Pest exterminators enter the Wasps Nest? (1 Viewer)

SBT

They will not want us there as they see us as a threat. How on earth of we a cash cow? They get a small rent and a high proportion of small margin food and beverage.

They want the Ricoh as I'm led to understand to be a home of rugby. They believe this will be commercially beneficial as it can lead to them having internationals if both sports and become a major venue as a home of rugby. The football club is a distraction in league one and if it's fortunes get better a major problem to the football as a sport having a stronger identity.

The negotiations are as I believe failing badly. Wasps want a huge increase in rent, no concessions at all on other incomes and an increase on rent if there is promotion. It's unworkable but they will of course issue a statement saying CCFC reject the offer and idiots like you will just swallow it.

I'm not being funny but you do seem a bit dumb at times. If I was running them I would want the club out especially as the public will accept the PR crap I then come out with. It's not about revenue on a small scale it's about mission statements of being the biggest club in Europe - that's not achieved if the spectre of a predator from a far bigger sport is lurking in the same nest.

I don't really see why CCFC playing at the Ricoh stands in the way of it becoming a "home of rugby" (whatever that means). Wembley hosts all kinds of sports, including rugby - does that mean it's not the "home of football"?

Be objective about it. If Bruce Springsteen told Wasps that he wanted to play at the Ricoh every other weekend, on their terms, do you think they'd say no, in case it damaged their "home of rugby" masterplan?

stupot07

So if we are forced out by Wasps to another location, the Butts.
They will gain 2-3k additional fan base . That they wouldn't have if we have stayed at the Ricoh?
Stu I know you despise Wasps but you are normally incredibly rational.
Have a bit of a think about what you are saying.
Step back from it put your hatred of Wasps away and just look at what you are suggesting.
If the people running Wasps have business plans like this. Then I think we have nothing to worry about they will be in administration within two years!!!

It has absolutely nothing to do with my hatred of wasps.

Are wasps not trying to build a fan base in Coventry? Are wasps not giving away lots of free tickets in trying to gain a fan base? Are wasps not going into schools, giving free tickets and promoting themselves to help build up a Coventry and warwickshire fan base? Are wasps not competition for peoples leisure time money in Coventry and warwickshire

You're the one that says if we go to the butts there will be thousands of fans locked out with money to burn and nowhere to go. Do you not think wasps will want to try and tempt them and turn them into paying wasps customers?

I'm not saying that us moving out means immediately an increase of 2-3k attendances/customers for them, it would be gradual and its about wasPs identity.

If you think about it rationally it makes total sense. On the current deal they probably only make £250k from us with rent and profits on f&bs (because compass contract) and car parking. If we stay I believe rent will go up probably to around £350-400k and we'll get no extra revenues. So let's say £500k pa revenues - do you not think building up another 2-3k fan base paying for tickers, their f&bs are more than football, selling merchandise, shirts, spin off on sponsorship deals, etc, is not worth more than having a league one club renting?

I honestly can't believe you think thah wasps won't have boosting customer base and identity in Coventry as one of their main strands of their business plan.

This is nothing to do with my dislike of wasps, this is exactly what I would be expecting us to do in a similar position.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

It has absolutely nothing to do with my hatred of wasps.

Are wasps not trying to build a fan base in Coventry? Are wasps not giving away lots of free tickets in trying to gain a fan base? Are wasps not going into schools, giving free tickets and promoting themselves to help build up a Coventry and warwickshire fan base? Are wasps not competition for peoples leisure time money in Coventry and warwickshire

You're the one that says if we go to the butts there will be thousands of fans locked out with money to burn and nowhere to go. Do you not think wasps will want to try and tempt them and turn them into paying wasps customers?

I'm not saying that us moving out means immediately an increase of 2-3k attendances/customers for them, it would be gradual and its about wasPs identity.

If you think about it rationally it makes total sense. On the current deal they probably only make £250k from us with rent and profits on f&bs (because compass contract) and car parking. If we stay I believe rent will go up probably to around £350-400k and we'll get no extra revenues. So let's say £500k pa revenues - do you not think building up another 2-3k fan base paying for tickers, their f&bs are more than football, selling merchandise, shirts, spin off on sponsorship deals, etc, is not worth more than having a league one club renting?

I honestly can't believe you think thah wasps won't have boosting customer base and identity in Coventry as one of their main strands of their business plan.

This is nothing to do with my dislike of wasps, this is exactly what I would be expecting us to do in a similar position.

I think boosting their customer base is one of their primary objectives.
However forcing us to the Butts Arena will be in conflict with that objective.
Keeping us at the Ricoh would be less of a threat to them.

stupot07

Depends on how they spin it. Everyone hates sisu, all they've got to do is say they were open to it but sisu wanted too much which they couldn't give them, so it was sisus choice to leave. Everyone would lap it up. In fact Anderson and his 17 things we would need in order to stay at the Ricoh sets wasps up nicely, we're demanding stuff.

