People attacking Paramedics (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Do people really do this? It is up there with people who attack Firemen / people.

Reading about it happening in Nuneaton recently, these people should be black listed from ever making a 999 call.

NorthernWisdom

There are always some amazingly stupid people about.

Even on the lower level, I used to live on an estate where the buses would stop now and again for a few months because the locals would throw rocks/fireworks at the wdriver windows and into the buses themselves.

Of course all that meant is nobody could get anywhere without walking 40 minutes to where the buses would go from. Really intelligent, that...

xcraigx

The people who do this are vermin. There's been a couple of instances of paramedics being attacked and firefighters being called out to set up fires and then bricked around my neck of the woods recently.

Otis

Do people really do this? It is up there with people who attack Firemen / people.

Reading about it happening in Nuneaton recently, these people should be black listed from ever making a 999 call.
It's just unbelievable isn't it. Can only understand it if someone is so heavily under the influence that they are not in control of their actions and in those circumstances they still should be at least questioned by the police and charged if deemed necessary.

Would also consider them paying costs too.

Fireman and paramedics? Words fail me.

Nick

Administrator
It's just unbelievable isn't it. Can only understand it if someone is so heavily under the influence that they are not in control of their actions and in those circumstances they still should be at least questioned by the police and charged if deemed necessary.

Would also consider them paying costs too.

Fireman and paramedics? Words fail me.

I can sort of see why somebody would with a policeman if they were being restrained (not that I agree with it). A fireman or Paramedic I don't get at all.

It makes you wonder how some people are brought up, I know some horrible bastards but they wouldn't whack a woman paramedic.

wingy

Even on the lower level, I used to live on an estate where the buses would stop now and again for a few months because the locals would throw rocks/fireworks at the wdriver windows and into the buses themselves.

Of course all that meant is nobody could get anywhere without walking 40 minutes to where the buses would go from. Really intelligent, that...
Sounds like Brownsover NW.

Macca

It's the increasing population of the semi feral human. More of a threat to society than any terrorist group

mechaishida

I take the hard-line stance on scum like this, the shameless dregs of human existence: I would have the fire services and paramedics armed with Tazers.

That would halt the issue, protect the emergency service personnel adequately and give those little degenerates bastards a few thousand volts of wattage up their shitty arses as punishment.

Think they'd do it again, after a hefty Tazering? Nah, me neither.

Terry Gibson's perm

Why does anybody want to attack anybody, especially somebody you may need one day.

bringbackrattles

Why does anybody want to attack anybody, especially somebody you may need one day.
Walking down Windmill Road on Saturday night going home after having a few beers when some young punk on a bike rode past me,then another one did the same.I thought they're weighing me up for a mugging I reckon,as they both looked shifty etc but I thought if they do I'll give the first one such a dig the other will back off ? Anyway they had second thoughts as they cycled off,but if I'd had a load to drink and wobbling I could have been an easy target.It shows you do need to be alert !

Nick

Administrator
Walking down Windmill Road on Saturday night going home after having a few beers when some young punk on a bike rode past me,then another one did the same.I thought they're weighing me up for a mugging I reckon,as they both looked shifty etc but I thought if they do I'll give the first one such a dig the other will back off ? Anyway they had second thoughts as they cycled off,but if I'd had a load to drink and wobbling I could have been an easy target.It shows you do need to be alert !

Stick through the front wheel and close line the other one!

mechaishida

Yep, I've had this as well, when I was living in The Valleys. Cold night, just coming back from the shop, there they were hanging around the car park...I knew it was coming, so I got a fag out, lit it, stopped in my tracks to face them and said: "Bit chilly tonight, innit, boys? Got anything to warm me up 'en, or wha'?"

Their faces were priceless...a mixture of confusion and odd disgust. Off they went, not a word or a punch flung in anger. :D

Only twice I've had to resort to violence in public: one was the scumbag nicking my Iceland shopping and the other was a knob whacking his girlfriend outside a pub whom I chokeslammed into the pavement.

I'd advocate ANYONE, including Paramedics and Firemen, to defend themselves by any means necessary in order to protect themselves. Who is of more value? A trained, educated, selfless civil servant, or an a-moral shithead who likes hitting people to feel personal worth.

Hmm, nyeees, toughie that one.

bringbackrattles

Yep, I've had this as well, when I was living in The Valleys. Cold night, just coming back from the shop, there they were hanging around the car park...I knew it was coming, so I got a fag out, lit it, stopped in my tracks to face them and said: "Bit chilly tonight, innit, boys? Got anything to warm me up 'en, or wha'?"

Their faces were priceless...a mixture of confusion and odd disgust. Off they went, not a word or a punch flung in anger. :D

Only twice I've had to resort to violence in public: one was the scumbag nicking my Iceland shopping and the other was a knob whacking his girlfriend outside a pub whom I chokeslammed into the pavement.

I'd advocate ANYONE, including Paramedics and Firemen, to defend themselves by any means necessary in order to protect themselves. Who is of more value? A trained, educated, selfless civil servant, or an a-moral shithead who likes hitting people to feel personal worth.

Hmm, nyeees, toughie that one.
You get a sixth sense I reckon when trouble is about to kick off,so I was ready for it with those two spunk bubbles. They bottled it as I wasn't an old person with a stick,or pissed and all over the place.About 4 years ago a similar thing happened but with two teenagers larking about on the street,and as I walked past them one stupidly tried to trip me up showing off to his mate.He was shocked when I nutted him and he started crying and his pal ran off ! He was about 19 so I didn't feel bad about it,I told him watch who you mess about with as you could get worse next time,he sobbed saying sorry and walked off. Not saying it was right,but it was on impulse !

Sumo the Micky Quinn

When I drove buses in Warwickshire, Bus drivers used to dread Halloween time, the time clocks went back and got dark about 6 o'clock.

Driving through Bedworth I had a full can of coke hit the windscreen, thrown from behind a bush on the edge of an open park (By the old Stuart Edwards).

On another occasion I was driving through Wood End (not Coventry) nr Tamworth and a group of 10, 14-ish year old kids walked in front of me forcing me to slow down then got on their hands and knees and crawled across the road, I pipped my horn, mainly to attract attention from any one in a house nearby, one lad then got up off the floor and was punching the windscreen of the bus, no passengers were on board at the time. Another lad got up and flung half a can of beer at the windscreen, beer was dripping all down the window, at that point they spotted someone and then ran.

I had windows put through on 2 occasions, on one occasion I had 2 windows, next to each other, put through with one stone, both in broad daylight. I also saw a Travel Coventry bus had 3 windows put through in Foleshill, one stone/brick went straight through from side to the other.

Fortunatly no one was hurt on these occasions, but seeing a can of coke coming out of no where, travelling at 30mph and trying to duck and realising the windscreen is just chipped certainly shits you up.

I have cousin's who are paramedics, some of the stories they told me. They get a lot of abuse. They have a duty of care, so they usually patch up the worse victim first, and they get accused of helping the wrong person. Usually through drink.

I also remember one story of one of my cousins threatening to leave them on the floor to die, A lad was on his own, been stabbed and the they were trying to stop the bleeding, the lad was telling them to leave him alone, he didn't realise how bad he was bleeding, after a few punches from the lad towards my cousin, bruised her arm, she persuaded him to stop when he finally realised how bad he had been stabbed, she told him he had about an hour before he bleed to death.

Basically some of the reasons why I chose to move out of the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread