Orange Order (1 Viewer)

WestEndAgro

Orange men and Loyalists marching through Cheylesmore and Broadgate next Saturday,are their any other fellow Sky Blue/Rangers fans planning on marching.

WestEndAgro

what its got to do with a Midlands City...? Ulster maybe, Glasgow Possibly...Coventry?:facepalm:

Coventry had two Orange lodges a number of years ago, only one remains now but Coventry has always had strong links due to it's large Scottish and Irish population , large scale march planned with people from all over the midlands, Liverpool and other areas.

Delboycov

Coventry also has one of the largest Irish catholic communities in the UK so how would you feel if they demonstrated their tribalism and celebrated their faith and history in town too? This is Coventry, not East or West Belfast so for me I really don't think it's the place for it...Respect your reasons for doing it but definitely think times thankfully have moved on.

Last edited:

ricohman

Sorry but orange order marches are pointless when they travel through catholic only areas and attack and surround our churchs and harass priests like the last big so called march in belfast

its nonsense - the orange lodge should not be marching in Coventry, as Delboy said Coventry has a huge Catholic population, and as the order march by playing the Sash "up to their knees in Fenian blood" and all their sectarian bile - it is a show force that is not needed in Coventry - the march is made up of bigots...end of - this is why they have tried to ban it everywhere else...I have no time or respect for it.

Otis

Crazy that a battle back in 1690 can still stir up so much emotion.

I have no problem with anyone marching as long as it's peaceful and respectful.

CCFCDan87

its nonsense - the orange lodge should not be marching in Coventry, as Delboy said Coventry has a huge Catholic population, and as the order march by playing the Sash "up to their knees in Fenian blood" and all their sectarian bile - it is a show force that is not needed in Coventry - the march is made up of bigots...end of - this is why they have tried to ban it everywhere else...I have no time or respect for it.

so you won't be welcoming them to the establishment after I take it? Lol

I know very well about 10 of the OO in Coventry, and tbf they are good lads - Rangers Men...I have banter with them as I am of Scottish/Irish decent (born in Glasgow/Grandparents from Ireland) I got up the road occasionally to watch Celtic but that about it for me, these boys go to Belfast and march on the 12th - singing about murdering Catholics ect...then return to Cov and sit and have a beer with me, I have grown up with these boys and one is a flag bearer for the Coventry march...I can not get my head around how they hate Catholics so much but then are quite happy to be friends with us? strange mind set...and the march has no place in Coventry, 1690 was a long long time ago and it was a massacre of Catholics - great reason to be marching through our proud City - what next do we allow veterans of the Luftwaffe that bombed Coventry to do a march?

I would go that far, business is business after all...lol I have no problem with the lads i know, we are welcoming to everyone as long as they don't want to start sing sectarian songs about killing Taigs as they call them...they will probably go the Royal Warwicks.

so you won't be welcoming them to the establishment after I take it? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread