Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine (1 Viewer)

Will you willingly have the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 39 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

LastGarrison

Simple one but if offered would you have it?

Is your answer different for yourself than it is for your children/parents/grandparents etc.?

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

wingy

It was more theoretical to see if opinions were different for themselves than for family members but point taken.
It may change of course , personally I'm a little confused as I'd have assumed if it's rationed or just targeted at a sector of the population I'd consider aiming it at the sub 50 age group ,the most active and mostly likely to spread it into the more at risk age group .

pastythegreat

Simple one but if offered would you have it?

Is your answer different for yourself than it is for your children/parents/grandparents etc.?
Im not in any sort of rush to get it.

If an announcement came out, and we were told that fans could only attend matches if they'd had one, then I'd be first in line.

The way I see it and my argument with friends and family is this. This year, 5 children in the UK have died from Covid. 1 of those was to be thought fit and healthy, the other 4 all had health conditions. Over 180 children this year have dies of the flu (both figures i could find were end of Aug so may differ slightly now if anyone can find more up to date info, I couldnt). 48% of those are under 5, my Daughters age bracket (5) and 52% of thoseare 6-16, my sons age bracket (12). As an otherwise fit and healthy 35 year old with 2 children in my care, what should I be more worried about? What has more chance of killing somebody in my house/immediate family bubble? The flu! The god damn flu. Something that nobody bats an eyelid about. Something that only 2 years ago (yes, 2018) killed just short of 29k people in England and Wales.
So the flu killed 29k people 2 years ago, and kills FAR more children than Covid, yet it isn't the flu that has kept me at home for off work for 9months, it isn't the flu that kept my kids off school for 6 months, it wasnt the flu that made me wear a mask to the shops or closed down pubs! Where are the daily BBC flu updates on contractions and deaths? People would be just as worried about the flu if it was treated by the media like covid.
Yes, covid is a killer! Yes, covid can fucking knock you about like a c**t! But no different to the flu imho. Yet the flu doesn't stop the world.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

The reaction would be the same if the flu came out of nowhere, was presenting new symptoms and reactions as we learned about it and we had not yet developed a vaccine for it. Of course this is different

shmmeee

If an announcement came out, and we were told that fans could only attend matches if they'd had one, then I'd be first in line.

The way I see it and my argument with friends and family is this. This year, 5 children in the UK have died from Covid. 1 of those was to be thought fit and healthy, the other 4 all had health conditions. Over 180 children this year have dies of the flu (both figures i could find were end of Aug so may differ slightly now if anyone can find more up to date info, I couldnt). 48% of those are under 5, my Daughters age bracket (5) and 52% of thoseare 6-16, my sons age bracket (12). As an otherwise fit and healthy 35 year old with 2 children in my care, what should I be more worried about? What has more chance of killing somebody in my house/immediate family bubble? The flu! The god damn flu. Something that nobody bats an eyelid about. Something that only 2 years ago (yes, 2018) killed just short of 29k people in England and Wales.
So the flu killed 29k people 2 years ago, and kills FAR more children than Covid, yet it isn't the flu that has kept me at home for off work for 9months, it isn't the flu that kept my kids off school for 6 months, it wasnt the flu that made me wear a mask to the shops or closed down pubs! Where are the daily BBC flu updates on contractions and deaths? People would be just as worried about the flu if it was treated by the media like covid.
Yes, covid is a killer! Yes, covid can fucking knock you about like a c**t! But no different to the flu imho. Yet the flu doesn't stop the world.

Flu is very very different. How are we nine months into a pandemic and people still don’t know this.

Pro Tip: Karen off Facebook and Dave off YouTube don’t know more about epidemiology than the entire worlds medical profession.

FFS this bullshit needs to stop.

pastythegreat

Flu is very very different. How are we nine months into a pandemic and people still don’t know this.

Pro Tip: Karen off Facebook and Dave off YouTube don’t know more about epidemiology than the entire worlds medical profession.

FFS this bullshit needs to stop.
They are very different yes. 1 has killed 5 children, the other, over 180. Now I'm no expert or scientist, but as a parent, surely the one that is a bigger threat to my children is the one I should be more worried about?!?!

Sorry if me trying to protect my kids is "bullshit" in your unwanted opinion, but thanks for stopping by!

shmmeee

They are very different yes. 1 has killed 5 children, the other, over 180. Now I'm no expert or scientist, but as a parent, surely the one that is a bigger threat to my children is the one I should be more worried about?!?!

Sorry if me trying to protect my kids is "bullshit" in your unwanted opinion, but thanks for stopping by!

This just in: more people exist than just your kids.

And it’s not my opinion. It’s the collective knowledge of humanity.

