ok after that interview i want carsley to get job till end of season (1 Viewer)

Astute

We had a manager that had us playing well at home to Crewe. We lost 3-0. We had a manager that didn't have us playing good football away against Crewe. We won 2-0. I know what I would prefer.

To me it is a bit late for someone to come in and change things to play their way. If we lost a couple of games whilst they got their way of playing over our season would be about over. We supposedly have a squad that are together as a unit. They are playing for each other. Keep Carsley until the end of the season. See what happens. Sort the crap out during the closed season.

skybluesteve76

We've gone back to shitty hoof ball! The standard of football last night was shocking. I'd also have to question his bench?!
Saying all that tho, two games,two away wins,two clean sheets! Weird one.

Diehard Si

We've gone back to shitty hoof ball! The standard of football last night was shocking. I'd also have to question his bench?!
Saying all that tho, two games,two away wins,two clean sheets! Weird one.

That's the players just pulling though who are better than the average league 1 opposition they have faced.

If Carsley himself says he's not ready then he's already undermined himself.

torchomatic

Exactly. Robins had a three year one, which was a good state of intent from the Club at the time.

Contracts mean nothing though do they? Take your point but regrettably Adkins is probably headed for higher ground?

Last edited:

covcity4life

I would definitely make a decision based on someone saying the right things to the press

im not saying sisu should make the decision based on a interview

i am saying i was already leaning towards stability/familiarity and that interview convinced me personally

PVA

I'd give it Carsley till the end of the season tbh.

Especially if he wins again on Saturday.

covcity4life

yeh if he wins at home its another reason to give it him!

he made a note about noticing some players get nervous so he might hold key to sorting ricoh form out

Otis

What we need to do is not not make a hasty decision.

Happy for Carsley to remain until we sort it out, but he said himself he isn't ready to become a manager.

It's a tricky one cos we don't want to blow any chance we might have of making the play-offs do we.

I would say, if the right man is out there now get him in. If not and there's some degree of doubt or a list needs whittling down, leave Carsley in charge for now.

It might prove our downfall dithering, but we need to get it right if we can.

Another option is get some older wiser head in to help just til the end of the season. Someone like Snozz or even Gould, just as advisors and helpers.

If Carsley isn't ready he needs help.

stupot07

What we need to do is not not make a hasty decision.

Happy for Carsley to remain until we sort it out, but he said himself he isn't ready to become a manager.

It's a tricky one cos we don't want to blow any chance we might have of making the play-offs do we.

I would say, if the right man is out there now get him in. If not and there's some degree of doubt or a list needs whittling down, leave Carsley in charge for now.

It might prove our downfall dithering, but we need to get it right if we can.

Another option is get some older wiser head in to help just til the end of the season. Someone like Snozz or even Gould, just as advisors and helpers.

If Carsley isn't ready he needs help.

Completely agree. We need the right appointment not just any appointment.

Anyone who thinks Carsley is the man for the job was not at Crewe last night. OK we won 2-0, but the football was a complete Aidy Boothroyd copy, dont think the ball actually touched the pitch.

We have done well this season through midfield and now we are just missing them out. Not good enough tactically.

la-ccfc

Anyone who thinks Carsley is the man for the job was not at Crewe last night. OK we won 2-0, but the football was a complete Aidy Boothroyd copy, dont think the ball actually touched the pitch.

We have done well this season through midfield and now we are just missing them out. Not good enough tactically.

So how would you have played last night, considering they had pretty much everyone behind the ball?

J

Jack Griffin

I was told Di Canio was also at the Game, and that was from "Nigel" , he wouldn't give a source when pressed, so guessing it's not true

Makes sense if he goes back to Swindon a has been mooted cause we play them soon.

skybluesteve76

So if we won every game like that from now until the end of the season, winning the league in the process, you'd be unhappy? Think about it. Two away games, two away wins, two clean sheets.

Tonylinc

Horses for courses mate. We had a 3 goal deficit to overturn and Carsley clearly thought that in order to do that then the team had to be set up a certain way. Lets be honest he nearly did it as well! Saturday will be different.

Tonylinc

Also as someone has already said, it is far too late in the season for another Manager to come in and get to grips with the players. For that reason I also believe that Carsley is the best option at the moment.

Mucca Mad Boys

See how we get on Saturday, if we do well, let him go on for a week or 2 longer, if he does well, give it to him for the end of the season and if he does well then, give it him on a permanent basis, there's no one out there I'd be inspired if we got them as manager, well, anyone who's realistic anyway...

Mucca Mad Boys

Agreed, wrong tactics deployed, HOWEVER, v Bury, we played thought midfield (ish) but v Crewe, I think we got desperate so played directly, we'll see Saturday and I FULLY expect us to play 4-5-1 on Saturday, Elliott wasn't good enough, Fleck came on and did well, hopefully Moussa is back, lets go for it!

giveusagoal

In the first leg we murdered them down the flanks - they was ready for that this time so a change in tactics was needed.

dongonzalos

See how we get on Saturday, if we do well, let him go on for a week or 2 longer, if he does well, give it to him for the end of the season and if he does well then, give it him on a permanent basis, there's no one out there I'd be inspired if we got them as manager, well, anyone who's realistic anyway...

Sounds ok.

In all honesty though were you inspired by Robin's name when he was on that previous big list.

Just hope it is someone who justo riveted the team and does not rock the boat too much.

This squad should be in the top six

Mucca Mad Boys

Sounds ok.

In all honesty though were you inspired by Robin's name when he was on that previous big list.

Just hope it is someone who justo riveted the team and does not rock the boat too much.

This squad should be in the top six

I thought it was a good appointment, however, I thought; Thorn, Reid, Dowie, Coleman, Adams and McAllister would've been good appointments (because I was young I suppose), and the only manager I wasn't happy about was Boothroyd.

I think the squad ATM is good enough for top 6 easily.

dongonzalos

I thought it was a good appointment, however, I thought; Thorn, Reid, Dowie, Coleman, Adams and McAllister would've been good appointments (because I was young I suppose), and the only manager I wasn't happy about was Boothroyd.

I agreed with all of those appointments bar Reid.
It's funny how it pans out.

Otis

Funny that. I was opposed to Reid and to Adams and Coleman and Thorn. Was okay about Dowie and Boothroyd.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread