Match Thread Oxford United vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 9th Sep (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

We were much better in the second half and a dull first. Decent turnout considering the time and it being on Sky.

Ricketts

I thought Karl Robinsons interview was a fair assessment. Interesting that he said that he couldnt see them losing, as opposed to he could see them winning. I did think Shipley rode his luck, but their no 8 could easily have. Had a couple of bookings too.

Grendel

That’s a top quality save by Burge at 1-0 and he’s blocked for their goal he msy not be world class but some of you lot loook for every error

It was a routine save that he got lucky with pushing the back in the middle. His positioning for the goal was abject and that’s being kind.

Sky Blue Pete

It was a routine save that he got lucky with pushing the back in the middle. His positioning for the goal was abject and that’s being kind.
Here we go again. Watch the save again and watch how he’s held back by the striker. He does need to not alllw it but still

Grendel

Here we go again. Watch the save again and watch how he’s held back by the striker. He does need to not alllw it but still

I have - again the bar is set so low routine becomes genius - if that went in it would be a howler

Gint11

Been on the Oxford forum. General consensus is they shaded first half, we bossed the 2nd but both teams are average and bottom half finishes for both.

Can understand that but I think we’ll get better and stronger as the season goes on.

Gibbo

OH for heavens sake you are the least charitable, most dogmatic person. We all know that had Biamou played like JCH you'd have said he played like a dog. Being consistent is an overrated virtue

ccfcway

It’s all too familiar how quiet it is on here after a win.

I might have missed it, but no one highlighting how MR out thought Robinson today.

SlowerThanPlatt

Two big home games coming up against Barnsley and Sunderland. These fixtures will give an indication as to whether we have top 6 credentials or it’s mid table obscurity at best

ccfcway

Two big home games coming up against Barnsley and Sunderland. These fixtures will give an indication as to whether we have top 6 credentials or it’s mid table obscurity at best

Compared to the first half comments on here, mid table obscurity would be a massive result

Last edited:

covcity4life

None. He isn't a problem that has any real impact on our current league position
Depends. How many narrow wins are because back 4 don't have faith in their keeper so go for crosses they wouldn't normally or try to take extra touch and make Clarence they don't think their keeper can etc

Just playing devils advocate

clint van damme

He is a pussy. Hardly touched by their striker

Bit harsh but you're right. Whenever an,attacker tries to impede him he should be smashing them out of the way. Keepers rarely get penalised for doing so.
I still don't think he's as bad as people make out does this level. You see q lot of poor keeping.

Rodders1

Great win. Chaplin looks the business. Willis and Hyam excellent today. JCH effort also made a hell of difference. Grimmer is my 1st choice RB. I’m feeling very optimistic as this team has much more to give. Well done MR.

cc84cov

A good target man who can play maybe like Jayden Stockley & a strong creative midfielder i think we need like baptise today I thought he was decent.

Users who are viewing this thread