One last chance (1 Viewer)

hitmanhearns

Football league meeting on monday to discuss the bid.....last chance.

enquiries@football-league.co.uk

Fell in love with your club in ´87, born in sweden,been to coventry twice got to see them once vs bradford 4-0 win at HR best day of my life, we ´re gonna try to send as many mails as possible from the scandinavian supporters club.

Last edited:

simple_simon

Football league meeting on monday to discuss the bid.....last chance.

enquiries@football-league.co.uk

Fell in love with your club in ´87, born in sweden,been to coventry twice got to see them once vs bradford 4-0 win at HR best day of my life, we ´re gonna try to send as many mails as possible from the scandinavian supporters club.

Fair play to you, we met a couple of tour club this year at the Walsall game

hitmanhearns

:whistle:
Excellent well done mate - that is true support...what made you fall in love with Coventry, and how do your friends react to you when you tell them...are Coventry well known over there?:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

Yes Coventry city are very well known in Sweden and the rest of scandinavia, in 1969 swedish tv started broadcasting saturday matches exclusively from the midlands so alot of fans of the sky blues.
In 1972 they started broadcasting matches from the whole old first division.I remember i loved the old half moon roof structure of one of the terraces at Highfield Road that I saw on tv in around 1985 ...then I saw the semifinal vs Leeds on tv in ´87, was eleven at the time-hooked ever since!!
There used to be a scandinavian skyblue fanzine, run by fans in norway, that came out 4 times a year pre-internet, that was the only contact u could have with the club apart from ordering brochures to buy scarves etc. which took about 6 months too get- u remember the stoneage!
The oddest place I´ve seen the skyblue colors are a pennant in a mountain cabin in northern Laponia.

What my friends say? Well they don´t seem very surprised at anything that goes on in this club these days, it´s been a downward spiral for over 10 yrs, frustrating when people take pity on you....

Heres the webpage again: http://www.svenskafans.com/england/coventry/

You have the history of the club,the city and the stadiums in the left column....all in swedish though:whistle:

Last edited:

WillieStanley

Yes Coventry city are very well known in Sweden and the rest of scandinavia, in 1969 swedish tv started broadcasting saturday matches exclusively from the midlands so alot of fans of the sky blues.
In 1972 they started broadcasting matches from the whole old first division.I remember i loved the old half moon roof structure of one of the terraces at Highfield Road that I saw on tv in around 1985 ...then I saw the semifinal vs Leeds on tv in ´87, was eleven at the time-hooked ever since!!
The oddest place I´ve seen the skyblue colors are a pennant in a mountain cabin in northern Laponia.

What my friends say? Well they don´t seem very surprised at anything that goes on in this club these days, it´s been a downward spiral for over 10 yrs, frustrating when people take pity on you....

I assume Hedman and Nilsson increased the clubs profile over there as well?

CovisGod

Yeah Hedman was like a celebrity over there wasn't he ? I remember reading in the papers at the time how much he was loved by everyone back home

RegTheDonk

@hitmanhearns

Absolutely fair play to you old son. The few occasions I've been abroad the only locals who seem to support English teams follow Man U, Arse and the like. So its lovely to hear of people living so far away who are Sky Blues Fans. And I thought my brother in law was fairly unique, a City fan born and bread in the black country.

Like the web site. I assume its run by a "Rivals.net" type company and you look after updating the Coventry pages and moderating its forum? Do you have fallings out with your version of the Leicester and Villa mob? :D

Any chance of talking ABBA into buying the City?

hitmanhearns

I assume Hedman and Nilsson increased the clubs profile over there as well?

For the younger generations yes, never liked Hedman much, always thought Antonelius (who changed his name to Gustafsson while in cov) would make an impact in cov as he played well in the national team but only Nilsson could really cut it.

Last edited:

hitmanhearns

Yeah Hedman was like a celebrity over there wasn't he ? I remember reading in the papers at the time how much he was loved by everyone back home

Well "loved" is a strong word- he was married to a famous model, actually they were twin glamour models and he was married to one of them so he got a lot of press back then not always for footballing reasons though-i remember him sticking up for Cov on national tv though, in an interview when we were relegated saying we would still sweep the swedish top league!

