OTT Bedwetters (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm not a traditional bedwetter, but this is the first time I've seen the manager look a little lost.

He's always been Mr Adaptable, finding solutions to problems, but if your problem is formation and you've built it around multi-milion pound signings, then it's not as easy to change it up. I think he's in a real pickle; suspect he knows what he needs to do, but to do it he has to admit to some very expensive mistakes.
For me though, I think that the players don't suit the formation and style of play and that could be changed. He's just not doing it.

In the past he's had to be forced into tactical changes through injuries that have eventually worked in our favour. It's like his first plan never works and he seems to come across something that does because it's the only option at the time.

Macca1987

I see small shoots of better performance, that's two games when Sakamoto could have scored, fine lines for both. I don't think we have the players at the moment to do the quick forward press, but maybe we hang on in until January and bring in the right players

Otis

Should say that even though it's dire at the moment I'm not particularly worried yet either, I think it'd still have to look shit by Christmas for me to have a proper wobble. I keep thinking about how awful our start to last season was compared to how it ended, and even though it's a completely different scenario, set of circumstances and collection of players now you have to cling on to something, logic out the window
Yup, I'm not worried yet either and now we have O'Hare back.

I trust Robins to get it right and I think we will fine this season.

Ashdown

I’m off to watch Coventry Rugby on Saturday, at least there you will get a fully committed performance for the entire game for £21 a ticket . I’ll watch the City on Sky on Monday, we can’t justify £74 to go right now.

covcity4life

Should say that even though it's dire at the moment I'm not particularly worried yet either, I think it'd still have to look shit by Christmas for me to have a proper wobble. I keep thinking about how awful our start to last season was compared to how it ended, and even though it's a completely different scenario, set of circumstances and collection of players now you have to cling on to something, logic out the window
Yeah same here. 5pts off I just can't get too panicked yet. If we within 5 at Christmas's if prob take that too tbh

Otis

I’m off to watch Coventry Rugby on Saturday, at least there you will get a fully committed performance for the entire game for £21 a ticket . I’ll watch the City on Sky on Monday, we can’t justify £74 to go right now.
I don't think I have actually had such a bad run of results all in just a few days, as I have now.

England got walloped in the cricket on Saturday, then City lost and I also keep an eye on Folkestone Invicta, who on Saturday, were overwhelming favourites to win their game against a bottom side and they lost 3 nil, then England lost in the rugby Saturday night, then Sunday, my American Football team, Washington, who were again very clear favourites to beat an injury hit NY Giants side also lost. Tuesday Invicta played again and were 2-1 up and went on to lose 4-2 and then the City got beaten last night.

Usually there is a crumb of comfort from something and one win from somewhere down the line to cheer me a little.

Very crappy run at the moment and now England's cricketers seem to be doing their level best to cock today's game up too (122 for 6 😳)

Grrrr

Ashdown

I don't think I have actually had such a bad run of results all in just a few days, as I have now.

England got walloped in the cricket on Saturday, then City lost and I also keep an eye on Folkestone Invicta, who on Saturday, were overwhelming favourites to win their game against a bottom side and they lost 3 nil, then England lost in the rugby Saturday night, then Sunday, my American Football team, Washington, who were again very clear favourites to beat an injury hit NY Giants side also lost. Tuesday Invicta played again and were 2-1 up and went on to lose 4-2 and then the City got beaten last night.

Usually there is a crumb of comfort from something and one win from somewhere down the line to cheer me a little.

Very crappy run at the moment and now England's cricketers seem to be doing their level best to cock today's game up too (122 for 6 😳)

Grrrr
Yes I know how you feel Otis, I’m watching the cricket myself. I could at least throw in my Spanish football team Elche into that who ground out a 1-0 away win on Sunday.
Everything else has been disappointing.

Skyblueweeman

I expected comfortable midtable at the moment it looks like we’ve reverted back to our comfortable default position of 17th.
To be fair, we're only 90 mins away from 12th position.

It's a tough one - we're playing dreadfully, look devoid of confidence/ideas yet still sit closer to the play offs than relegation - albeit wondering where the next points are coming from.

Like some on here, despite the current annoyance, I'm comfortable that we're not going to be in a relegation dogfight and 'somehow', we'll start climbing the table sooner or later. MR has earned the right to ride out a shit-storm of a time. Granted, the fans who pay their hard earnt money, deserve something to cheer.

I'm ever the optimist....

Offhegoes

I think people have short memories. I remember some of our performances in The Championship under Micky Adams, Boothroyd, Dowie and Thorn. Hardly creating a chance in a game, being totally outplayed in away games time & time again. We should of won on Saturday, and although Rotherham caused us more problems than Bristol did, we still should of at least drawn the game if you look at the chances missed, or saved.
Robins & Viveash will find the solution. They have done it season after season.
I would be more concerned if we were being outplayed and not creating chances.

alexccfc99

We won’t go down

Leicester and Ipswich aside the quality of the League isn’t amazing again, we’ve been pretty shoddy and we are still only 5pts off Top 6, improve and keep in touching distance and you never know what could happen again - But we need to drastically improve

Skyblueweeman

When you’ve been so drastically wrong it’s hard to listen to anything else you come out with.

