Out of contract this summer - who would you retain? (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

Realistically what do we think the chances are of holding on to Murphy, Wood, Christie, Baker & L.Clarke? Personally I see these as the spine of a team for next season but following recent events I find it difficult to believe they'll all still be at CCFC if offers come in

I also like Thomas, Fleck, J.Clarke, Bailey +/- Elliott to have in the squad...

Murphy - can't see him going
Christie - real possibility he goes
Wood - can't see him taking a big pay cut
Baker - could go, don't think he'll attract much interest, being 30
Leon Clarke - he won't go, under contract and just joined

torchomatic

60% of the time it works every time.

Well yes, therefore he is not a 100% genius if he doesn't "get them all right" - by definition.

ashbyjan

Waggot signs the players, but Thorn identifies his targets, that's the normal role of a 'Director of Football'. Example, Thorn said he wanted McG, when we signed him, Waggott said to Shaw & LC hat he was available, they said they wanted him, we sign him.

Funny how you blame shit signings on SISU and not Thorn - can you see the bigger picture with those blinkers on?

Waggott has been a good appointment, and I'd like him to remain at CCFC post-SISU. I'm not 100% but I'm sure Thorn was manager before Waggott came?

Actually it didn't quite work like that - had good chat with Waggott about this when he was guest speaker at the Trust last month. The identification of the players was joint, in fact I got the feeling many were identified by Waggott who showed them to Thorn and said do you want him and Thorn would say yes or no (according to Waggott because he had been starved of players the previous summer Thorn was a bit like a kid in a sweet shop and wanted eveyone!) and then Waggott would go off and get them. He told us the story of Malaga and Edge where they had identified Malaga and Waggott told him he had an even better player from Greece and which one did Thron want - both please was the reply!

I fully agree with you if after the dust settles and if we do have new owners I would hope that Waggott stays - he's a football guy through and through and we will need someone like him

CJparker

Waggot signs the players, but Thorn identifies his targets, that's the normal role of a 'Director of Football'. Example, Thorn said he wanted McG, when we signed him, Waggott said to Shaw & LC hat he was available, they said they wanted him, we sign him.

Funny how you blame shit signings on SISU and not Thorn - can you see the bigger picture with those blinkers on?

Waggott has been a good appointment, and I'd like him to remain at CCFC post-SISU. I'm not 100% but I'm sure Thorn was manager before Waggott came?

The bigger picture is that AT was a good manager who was given absolutely no support from SISU last season - all the SISU fans hate him because he is a convenient scapegoat for their failures

Mucca Mad Boys

The bigger picture is that AT was a good manager who was given absolutely no support from SISU last season - all the SISU fans hate him because he is a convenient scapegoat for their failures

:facepalm:

The 500k backing he did get, he spent it on Cody McDonald! 500k WASTED!

He was backed this summer, only good players he signed were; Barton, Fleck, Jennings.

If he was such a good manager, why hasn't he got a job? He's applied for Plymouth, Chesterfield, Bournemouth, AFC Wimbledon, and just about any job opening available, no job, are those clubs Pro-SISU who use him as a scapegoat?

Waggott was right when he spoke about a 'hand-picked' team, and Thorn shown the same trends this season that occurred last season.

The fact that we dropped over 20 points from winning positions last season suggests that we had a team that could've stayed up, which a good manager would've done. A good manager makes a shit team a mediocre team, Thorn made a shit team, a shit team. Looked at Watford, shit team, came 13th, shit to mediocre under Dyche. Thorn was a flawed manager and was relieved when I heard he was sacked.

This defence of Thorn is embarrassing.

CJparker

:facepalm:

The 500k backing he did get, he spent it on Cody McDonald! 500k WASTED!

He was backed this summer, only good players he signed were; Barton, Fleck, Jennings.

If he was such a good manager, why hasn't he got a job? He's applied for Plymouth, Chesterfield, Bournemouth, AFC Wimbledon, and just about any job opening available, no job, are those clubs Pro-SISU who use him as a scapegoat?

Waggott was right when he spoke about a 'hand-picked' team, and Thorn shown the same trends this season that occurred last season.

The fact that we dropped over 20 points from winning positions last season suggests that we had a team that could've stayed up, which a good manager would've done. A good manager makes a shit team a mediocre team, Thorn made a shit team, a shit team. Looked at Watford, shit team, came 13th, shit to mediocre under Dyche. Thorn was a flawed manager and was relieved when I heard he was sacked.

This defence of Thorn is embarrassing.

The sacking after 4 unbeaten games was embarrassing - a Venky's esque action by our clueless owners.

How do you know which jobs he applied for? Did you ever consider the embarrassing hatred poured at him by the likes of you is the reason his reputation has suffered?

I am not aware of any mistakes he made - a top man who was sold out by SISU and never had a chance. You like standing up for unpopular causes don't you? Seem like you have some kind of chip on your shoulder.

Mucca Mad Boys

The sacking after 4 unbeaten games was embarrassing - a Venky's esque action by our clueless owners.

How do you know which jobs he applied for? Did you ever consider the embarrassing hatred poured at him by the likes of you is the reason his reputation has suffered?