Married to the one to the left:
Magdalena-Hannah-Graaf-04.jpg

Last edited:

hitmanhearns

@hitmanhearns

Absolutely fair play to you old son. The few occasions I've been abroad the only locals who seem to support English teams follow Man U, Arse and the like. So its lovely to hear of people living so far away who are Sky Blues Fans. And I thought my brother in law was fairly unique, a City fan born and bread in the black country.

Like the web site. I assume its run by a "Rivals.net" type company and you look after updating the Coventry pages and moderating its forum? Do you have fallings out with your version of the Leicester and Villa mob? :D

Any chance of talking ABBA into buying the City?

Thanx, there is always some banter between us, leicester and wolves before games, some Villa dross comes on to take the piss now and then but mainly fans of the big 4 that wishes us luck for the future -remember coventry are supposed to be in the premier league according to fans in my generation. Difficult to achieve that though when you have leeches all over you.

Last edited:

Grendel

So you are hoping that the actions of SISU lead to the downfall of ACL?
Disgusting.

I am. As long as I am my seat at 3pm at the Ricoh on the opening day of the season I couldn't care less about ACL or its employees. Why should I?

Sick Boy

So you are hoping that the actions of SISU lead to the downfall of ACL?
Disgusting.

I have no interest in supporting ACL, and I don't understand why any other fan would be so concerned about them. Not many other club's supporters would have put up with them, let alone seen fans back them over the club.

If Ranson or Hoffman, or anyone else who some fans believe to be demi-gods had tried the same tricks, they would be lauded as 'hard-nosed' businessmen wanting the best for the club.

SkyBlueSwiss

hahaha...there are plenty of keyboard-warriors on here. Those who don't agree with their opinion are threatened with suggestions of violence.

Why do you assume violence? These people may well be ardent supporters of Grenduffy and want to shake his hand for his well-thought-out, erudite and kindly responses to his fellow fans on this forum.
Why are you always so negative?

Grendel

Why do you assume violence? These people may well be ardent supporters of Grenduffy and want to shake his hand for his well-thought-out, erudite and kindly responses to his fellow fans on this forum.

It may surprise you to know I get PM messages of support from people who are in agreement with me but do not want to post their views because of the abuse that I get.

Grendel

Sick Boy

I am not negative, just a realist regarding Coventry City.
It was only yesterday we had a poster on here threatening homo-erotic violence against a fellow poster who didn't agree with him.

Grendel

Let me correct you again i will be attending the ricoh if we play there, and if its walsall i am thinking bout that one....happy to clear that up for you.....

Then we seem to be in agreement so why the hostility?

Email sent;

To the Football League Board,

You have all been around football long enough to see what the difference between good football club ownership and bad football club ownership looks like. I know at times this can be virtually impossible to police, with owners hiding behind different company names and putting forward stooge owners / Chairmen for persons who would indeed fail fit and proper owner tests or indeed could not own that club under league rules either because they are already banned or have involvement with another club. Yes, that is a minefield for you which at some point you have to tackle.

That said the maladministration and deliberate disregard for the club, it's supporters and football in general means for the football league to support this regime is untenable. I remind you of the following issues;

SISU takeover 2007
SISU came to Coventry City with a business plan that was correct and should have worked, to develop younger players and to buy younger players with potential to also develop them in the knowledge that for the club to gain financial strength some would have to be sold, but 50% of the profit would be given to the Manager to find new talent to repeat the process. This would result in a reasonably strong and continually improving squad whilst generating income. This lasted less than one season when they began to accept the first offer for any player and indeed through incompetence lost highly talented players for no fee at all! This resulted in a stream of Directors resigning including any who had Football experience and a revolving door for Managers and Players meaning the club had zero stability, which is vital for success. The original plan was sold to fans who due to their love of the club and with SISU's threat of give us your shares or we will not "save" the club surrendered their shares in Coventry City FC for free. How do they regret that now.

Multiple Transfer Embargo's and Late / Incorrect Accounting
I cannot recall the last season that Coventry City were not subject to a transfer embargo due to SISU's incompetence and flagrant disregard for UK Company Law and the rules of the Football Association and the Football League. How difficult can it be to submit annual accounts to Companies House and the Football authorities, unless they have something to hide! Only last week the current Chief Executive Tim Fisher (who signed the last set of accounts) admitted in front of a fans forum and live on BBC radio that the accounts were not correct. This is either incompetence or worse, let's hope it is merely incompetence.

