Paul Lambert: "The club is too big not to bounce back" (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Sep 19, 2011
How many of us remember thinking & hearing that kind of line?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unlike us though stoke didn’t have a puppet chairman whose strings were pulled by people wanting their money back so prepared to sell anything and everything to the detriment of the club

They’ll be back

NorthernWisdom

Apr 23, 2013
Unlike us though stoke didn’t have a puppet chairman whose strings were pulled by people wanting their money back so prepared to sell anything and everything to the detriment of the club

They’ll be back
While I agree with the first bit, I'll reserve judgement on the last. They could go the way of Bolton, who also had a chairman who was seemingly altruistic while the debt grew and grew. Then he tired of funding them.

Coates is getting on a bit now. Maybe he'll decide to hand the club on to a favoured grandchild...

Liquid Gold

Sep 16, 2013
Brizzle
The problem with promotion from the championship is that the top 10 are probably just as good as the bottom 7/8/9 in the premier league so they have to deal with the new landscape, players wanting to leave and replace them correctly all in one summer.

skybluetony176

Aug 2, 2013
From what’s been said in the media by Butland the problems at Stoke run deep, the recruitment process seems to be a massive shambles for starters. Then you have Adams saying only a handful of players in the squad give a shit and try (which I found kind of ironic coming from Adams, when we played them in the cup I thought he looked about ten preseasons away from being match fit). Sounds like they have a major rebuilding program to do to me, maybe on and of the pitch before they can mount a serious promotion push. If I was a Stoke fan right now I’d take mid table mediocrity next season myself in the hope that they don’t do a Sunderland.

Last edited:

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
If they ditch Lambert, I think they have a good chance of getting straight back up

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
I think they will go straight back up as they will spend a bit from the Butland sale.

SkyblueBazza

Jun 19, 2012
I think they will go straight back up as they will spend a bit from the Butland sale.
Yeah...the Vile, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Leeds, Birmingham, Reading & Coventry are all clubs that thought it was a walk in the park too. Splash a bit of cash when relegated via selling a star player or two...enter the relegation battle!

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Yeah...the Vile, Bolton, Blackburn, Wigan, Leeds, Birmingham, Reading & Coventry are all clubs that thought it was a walk in the park too. Splash a bit of cash when relegated via selling a star player or two...enter the relegation battle!

Nah can’t see it as they will have serious cash to spend and will still have some good players left like berahino;)

SkyblueBazza

Jun 19, 2012
Nah can’t see it as they will have serious cash to spend and will still have some good players left like berahino;)
Like we were gonna piss The Championship? Oh...and L1? ...oh and L2?

Play-off don't get classed as pissing it

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton

We should have pissed the championship that was strachans fault

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy

The amount of money in the top levels is a lot higher compared to when we were relegated nearly 20 years ago. They will have the cash to rebuild properly and go up.

SkyblueBazza

Jun 19, 2012
We should have pissed the championship that was strachans fault
Which is kinda my point really.

The Vile were many people's favourites for auto/pissing it, just like we were back in the day. Stoke might have money - but who are they going to attract? Some reckon they have the quality to not have got relegated in the first place - just like we did!

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
Which is kinda my point really.

The Vile were many people's favourites for auto/pissing it, just like we were back in the day. Stoke might have money - but who are they going to attract? Some reckon they have the quality to not have got relegated in the first place - just like we did!

If they can get the right man in charge somebody like Warnock the rest will be ok when they sell Butland and Shaqiri and spend that £50 million, I can see West Brom being the strugglers as they have no money and nobody of any value to sell

tisza

Aug 2, 2011
needs to check the size of some of the other clubs in the Championship - Plenty of clubs similar if not bigger than Stoke there for sure

Users who are viewing this thread