Perhaps if you attended more games you’d be taken more seriously.
So drastically wrong? At the time, on paper, they probably were the best on paper. An international striker who many were happy we signed along with someone who had a decent stint at Championship level last season. So it's not worked out - shit happens and people are wrong.

And who the fuck are you to question my opinion based on how many games I go to? Fuck off mate.

Skyblueweeman

You were wrong, it happens. No need to get so worked up. If you make some more games I’m sure you’ll learn
So you disagree they weren't on paper one of the best pairings at the start of the season?

And I've not used the ignore button before but I won't see your response to this as you're obviously a fucking idiot.

Grendel

So you disagree they weren't on paper one of the best pairings at the start of the season?

And I've not used the ignore button before but I won't see your response to this as you're obviously a fucking idiot.

Wright was obviously a gamble and it was only the money paid that made us think he is a good addition. Its looking more and more like a gamble that will fail.

Skyblueweeman

Wright was obviously a gamble and it was only the money paid that made us think he is a good addition. Its looking more and more like a gamble that will fail.
I don't disagree that it was a gamble but at the time (and I can't be arsed to go through the threads), everyone seemed delighted by the signing. That's what I based my optimism on - the same as the majority.

And it does like it's not working out.

mmttww

Some of the sh*t on here since Rotherham scored last night is embarrassing. A lot of people looking for someone or something to rip in to. If you're that wound up, don't look to a bunch of footballers to sort it.

Tw*ts.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's a tough one - we're playing dreadfully, look devoid of confidence/ideas yet still sit closer to the play offs than relegation - albeit wondering where the next points are coming from.

Like some on here, despite the current annoyance, I'm comfortable that we're not going to be in a relegation dogfight and 'somehow', we'll start climbing the table sooner or later. MR has earned the right to ride out a shit-storm of a time. Granted, the fans who pay their hard earnt money, deserve something to cheer.

‘Only 3 points from 12th’ ✅
‘Only 3 points from safety’➡️
‘Only 3 points from Sheffield Wednesday’➡️

fernandopartridge

We've played far worse than the last two games at various points in our championship tenure

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

covboy9

I remember being called every shade of c**t saying we’d sign too many defenders and squad was unbalanced

a lot of good people on here but too much arguing and name calling

Bugsy

Some of the sh*t on here since Rotherham scored last night is embarrassing. A lot of people looking for someone or something to rip in to. If you're that wound up, don't look to a bunch of footballers to sort it.

Tw*ts.

mr t dancing GIF

covboy9

I went to work flat as a pancake this morning and got slaughtered by a bunch of Ipswich fans

nothing I can say really

dreading 2nd December

tomreagan84

Support your team

arguing on here and going crazy isn’t gonna help

yes we are shite atm, yes system isn’t working, yes robins has and unbalanced squad, yes we have signed duds

we are not in a relegation battle yet a couple of wins and we are back in it but we are gonna have to be content with mid table and average

January there will have to be a shake up
I’m a really chilled out bed wetter.

it’s cold and damp and it smells, but it will dry out.

Great_Expectations

Things aren’t great right now and last night was a horrendous performance.

But people definitely get off on it - and that’s just as tragic.

oakey

Suggest one position we are stronger in this season than last.

I expect some will suggest the 2 wing backs but, at best, I would say, not yet, maybe later.

- We sold the best 2 players we've had for 20 years.
By choice remember, and I know the arguments,
1) you can't keep a player who wants to go
2) we can't afford to lose them for nothing
3) we can build a stronger unit with the cash raised.
1. + 2. debatable. 3. Has not
happened.

- We replaced them with lesser players.

- We lost 5 loan defenders. Most are playing for higher ranking clubs now or likely to be soon.
We replaced them with players from lower ranking clubs.

- Wilson, McFadz, Sheaf, Eccles, Kelly, Allen and Godden are still the spine of the team + bench.
We can argue that him or him are better than average but this is a very mediocre group.

Get real. This is a meh squad.
Yes it has potential.
Yes it needs time.
But be honest. Robins and Viveash need to perform a minor miracle.

COH, Milan, Saka and Ayari need to work some magic, perhaps.

Sky Blue Harry H

1) you can't keep a player who wants to go
2) we can't afford to lose them for nothing
3) we can build a stronger unit with the cash raised.

1 and 2 are correct

3 - Rome wasn't built in a day (see slow starts by McNulty and Gyo with us) and we haven't finished building yet.

We'll see what happens with C O'H, but regardless, I expect us to be really strong next season. I'm prepared to wait for that and support the team in the meantime. League 2 not that long ago, but people have short term memories.
Go back 6 months and Leicester fans were all doom and gloom, and now they're all billy big bollocks. Football fans are plain fickle/ weird at times (I include myself in the weird category).

Users who are viewing this thread