Deliberate non-payment of stadium rent
Without doubt the stadium rent reported to be £1.2 million per annum is excessive for a League One club and a club who does not have access to match-day incomes is on the route to financial failure. However, SISU chose to withhold payments from the stadium owners (a charity and the city council) in reportedly an attempt to strangle them out of business. I think my mortgage is too high, but that does not mean I can cease payments to re-negotiate, another example of how this unscrupulous business thinks.

Coventry City playing outside of Coventry permanently
Having failed in the above bid SISU have incurred huge legal costs on CCFC and in the face of over 90% objection from the supporters are attempting to do an MK Dons and steal our club from the people of Coventry. It is expected that their plans to move to another City (initially for several years) will result in a reduction from average gates around 10k to 13k in Coventry to an average gate of less than 1k. The consensus of fan opinion shows that the building of another stadium outside of Coventry holds no interest for them, we already have a world class stadium at the Ricoh Arena. Tim Fisher's response to this is he doesn't care he is moving OUR club anyway. Additional disregard for fans has been threats to steal the Jimmy Hill statue, Fans bricks from the wall of the Ricoh Arena and to even move the garden of remembrance. This man and his bosses have no idea about football and football club ownership. Football Clubs belong to the fans and their spiritual homes in their HOME cities.

The Golden Share
You seemed surprised that the Golden Share had been moved without the club informing you, well having seen the actions and attitude I have described above what did you expect? More importantly what should we expect next from SISU or whatever company name they choose to hide behind next.

It would be easy for you to ignore this request as just another disgruntled fan, but I have worked in the football league at a very difficult club and fully understand the importance as a football administrator the responsibility you have to the supporters of that football club. Football (especially in the lower leagues) has to improve it's business sense to survive, but that has to be done with honesty, transparency and respect. Words that do not appear in SISU and Tim Fisher's vocabulary.

It is vital for the well being of football, not just Coventry City that you refuse the application from SISU or their other business names for the Golden Share to remove this disgrace from football permanently.

Thank you.

hitmanhearns

Well done, very informative. Wish I knew what the FL are thinking but ultimately it comes down to rules and regulations.

As Seppala probably would take her own mother to trial I fear the FL just wants to get on with a new season without anymore fuzz.

You never know.

Fair play to you, the website is great my Swedish ain't what it used to be but I get the drift :) Laponia? I am going to have Google that one - If you ever come over to Cov again you should let me know I would love to meet up - Ill take your for a pint you deserve one supporting CCFC, we have no choice as we are from Coventry, you could of chosen any team, I am really glad you chose City thou... The stand you refer to was the Main Stand - This housed the changing rooms, hospitality boxes and some offices it was also were the directors and VIP's sat during games.

Keep the faith, whats is 'Play up Sky Blue' (in Swedish?)

Cheers Phil

:whistle:

There used to be a scandinavian skyblue fanzine, run by fans in norway, that came out 4 times a year pre-internet, that was the only contact u could have with the club apart from ordering brochures to buy scarves etc. which took about 6 months too get- u remember the stoneage!

Heres the webpage again: http://www.svenskafans.com/england/coventry/

You have the history of the club,the city and the stadiums in the left column....all in swedish though:whistle:

Also the picture on your site in the history section Speedie is God banner, that was one of my best friends Dean Macdonald, I was his best-man at his wedding - I have told him he has made on to your website he is buzzing...lol he is on Facebook add him if your on there.

hitmanhearns

Also the picture on your site in the history section Speedie is God banner, that was one of my best friends Dean Macdonald, I was his best-man at his wedding - I have told him he has made on to your website he is buzzing...lol he is on Facebook add him if your on there.

haha I´ll put his name up under the picture, love to have a pint with a true sky blue....same goes for you if you ´re ever in the north of sweden!

PUSB would be something like; kämpa på himmelsblå !

lol He will love that he is the one to the right with the long hair - I think there is probably more chance of you coming over her tbh, but if I ever do Ill look you up...kämpa på himmelsblå

haha I´ll put his name up under the picture, love to have a pint with a true sky blue....same goes for you if you ´re ever in the north of sweden!

PUSB would be something like; kämpa på himmelsblå !

Users who are viewing this thread