Parkin arrives for medical? (1 Viewer)

ive just heard that due to lack of funds the medical will be done by ken and apparently he just kicks the players foot n if nothin falls off they have passed lol

Nick

Administrator
Nick, for one on one chances I don't think Parkin is the man.

When I have seen him play for Preston he always seemed to score from one on one chances (I have only seen him play a few times for them, haven't seen him for cardiff) so am just going off that.

He isn't a Marlon King or a Kevin Phillips though :( Even so, him and Juke up front with Eastwood just behind wouldn't be too shabby.

smileycov

Facebook User
we have no transfer kitty, not bought anyone and as soon as we look likely to get someone in we slag him off!! We should be thankfull people want to come here at all. ANY addition is better than none!!, i like Juke but he misses (or hits the woodwork) more than he scores, and ROD is a good sniffer around the box. if parkin causes mayhem and we can put the scraps away i don't care if he only scores 4 himself all season....it is afterall a team game.

CARDIFF CITY FC

When I have seen him play for Preston he always seemed to score from one on one chances (I have only seen him play a few times for them, haven't seen him for cardiff) so am just going off that.

He isn't a Marlon King or a Kevin Phillips though :( Even so, him and Juke up front with Eastwood just behind wouldn't be too shabby.
He's scored just 2 goals for us in 15 appearances. One screamer against Norwich and one header in the Carling Cup recently against Huddersfield. He would be great at a lower level. I think the Championship is too challenging for him.

ashbyjan

He's a fat useless lazy lump who's best days are behind him. AT wants to play fast moving pass and move football and Parkin is as far away from the ideal player for such a system as you can get. We have had an immobile target man in Platt and now we have another - wonderful.

covcity4life

so the question is now does thorn have any say in this deal?????

i cant see thirn wanting parkin unless its to replace juke:mad:

things are not looking good

stupot07

I doubt Thorn has had any say, and ken will turn around and say "well you said you wanted a striker"

skybluejelly

would not be bad if we could get him on a free transfer..........nobody turns down free parkin at the ricoh...............i'll get my coat:facepalm:

J

Jack Griffin

i dont mind him as an addition to the team but as a replacement for juke? no thanks

juke has got 2 this year(none pretty!) and will hit 15 minimum imo

i still think rod or freddy can come good lol,but would be devastated if we lost juke.

I feel sure SISU are going to realise the fee for Juke & replace him with Parkin, they are f******g killing us.

dazzled2u

Parkin plus a little cash - Cardiff must be finding it hard to contain their laughter!!

They get a top quality centre back and off load a dead weight (lots of weight) - I hope there's a sell on clause for Turner!!!

Platt and Parkin - we'll have the slowest and heaviest strikers around! :facepalm:
Plus rumours are that Brum have also put a bid in for Juke!

flammablepiss

Facebook User
No pleasing some people... Not happy with the squad we have... not happy with any changes.
We'r on a budget and there is a limited amount of players available to us at this stage... If you can find a pacey, strong player with god like ability to finish and will do it for peanuts and join a club with little short term prospect then go find one! I'm glad at least we are getting something back! We could be losing 2 or 3 players and not getting anything in return. I'm not saying you need to be great full but there's nothing we can do about these transfers!

Maybe IF Juke goes (which I don't think he will) THEN i'll start getting up in arms!

Last edited:
I am wondering the same as 'covcity4life'. Does AT have any say in the deal?

It has been made to sound as if he hasn't got any say at all.

I'd rather have different strikers, but if he does sign, give him a chance and hopefully causes a nuisance to defenders in and around the box. Even if he does not score, he may create chances for other players to score (fingers crossed that its Juke still playing for us along side him).

So im just hoping its not a replacement for Juke.

sylus

i think we all know whats coming next..juke on his way.while this fatty stays.:jerkit:

CovisGod

Anyone's better than no-one ! We need to keep Juke but Parkin up front with him might not be so bad ? Handy from corners, the lads like a battering ram

CovInEssex

Parkin is a lower-end Championship player, with a venomous finish.

Just don't expect to see much else.

stupot07

Anyone's better than no-one ! We need to keep Juke but Parkin up front with him might not be so bad ? Handy from corners, the lads like a battering ram

Anyone is better than no one? Perhaps we should resign Julian gray and Stephen Hughes!

edgy

I was holding out hope for a failed medical, but then I relised Dr Sisu will be performing it.

Thorny Subject

The facts are, and always were, that we were going to lose players this window. Turner is almost gone and Juke will be. We need to back the team with whatever we have.

In my view Parkin could be a real fan favourite if he puts himself around a bit. We will be in a relegation fight, and we need the sort of characters to stand up and be counted. Feed the Beast and he will score...

CovisGod

Anyone is better than no one? Perhaps we should resign Julian gray and Stephen Hughes!

Well yeah, what I mean is we have a bare bones squad, injuries and suspensions will pile up before long and then what ? An extra body in a Cov shirt can't be a bad thing in my opinion, were incredibly lacking in numbers...

C

Clive Plattini

It's a shame Juke is probably leaving as I think he and the Beast could have been a good partnership. Would have meant that Juke wouldn't have had to do the job of 2 strikers on his own. I've always thought Parkin was a cracking finisher and hopefully he will be getting onto the end of a few crosses this season.

Still think we need a creative player to actually create some chances for our striker, whoever he is going to be.

howzer

Banned
i remeber everyone laughing when we signed mickey quin too, but they were soon singing his name,. me personally i love parkin, when ever i have seen him i have noticed our defence have problems with him.. that is it guys he would be a great big strong presence in the opposition area, some one for the likes of jukebox to play off. we are such a weak team, it will do us some good to have powerhouse up front.

Users who are viewing this thread