Our Best XI + subs since relegation from the Prem (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

What do you reckon?

Gk. Keiren Westwood
Rb. Richard Keogh
Lb. Stephen Warnock
Cb. Mo Konjic
Cb. Ben Turner
Rm. David Thompson
Lm. Gary McSheffrey (first spell)
Cm. Youssef Safri
Cm. Gary McAllister
Fd. Marlon King
Fd. Michael Mifsud

Subs
Gk. Andy Marshall
Df. Danny Fox
Mf. Jay Tabb
Mf. Dennis Wise
Fd. Clinton Morrison

ggrady

Dennis wise has to be in the starting 11 for me. Andy Marshall was shocking fulop on bench knstead

Sterling Archer

It was a toss up between Marshall, Fulop and Schmeichel but I gave it to Marshall due to him winning our POTY award in06-07 (a season in which he was actually very good for us).

Marty

Hedman was far better then Marshall & just as good if not better then Westwood. You missed out Roland Nilsson & Joachim in the Black era was superb.

Edit: I'd have Bjarni Gudjonsson over Tabb as well.

Sterling Archer

Hedman was poor in his very brief stint for us in Div One.

Nilsson was a class above in his first stint at Cov but only made 9 appearances in 01-02 when he returned to the club. Still, he would easily be the RB in my all time CCFC XI.

I suppose there is a case for picking Joachim over Morrison but Joachim came across as a lazy pr*ck who only played when his contract was running out for a brief 2-3 months, the rest of his time here he spent doing naff all picking up his hefty wage.

I originally had Dann and changed him for Turner at the last second.

Marty

Hedman was poor in his very brief stint for us in Div One.

Nilsson was a class above in his first stint at Cov but only made 9 appearances in 01-02 when he returned to the club. Still, he would easily be the RB in my all time CCFC XI.

I suppose there is a case for picking Joachim over Morrison but Joachim came across as a lazy pr*ck who only played when his contract was running out for a brief 2-3 months, the rest of his time here he spent doing naff all picking up his hefty wage.

I originally had Dann and changed him for Turner at the last second.

Fair points.

Sterling Archer

I conviniently swerved the manager selection. I do always wonder what would've happened if we'd have given Nilsson more time.

Marty

I conviniently swerved the manager selection. I do always wonder what would've happened if we'd have given Nilsson more time.

I thought Nilsson was very good, but really we should have been promoted with the team we had at the time, iirc it all started going down hill when Jim Smith was brought in.

ggrady

Might get slated but for the first 6 months aidy bothroyd was very effective, but got to January and needed to strengthen and kick on and no money :( I honestly thi k with a few million we would have gone up with boothroyd

Users who are viewing this thread