michael Owen repaired mine too.

Been fine ever since.

Good luck with it Ealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

slowpoke

Don’t think the actual operation is the most difficult and many are fine afterwards it’s the recovery and reputation that’s important & not trying to rush back the fact three months of his recovery is the close season might be a blessing he can do his fitness without matches and ball work but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s “on the grass” & I don’t mean smoking it, August he’s a natural fit lad, just needs to be careful and patient & that’s probably the hardest part.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Snapped mine in my 20’s and still playing in my 50’s now (albeit 5 a side).

Same bloke who operated on Michael Owen repaired mine too.

Been fine ever since.

Good luck with it Ealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Snapped my ACL in my 20's too, just got told to stop playing football ⚽. I suppose it's wrong place wrong time, that's what happened back then, it ended the Career of many a footballer.

Users who are viewing this thread