I am not aware of any mistakes he made - a top man who was sold out by SISU and never had a chance. You like standing up for unpopular causes don't you? Seem like you have some kind of chip on your shoulder.

Venkyesque? It wasn't just 4 games was it!? He had the lowest win % as manager for CCFC ever! He had 60-odd games as manager! Considering we got Robins in after his joke era, it turned out to be a shrewd move!

When people from other clubs considered him as a candidate, do you seriously think they seen my, and others views on Thorn!? :laugh: :laugh: They would've looked at his time at CCFC, relegation, after blowing so many chances! Worst away record in Britain in any league, 20 odd points dropped from winning positions and many points dropped in the last 10 minutes (because his teams were so unfit!), he had contradictory tactics, as said above, worst win % as CCFC manager. Just because we had no investment didn't mean we were guaranteed relegation, Watford were touted to go down, favourites at one point (?) yet came 13th under Dyche! Whatever investment he had backfired massively, 500k wasted on Cody, rated Bell (and Hussey) offered him the extension, in the summer, signed; Ball, Elliott, Edj, Malaga, Kilbane and Brown who were shit and Fleck, Barton and Jennings, only 1 of those have appeared regularly.

I'm the one taking unpopular causes!? Did you actually just say that!? Let me remind you; rent is fair, hope ACL issue winding up order, Thorn is a good manager, you sir, are intensly deluded.

I'm literally crying, and I think I've pissed myself! :pointlaugh: :laugh:

CJparker

Venkyesque? It wasn't just 4 games was it!? He had the lowest win % as manager for CCFC ever! He had 60-odd games as manager! Considering we got Robins in after his joke era, it turned out to be a shrewd move!

When people from other clubs considered him as a candidate, do you seriously think they seen my, and others views on Thorn!? :laugh: :laugh: They would've looked at his time at CCFC, relegation, after blowing so many chances! Worst away record in Britain in any league, 20 odd points dropped from winning positions and many points dropped in the last 10 minutes (because his teams were so unfit!), he had contradictory tactics, as said above, worst win % as CCFC manager. Just because we had no investment didn't mean we were guaranteed relegation, Watford were touted to go down, favourites at one point (?) yet came 13th under Dyche! Whatever investment he had backfired massively, 500k wasted on Cody, rated Bell (and Hussey) offered him the extension, in the summer, signed; Ball, Elliott, Edj, Malaga, Kilbane and Brown who were shit and Fleck, Barton and Jennings, only 1 of those have appeared regularly.

I'm the one taking unpopular causes!? Did you actually just say that!? Let me remind you; rent is fair, hope ACL issue winding up order, Thorn is a good manager, you sir, are intensly deluded.

I'm literally crying, and I think I've pissed myself! :pointlaugh: :laugh:

Err, ok. It really made sense to allow AT to put together a new squad this season and then sack him after 4 unbeaten games, didn't it. The courts found against SISU when they awarded him damages for unfair dismissal - convenient how you forget that.

Everyone I knew who is a city fan knew even when Aidy that we would be going down in 2011/12 due to lack of SISU backing.

You seem to have a real pathalogical hatred of the man, what did he do, shag your mum?

Mucca Mad Boys

Err, ok. It really made sense to allow AT to put together a new squad this season and then sack him after 4 unbeaten games, didn't it. The courts found against SISU when they awarded him damages for unfair dismissal - convenient how you forget that.

Everyone I knew who is a city fan knew even when Aidy that we would be going down in 2011/12 due to lack of SISU backing.

You seem to have a real pathalogical hatred of the man, what did he do, shag your mum?

I'm stating facts. You have irrational, non-factual opinions. I don't hate him, but he's an inept manager, if he was anywhere near as good a manager as you suggest, wouldn't he have a job?

You're quick to defend him, like a partner would, is he shagging you?

CJparker

After the relegation sesaon, the slade was wiped clean when AT was given authority to build a new squad - his real reign therefore lasted a mere 4 games. That's a fact.

There nothing inept about helping the club keep its' dignity when it was clear that SISU had consigned us to relegation long before Aidy was even sacked. Never heard any fans at actual games chanting for him to go - even to the last game the fans were chanting his name. So clearly not everyone agrees with you. There's a lot on here who are "wise after the event" in saying he was bad I do not remember that being the consensus view at the time. And the awful form that occured the momoment he left indicates he must have been doing something right.

If you want to understand the meaning of the word "inept", why not look in the mirror at your own faulty logic and laughable belligerence. Clueless.

Spencer

The fact AT won an appeal means very little. As the LMA recently stated the majority, if not all, of sackings of football managers would fall foul of an employment tribunial - football managers don't get the warnings that it is deemed should be given before receiving the chop (in fact they are normally given a vote of confidence just before getting the sack).

Grendel

CJparker

It's not a big picture. It exists in only yours and Dongles mind.

Our rip-roaring survival from doom in 2011 under him would suggest otherwise - before, of course, SISU pulled the rug from under him and condemned the team to relegation before the season even began.

Users who are viewing this thread