Oldham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

M&B Stand

Goal difference always give you a good guide as to where a team should be in the table. As has been said good progress this season but the biggest problem will be finding another 20 goals a season striker. Without that its mid table again or worse.

Where you finish is a better guide.

Hobo

Get used to it as he's signing next season. That'll shift a few season tickets - return of the prodigal non entity.

You must be gutted that Bigi had a good game today.

covcity4life

Think it speaks volumes that media and TM say Bigi was good today yet if you only read this thread one would think he was terrible

Suffers from.maf syndrome. When shit everyone goes crazy when good people still say he's playing badly or just don't post

fernandopartridge

Bulgarian looked good when he came on. We'll miss Armstrong and Murphy, Murphy was excellent when he came on. Thought Bigi was poor first half, better second. Thomas good in spells. Harries very assured.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Think it speaks volumes that media and TM say Bigi was good today yet if you only read this thread one would think he was terrible

Suffers from.maf syndrome. When shit everyone goes crazy when good people still say he's playing badly or just don't post

Can't deny (unless you weren't there to see them of course) that early on he looked his usual vulnerable self. Not clearing a corner when he should almost cost us.

But after that, it's clear on this thread (apart from posters who have a genuine dislike for the kid) that he did get better. Played some good passes and timed them well, tracked back well. When he doesn't dilly dally, he can pick a pass. Just goes a bit rabbit-in-headlights when he has an opponent coming at him.

Seemed to love the crowd at the end and they loved him back making the effort to walk the lefty of the stand to high five people.

Not saying he's as good as Ghadzev, but he did well :D

stupot07

Fair play to the lad for having a good game. He needs to do it consistently fkr 7-8 games out of every 10 like Vincelot and Fleck before my opinion changes on him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

<snip>. But the glass is half full and we are in a strong position to take it on next season. Can't see many being better than us next season. <snip>

I don't get your logic. How are we in a 'strong position'? We don't even know what our team will be next season. It may not be as good as this season's team. We know we will be missing our top scorer, and 20-goal a season strikers don't grow on trees.

Gazolba

Goal difference always give you a good guide as to where a team should be in the table. <snip>

Not really. Our GD was largely the result of just 2 games, 5-0 and 6-0 wins, otherwise it would have been mediocre.

The Lurker

Just got back. How annoying watching us win thinking if only. Next season is massive now. We've got the foundations in place. Bulgarian fella looked decent. Along with a few good signings and loans were in good stead. I'll give mowbary another season to finish what he's started. PUSB

covcity4life

Thanks k god for euros to plug gap. I wanna see cov signing new players right away and friendlies starting lol

I should have booked my.holiday in July to further take my mind off Boeing period. Instead I'm going in august and missing 2 weeks of the season! Arghh

Users who are viewing this thread