Paul Cook "I will never leave this club" (1 Viewer)

steve82

Today joined Wigan on a three year deal... having said three weeks ago...
‘I will not seek to move anywhere.
‘If I was to get offers from any clubs higher than Pompey, that doesn’t matter to me.

‘I would love to continue managing this club, I will not leave this club unless it was for a reason why the club wanted me to leave.

‘I would never leave this club.

‘I love the club, I love managing the club, it’s a fantastic club. For my future, I want to be here.
Strange given the man headed by a takeover publicly stated he wanted him as manager...
Prospective owner Michael Eisner has already publicly delivered his backing for the manager to remain in place should he take over the club.

Pompey boss: I will never leave this club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

File every single interview with players and managers about loyalty to the club they are at under 'bollocks' and you'll be fine. It's a career.

steve82

There is no loyalty in football now, we as fans no it so why do players/managers say it??
It's likely only the kit mans that's the last loyal part of any football club.
Still I don't blame cook for leaving on a high, could of been sacked by October for underachieving in the lower reaches of league one.
I also heard a interesting interview with him on fan owned clubs and stated they would struggle as a model to enter the championship and up. Clubs needs backers, owners. Fan ownership is small time.

skybluedan

Just so you all know. I love SBT, it's the only forum for me, I'll never leave. Even if bigger forums approach me I'm going no where.

Sounds like someone is trying to instigate a move there lad, think you'll end up at covmad

steve82

will this fuck up our chances of getting baker or improve them?

I'd say improve, new gaffer will come in and see what he's hit and who's got the fight for it.
If baker wants out which he will need to get his contract sorted by "mutual consent" for us to be in a position to sign him should MR be actually interested.

no_loyalty

I hope he doesn't try and sign the prodigal son Baker, that will really fuck our plans up

SkyblueBazza

Of the other side of this coin could be that Pompey's new owner was approached & gave permission to talk after telling Cook 'I shall bring my own man in'

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

speedie87

I reckon cool tipped Doyle off that he might be leaving himself hence Doyle signed for us so quickly

steve82

Kenny Jackett today appointed his replacement at Pompey

Users who are viewing this thread