Otis

There are seemingly City supporters also going to watch Wasps. Wasps have got to be careful not to lose those fans because they have pissed them off by denying CCFC a place to play.

stupot07

There are seemingly City supporters also going to watch Wasps. Wasps have got to be careful not to lose those fans because they have pissed them off by denying CCFC a place to play.
It all depends on what strategy they use. If they can't or say they can't meet all or enough of the 17 things we need and ccfc say they have no choice but to leave, it won't harm Wasp's in anyway, fans will say wasps aren't a charity and need the money and sisu are being unreasonable with their demands, especially if JR2 is under way.
This is what I think will happen. I don't expect wasps just to turf us out.

Grendel

As OSB has also indicated wasps are very rigid in their stance. They have one agenda and it's poles apart from what the club want.

Wasps only have to look at this forum to see how with very minimal effort they can spin this to be the clubs fault.

"We wanted them but they see a different direction"

They want their brand to be the biggest in its sport. If that's realistic or not is not the point. The point is they see that as their aim.

We are irrelevant. We know one poster on here who goes to both and do you really believe it will piss him off and he will blame them.

italiahorse

They will not want us there as they see us as a threat. How on earth of we a cash cow? They get a small rent and a high proportion of small margin food and beverage.

They want the Ricoh as I'm led to understand to be a home of rugby. They believe this will be commercially beneficial as it can lead to them having internationals if both sports and become a major venue as a home of rugby. The football club is a distraction in league one and if it's fortunes get better a major problem to the football as a sport having a stronger identity.

The negotiations are as I believe failing badly. Wasps want a huge increase in rent, no concessions at all on other incomes and an increase on rent if there is promotion. It's unworkable but they will of course issue a statement saying CCFC reject the offer and idiots like you will just swallow it.

I'm not being funny but you do seem a bit dumb at times. If I was running them I would want the club out especially as the public will accept the PR crap I then come out with. It's not about revenue on a small scale it's about mission statements of being the biggest club in Europe - that's not achieved if the spectre of a predator from a far bigger sport is lurking in the same nest.

£100K a year? Hmmm

olderskyblue

Interesting.

If this was ACL or CCC rumours, there would be lots of posts about how the PR machine is in full swing....

Maybe it is

martcov

As OSB has also indicated wasps are very rigid in their stance. They have one agenda and it's poles apart from what the club want.

Wasps only have to look at this forum to see how with very minimal effort they can spin this to be the clubs fault.

"We wanted them but they see a different direction"

They want their brand to be the biggest in its sport. If that's realistic or not is not the point. The point is they see that as their aim.

We are irrelevant. We know one poster on here who goes to both and do you really believe it will piss him off and he will blame them.

It is not that simple. If they want to be "the" Rugby Club in Cov, then the Last thing they need is a stadium with 2 or maybe 3 sportsclubs - including their own sport - nicking fans and taking - maybe some Potential stadium revenue for smaller events. I don't see them making life easy by accepting 17 points - that sounds like accepting an ultimatum and some points are probably there to be negotiated on. But they must factor the future stadium competition in - push to the limit, but not force us into making a large Investment and create possibly dangerous competition.. Expect PR wars until a deal has been made either way..

Warwickhunt

Prey tell me what the WASPS stance would be if lets say next season they were rubbish and the worst scenario happened and they got relegated? It would be a financial disaster! In my opinion they still do not get enough supporters through the door as it is in there own right.

Philosorapter

...Be objective about it. If Bruce Springsteen told Wasps that he wanted to play at the Ricoh every other weekend, on their terms, do you think they'd say no....

There's only so many times a month you can listen to 'Born to Run'.

Astute

And I thought that all you knew about was that the rent is too high and that it was all about the income from the food and beverage as it comes to so much that we won't be able to compete without it.

Sick Boy

I see we still have fans desperate to portray ccfc in a negative light and continue attacking fellow supporters while defending a London rugby club who would love to see our club fold.

hutch1972

Prey tell me what the WASPS stance would be if lets say next season they were rubbish and the worst scenario happened and they got relegated? It would be a financial disaster! In my opinion they still do not get enough supporters through the door as it is in there own right.
Spot on , they have spent so long dishing out freebies that they have forgotten people used to pay to get in.

Astute

I see we still have fans desperate to portray ccfc in a negative light and continue attacking fellow supporters while defending a London rugby club who would love to see our club fold.
Portray CCFC in a negative light?

You have similar views to some others on here. You will say that SISU are not CCFC. But if someone says something against SISU you try to make out that it is aimed against CCFC.

Users who are viewing this thread