Pay on the gate? (1 Viewer)

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Is it £20?

Sky Blue Sheepy

Having the fans all together (for the most part anyway) made such a difference, though trying to use the toilets was fun I'm told...

Nick

Administrator
Yes because you only had a couple of toilets rather them from the other stand there were big queues

tehspecialone

Facebook User
You missed a great day :claping hands:

Bad decision, you missed a great peformance. Make sure you're at Crewe if you can. Genuinely feels like we've turned a corner alebit one game.

How was the atmosphere?

I'll be at the Walsall game hopefully. Still don't see myself going to the Ricoh any time soon. Not for £20 at least.

And how many times since we were relegated from the Premier League has it felt like we've turned a corner? Enjoy the performance, and victory, but there's no sense in getting over-excited yet.

LastGarrison

How was the atmosphere?

I'll be at the Walsall game hopefully. Still don't see myself going to the Ricoh any time soon. Not for £20 at least.

And how many times since we were relegated from the Premier League has it felt like we've turned a corner? Enjoy the performance, and victory, but there's no sense in getting over-excited yet.

It was decent considerng the Wigan fans didn't add anything to it.

Good to see a few a few faces up there that I hadn't seen in a while as well.

Astute

Doesnt make sense does it. Some people won't spend £20 to watch us at home, but will spend buy tickets dearer than that at other clubs, plus travel/food/drink to watch us at some dump.

Most of those that I meet up with at away games are STH's or go to as many home games as they can. You can't tar everyone with the same brush just because a few on here moan about prices being a reason for not going. Also, an away day costs much more for our local supporters than a home game. So an extra quid or two for a ticket doesn't make much difference overall.

mark82

How was the atmosphere?

We are one of the cheapest tickets in the league and it's £18 if you buy online in advance. I bought a match package at early bird prices which works out £13 a game.

The club do a lot of things wrong, this year's ticket prices isn't one of them.

skybluesam66

249 for 23 games on season ticked
lets say i can only go to 20 (which will be about right) -still £12,50 a week .
Alternatively i can pay £13 to go and watch nuneaton in the league below the conference

skybluebeduff

£20 is only the walk up price, order online and it's £18, you simply can't moan at that, bloody tight fisted fookers..

Ashdown

The prices are solid now. Fair play to those who committed early and get a great { hopefully } deal. Personally I'm happy to pay £20 if the offering is as good as Saturday.

tehspecialone

Facebook User
I used to get a season ticket every year, that was usually better value for money. Since everything that happened with Sixfields, I've only been back to the Ricoh once, for the Crewe game last season.

Apart from our first season there, the atmosphere at the Ricoh is usually dead. I don't want to pay £20 to sit in a soulless arena and watch league one quality football.

Away games generally have a much better atmosphere, if I'm not going every week I don't mind paying £20 for it. If we play good football it might even get me going up to the Ricoh again.

As far as I'm concerned, the club had a loyal supporter. I had a season ticket, I went to a lot of away games. I put up with the owners, and awful football for a long time. Then sixfields happened, and it's up to the club to earn my trust back, before I spend my money going back to the Ricoh.

tehspecialone

Facebook User
Just because we offer a good price compared to other clubs doesn't make it good value for money.

When it comes to money, football generally takes the piss.

Rusty Trombone

Just because we offer a good price compared to other clubs doesn't make it good value for money.

When it comes to money, football generally takes the piss.

I'd say us offering a good price compared to other clubs would help define value for money in this instance, but I guess opinions differ on the matter.

JimmyHillsbeard

I used to get a season ticket every year, that was usually better value for money. Since everything that happened with Sixfields, I've only been back to the Ricoh once, for the Crewe game last season.

Apart from our first season there, the atmosphere at the Ricoh is usually dead. I don't want to pay £20 to sit in a soulless arena and watch league one quality football.

Away games generally have a much better atmosphere, if I'm not going every week I don't mind paying £20 for it. If we play good football it might even get me going up to the Ricoh again.

As far as I'm concerned, the club had a loyal supporter. I had a season ticket, I went to a lot of away games. I put up with the owners, and awful football for a long time. Then sixfields happened, and it's up to the club to earn my trust back, before I spend my money going back to the Ricoh.

Ok, but this is a completely different argument to the one you used yesterday when you said you were unlikely to be back at the Ricoh *at £20 a ticket*

If the price isn't the issue, why bring it up?

Users who are viewing this thread