Olly Norwood top of Andy Thorn's Wish list (1 Viewer)

SkyBluegilby

Hi - If a player has been released do you still have to pay the development fee?

All im thinking is 100s of young players must be released each year in the hope of finding a new club sure this would create a massive obstacle?

I thought it was only a fee if the club took it to tribunal?

torchomatic

skybluelee

Seriously people, get your head out of the clouds/sand/whether it shoved, this will not happen in a million years. He's much too good for League 1.

Gray

Seriously people, get your head out of the clouds/sand/whether it shoved, this will not happen in a million years. He's much too good for League 1.

its ok its only for one season, next year we'll be fighting for a place in the premiership:eek:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
so young talented ambitious man utd international player on decent wages and eager to play at highest level ..... opts for third division, struggling, financially cash strapped club where wages are being slashed and with little ambition or backing ......... absolutely can see it happening :facepalm:

we need quality yes but we also need numbers too......... spend a substantial chunk on a player like Norwood and we lose the ability to gain in numbers of players.

Still we do need to sell season tickets dont we :thinking about:

Last edited:

WillieStanley

United offered a contract and Norwood turned it down. I don't think that United would be too harsh of the fee. He is a fantastic player and a signing of that calibre would give the likes of Cranie and Keogh faith in the club. It may give potential signings and a few disillusioned fans a bit more faith too!!

Grendel

Sadly we won't sign him. If we did it would take 5 seconds for someone on here to say we only did it to flog him before August at a profit.

ccfc_Tom

Agree with the point about man utd probs settling for minimal fee. Lets just hope he absolutely loved his time here and wants to come back.

Gaz

so young talented ambitious man utd international player on decent wages and eager to play at highest level ..... opts for third division, struggling, financially cash strapped club where wages are being slashed and with little ambition or backing ......... absolutely can see it happening :facepalm:

:

The one flaw in that is the fact he chose to leave an ambitious club who pay decent wages and are full of international players who play at the highest level possible and have more money than most teams.

Point being that Olly left Man U, so he could play week in week out at a club like he did here at cov.

First team football is what's important for him.
If it was money, and a team full of internationals that he wanted, then he would have stayed at Manchester.

Astute

If a player 24 or under was under contract and got offered another one of similar or better then compo is due. If the player is offered a new contract on lower pay then compo not due.

This would be when we find out if SISU have learned their lesson last season. We need a bit of investment. This would pay for itself in extra tickets sold alone. Maybe we would have to sell a player to raise funds for any compo for Norwood if there was any chance of getting him. Whoever gets him will make a profit as long as he is not allowed to leave for free. With him being young you would have him for years for this to happen.

The odds are against him coming to us. But why does he want to leave what is about the biggest club in the world? They want to keep him. The lad wants to play. He knows he would play every game if he joined us. He knows the boss. He knows the players. He knows the club (not sure if this is a good point) He has his whole career ahead of him. Would he look at being with us as 1 year in Div3?

Who would be happy to lose Keogh if part of any fee for him was to pay for Ollie to come to us?

Paxman II

It's ambitious from Thorn and I sense he would not be saying this unless the lad had agreed he would consider it.....?

Astute

Most players in Div4 get more than £700 a week

Grendel

Most players in Div4 get more than £700 a week

The average quoted is around £1,500 in League one and two and you suspect he would be asking for less than David Bell and possibly Carl Baker gets - and there lies a whole different issue.

ccfcway

Who would be happy to lose Keogh if part of any fee for him was to pay for Ollie to come to us?

Not me, I didnt want to lose turner for cody and I wouldn't want to lose Keogh for norwood

Keep keogh, and a defense of

Hussey.....wood....keogh....clarke

Would be about the best in the league

Grendel

Astute;208875 Who would be happy to lose Keogh if part of any fee for him was to pay for Ollie to come to us?[/QUOTE said:
Good question and I would.

RegTheDonk

Regardless of Norwood, I look forward to us actually signing ANYBODY. Just because the clowns have actually put in the books doesn't mean they're going to spend any money.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The one flaw in that is the fact he chose to leave an ambitious club who pay decent wages and are full of international players who play at the highest level possible and have more money than most teams.

Point being that Olly left Man U, so he could play week in week out at a club like he did here at cov.

First team football is what's important for him.
If it was money, and a team full of internationals that he wanted, then he would have stayed at Manchester.

never said it was purely the money or about playing with internationals - this and life is never than simple........... but few would argue his true worth is not more than we can afford to pay ...... but given his obvious talent and ambition he knows he is better than league 1 and there will be Championship teams interested. He needs to push on with his career, he needs to improve his chances as an international, he needs at his age to playing at a higher level than League 1 if he is going to be the player he thinks he is. Yes he wants regular football but surely he wants it at a higher level than League 1 - it isnt just about who he is playing with it is very much about who he is playing against. If he hasnt the ambition and drive to play at Championship or above then that would be a flaw in his makeup that I didnt see last season

Users who are viewing this thread