Only one thing left now. (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

I see it more as a positive celebration of CCFC, we really should get away from the idea of disruption and think about how we draw attention to us and why we are special (in a good way!).

We go there, we swell their clubs' gates, we draw attention to ourselves by mingling with the fans there, we celebrate being CCFC and others see CCFC matters to us; we get support from other clubs as a result as they see how much it matters to us, and they see that despite it all our spirit remains.

It can be a happy time when there, but it'd be newsworthy if we went on tour to other grounds. Plus as numbers tailed off after a bit (which they inevitably would, is the nature of the beast) it'd be less obviously a limited number when in a wider group, than us staggering around an empty park.

Coventry City on tour - for three to five years - as it were. I seem to remember something similar happened with a few Cov fans a while back when our game was postponed and they went to a Torquay game and met Helen Chamberlain.

I agree there should not be any violence at any protest.

NorthernWisdom

yes...one plan to rule them...must be a celebration firstly......saying we are the fans and we are together (except for those in Northampton)

They're still in it together.

What would be nice is to try and arrange the same chant on a half hour mark, be it fans at Northampton or elsewhere.

The Sky Blue song followed by Coventry homes followed by a quick burst of only one Coventry (leave the city bit out!)

Join everyone together, wherever they are.

NorthernWisdom

Coventry City on tour - for three to five years - as it were.

Exactly, spread the word.

Different scenario, but even to a few years ago there were Liverpool Dockers protesting in the city I lived. Seemed highly illogical at first but it had me go and ask them why, find out more about their cause, realise it was a cause to get behind.

J

Jack Griffin

We need an alternate game at the Ricoh clashing with SISU FC home game, city old boys vs sphinx or similar.. and pack it out....

hotrod

I personally do not think Sisu care one iota about CCFC & that their sole purpose as always been to gain possession of the Ricoh & the land around it for next to nothing,if they had the inerest of the Club at heart they would surely have invested in the Team.

Regards.

NorthernWisdom

They're still in it together.

What would be nice is to try and arrange the same chant on a half hour mark, be it fans at Northampton or elsewhere.

The Sky Blue song followed by Coventry homes followed by a quick burst of only one Coventry (leave the city bit out!)

Join everyone together, wherever they are.

In fact do it on 67 minutes (2nd division winners) and 87 minutes (cup winners).

Remind people we have a history and a tradition that cannot be so easily forgotten!

duffer

I wouldn't call anyone a scab for going to Northampton.

But to me it seems obvious to me that the best way of ensuring that CCFC play in Coventry, at the Ricoh, is to boycott the club under our current owners.

As soon as SISU realise that their plan is doomed to failure, they will know that they will have to sell or go bust. They won't be able to survive for three (to five!) years on non-existent revenue, and they won't go bust purely out of spite.

We know that there's interest in the club, and we know that ACL are prepared to do a deal with new owners. The best thing that we can do as fans is to apply the most pressure we can to force the club down that path, and our best lever is the financial one.

That, for what it's worth, is my honest opinion.

Nonleagueherewecome

I see it more as a positive celebration of CCFC, we really should get away from the idea of disruption and think about how we draw attention to us and why we are special (in a good way!).

We go there, we swell their clubs' gates, we draw attention to ourselves by mingling with the fans there, we celebrate being CCFC and others see CCFC matters to us; we get support from other clubs as a result as they see how much it matters to us, and they see that despite it all our spirit remains.

It can be a happy time when there, but it'd be newsworthy if we went on tour to other grounds. Plus as numbers tailed off after a bit (which they inevitably would, is the nature of the beast) it'd be less obviously a limited number when in a wider group, than us staggering around an empty park.

If Wimbledon fans had taken this approach they still wouldn't have a club. I'm sorry, this view absolutely disgusts me!

wingy

I think you all need a reality check and accept that this is personal ,not just the other protagonists ,but with us .They are contemptable and it will matter not whether we survive or not to them!!

Nonleagueherewecome

And if Brighton and Rotherham and Charlton fans hadn't gone elsewhere, their clubs might never have come back.

There's always more than one side to a story.

I'm afraid we have a hell of a lot more in common with MK Dons than Charlton, Brighton and Rotherham.

Some of our fans seem happy to fiddle whilst Rome burns. If they can't draw a line in the sand at this time, they never will. Their legitimising of our relocation is potentially killing the club a lot more effectively than a boycott-the point of which is to force SISU out. I'm not united with those people.

Users who are viewing this thread