Our club[emoji170] (1 Viewer)

rexo87

We have our club back. All i wanted a few years ago was for my club to be playing in their own city and being able to experience match days with family and friends without any nonsense and uncertainty off the pitch. We are playing in a fantastic league with some proper clubs and 4x the home crowds of 6 years ago. We also have a manager and assistant manager who just seem to get this club. Let's back them and get as many season tickets sold for next season as possible. PUSB

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

I thought I would be broken at losing. But now it’s sunk in…. I’m alright. Almost a relief in some ways… back to the comfort of the Championship. It’s been an amazing but stressful few weeks as we built up to today… we have a bloody good season and I’ll be back for more. PUSB

suffolkskyblue24

That is my over-riding emotion now as well. This club, our club, has had two decades in the wilderness and despite the result, today at Wembley showed we are back. One team, one club, one family, one City. #PUSB

GIMOC

I thought I would be broken at losing. But now it’s sunk in…. I’m alright. Almost a relief in some ways… back to the comfort of the Championship. It’s been an amazing but stressful few weeks as we built up to today… we have a bloody good season and I’ll be back for more. PUSB

comfort of the championship? we’ve blown our best chance ever of promotion.

Chance has come and gone, Watford and Norwich won't be as bad again, I expect them to challenge, Ipswich could do well, WBA will be thereabouts so will Boro not to mention the 3 prem teams coming down. I think we're in for a tough season.

clint van damme

Chance has come and gone, Watford and Norwich won't be as bad again, I expect them to challenge, Ipswich could do well, WBA will be thereabouts so will Boro not to mention the 3 prem teams coming down. I think we're in for a tough season.

The play off final has just been contested by two teams with some of the lowest budgets in the league one of whom may the play offs last year.

I don't think it's a guarantee that the league will be stronger next year, it may be, but I don't think it's nailed on.

GIMOC

The play off final has just been contested by two teams with some of the lowest budgets in the league one of whom may the play offs last year.

I don't think it's a guarantee that the league will be stronger next year, it may be, but I don't think it's nailed on.

norwich and Watford won’t be as bad next season. Baggies will be right up there as Will boro and saints. Ipswich and potentially Sheffield Wednesday. The league will be a lot stronger next season than this season. hope I’m proved wrong but I think will do a Huddersfield and struggle.

clint van damme

norwich and Watford won’t be as bad next season. Baggies will be right up there as Will boro and saints. Ipswich and potentially Sheffield Wednesday. The league will be a lot stronger next season than this season. hope I’m proved wrong but I think will do a Huddersfield and struggle.

I don't know how you can say Watford won't be as bad next year. They're an absolute basket case.

The other clubs mentioned could be challenging, but there's no guarantees, and there's nothing to say we won't be in amongst it. It's not a given we won't.

pusbccfc

Spot on. Our club is back in Coventry under new ownership and without Wasps taking up space.

It was a pipe dream years back.

GIMOC

I don't know how you can say Watford won't be as bad next year. They're an absolute basket case.

The other clubs mentioned could be challenging, but there's no guarantees, and there's nothing to say we won't be in amongst it. It's not a given we won't.
a basket case that finds ways to challenge for promotion.
Let me put it in simple terms. Yesterday we played Luton for promotion. Occasion got the better of us. We will never get a better chance.

Vik - will be gone
Hamer - will be gone
Doyle - will be gone
Mcnally - could be gone
Norton Cuffy - gone
Kelly -hearing he won’t be having his contract extended
Fadz - year older and yesterday he looked off it

6 of the starting 11 likely to off including our 2 best players. Rest of the team I would call average at best for the exception of Sheaf. Summer recruitment is massive, biggest yet. if we get it wrong, will be a long season

pusbccfc

Let me put it in simple terms. Yesterday we played Luton for promotion. Occasion got the better of us. We will never get a better chance.

Vik - will be gone
Hamer - will be gone
Doyle - will be gone
Mcnally - could be gone
Norton Cuffy - gone

6 of the starting 11 likely to off including our 2 best players. Rest of the team I would call average at best for the exception of Sheaf. Summer recruitment is massive, biggest yet. if we get it wrong, will be a long season

The thing we need to remember is the top going will bring in huge financial gain. The papers continue to suggest Vik will be £25m. Hamer won't be cheap either.

If Doug is ambitious, we'll have money to spend.

clint van damme

Vik - will be gone
Hamer - will be gone
Doyle - will be gone
Mcnally - could be gone
Norton Cuffy - gone

If we get it wrong.
I'm not saying the scenario you paint won't happen, just it's not a given.
But yeah, recruitment will be key.
Think we'll have to change our style of play as well. Vik is quite unique in the way he plays, don't think we'll find replacement will have to take a different approach.

GIMOC

The thing we need to remember is the top going will bring in huge financial gain. The papers continue to suggest Vik will be £25m. Hamer won't be cheap either.

If Doug is ambitious, we'll have money to spend.

both only got 1 year on their contract left. Lucky to get just over half of that for Vik. He will be 15 mill max. Hamer 6-7 mill.

Ian1779

If we get it wrong.
I'm not saying the scenario you paint won't happen, just it's not a given.
But yeah, recruitment will be key.
Think we'll have to change our style of play as well. Vik is quite unique in the way he plays, don't think we'll find replacement will have to take a different approach.
A fit again Callum O’Hare will make changing the playing style easier. Has he been playing all season we may have not been so direct for as much this season.

rexo87

Teams coming down should be good. Watford and Norwich will be shit again

shepardo01

We will never get a better chance.
Yep - have to agree... not just our two best players, but probably the best player in the division and a 20 goal striker...

Gint11

There is no certainty that these clubs will be good next year. You’re just plucking the ‘names out’

all depends on recruitment and as of now we don’t know who’s buying who

ceetee

Teams coming down should be good. Watford and Norwich will be shit again

Watford and Norwich should have been good but they weren't. But they might be next year.
Many relegated teams take a season or two to re-adjust.
It really is too difficult to predict with the odd exception

Colin Steins Smile

Out yesterdays squad of 27 listed in the programme 13 will probably not be here at the start of next season. It's going to be a massive change and let's hope our new recruitment team are exceptionally good.
In addition to the 13 we also lose the wage bills of the Waghorn, Kane, DaCosta contracts.
We may have some additional funds from player sales, but so many clubs get it badly wrong. e.g. Chelsea & Everton this season

GIMOC

There is no certainty that these clubs will be good next year. You’re just plucking the ‘names out’

all depends on recruitment and as of now we don’t know who’s buying who

seriously. look at the teams next season. we had no better chance than yesterday. if we knew Hamer and Vik were staying I’d be more confident but as a poster put above yours. All bar 12 goals this involved them two players. replacing them two will be incredibly hard

Gint11

seriously. look at the teams next season. we had no better chance than yesterday. if we knew Hamer and Vik were staying I’d be more confident but as a poster put above yours. All bar 12 goals this involved them two players. replacing them two will be incredibly hard

I agree to a point but there’s nothing to fear about the league. Let’s see how recruiting goes before we try and figure out how we fare

olderskyblue

Gus and Vik scored the majority of our goals, yet none of the teams above us had those players…. Makes you wonder how they managed…

we need to build a team that can dominate, not always rely on the breakaway, and that’s Robins job now. He found those 2 players, let’s hope he can find 2 better ones, and some more as well.

Users who are viewing this thread