Yes Flu is more dangerous to children. COVID is more dangerous full stop.

pastythegreat

This just in, I couldnt give a fuck about you or Steve from down the roads health and wellbeing.
I could give more than 100 fucks about my children though. And my job on this earth is to look after THEM and protect THEM. Not you or Steve or Jenny from the fucking block!

Why are you getting so fucking het up at me? Look, im following rules and staying home and wearing mask and everything you want of me, im just pointing out, that as a family man, the flu does and SHOULD concern me (not you or steve, ME) more than Covid does. If you want to panic about Covid, then by all means, carry on, dont let me stand in the way of your mass hysteria. But me, ill toe the line, but don't expect me to panic with the rest of you.

pastythegreat

This just in, I couldnt give a fuck about you or Steve from down the roads health and wellbeing.
I could give more than 100 fucks about my children though. And my job on this earth is to look after THEM and protect THEM. Not you or Steve or Jenny from the fucking block!

Why are you getting so fucking het up at me? Look, im following rules and staying home and wearing mask and everything you want of me, im just pointing out, that as a family man, the flu does and SHOULD concern me (not you or steve, ME) more than Covid does. If you want to panic about Covid, then by all means, carry on, dont let me stand in the way of your mass hysteria. But me, ill toe the line, but don't expect me to panic with the rest of you.

fernandopartridge

There is a flu vaccine and 2 to 11 year olds are entitled to a free one, the comparison is pointless.

pastythegreat

There is a flu vaccine and 2 to 11 year olds are entitled to a free one, the comparison is pointless.
How is the comparison pointless?
The flu has a vaccine (a "cure") yet it STILL killed 180 children. Covid has no vaccine, yet only killed 5 children! How is my comparison pointless?

fernandopartridge

How is the comparison pointless?
The flu has a vaccine (a "cure") yet it STILL killed 180 children. Covid has no vaccine, yet only killed 5 children! How is my comparison pointless?

The point you made was that life doesn't stop for the flu, which is true because there is a vaccination programme which millions of people take part in every year.

Have you got a link to your data?

Grendel

pastythegreat

The point you made was that life doesn't stop for the flu, which is true because there is a vaccination programme which millions of people take part in every year.

Have you got a link to your data?

Look, shmee seems to think I'm not taking covud seriously, I am, its a killer. People might think I'm sat here in a tin foil hat denying it all saying its a conspiracy, im not! I get it, covid kills people. Of that im certain. What I'm saying though, is MY personal situation states that im more lively to be affected by the flu, therefore have taken the appropriate actions to help prevent that.

With respect, a complete stranger dying from covid is of far less importance to me than my children dying of the flu. And as my children are far more susceptible to the flu, that is my concern. Yes, I still take action to not contract coronavirus and will do until told otherwise. But I wont be rushing out for a vaccine until there is proof of no side effects or aftermath.

Last edited:

Bugsy

jimmyhillsfanclub

I'll probably take the vaccine......but I won't be pushing to the front of the queue & am happy to wait until its been properly tested.....

I'll see how it goes with the first couple million guinea pigs first.

The way the roll out is being suggested, I'm guessing at 49, I'll probably be in line to get it just before next winter which'll do for me.

NorthernWisdom

The way the roll out is being suggested, I'm guessing at 49, I'll probably be in line to get it just before next winter which'll do for me.
The mid 40s will end up in a sweet spot of not being vaccinated, but being asked to carry on, I reckon.

Although tbf, my job doesn't need me to go out much, so as long as Mrs Wisdom is OK, that's the main thing!

Bugsy

By the time I get asked to have it (mid 30s with asthma) I think it’ll be very clear if it’s safe and works or not.
I don’t see why I would refuse it to be fair.

SBT

Look, shmee seems to think I'm not taking covud seriously, I am, its a killer. People might think I'm sat here in a tin foil hat denying it all saying its a conspiracy, im not! I get it, covid kills people. Of that im certain. What I'm saying though, is MY personal situation states that im more lively to be affected by the flu, therefore have taken the appropriate actions to help prevent that.

With respect, a complete stranger dying from covid is of far less importance to me than my children dying of the flu. And as my children are far more susceptible to the flu, that is my concern. Yes, I still take action to not contract coronavirus and will do until told otherwise. But I wont be rushing out for a vaccine until there is proof of no side effects or aftermath.

I totally get where you're coming from but we've all got a collective responsibility as well as a responsibility to our own families. You could argue you were more likely to get hurt by falling down the stairs or crashing your car in the dark, than you were from a German bomb in the Blitz. But if you used that excuse to not take part in the blackout, then your neighbours aren't going to be too happy with you.

The tragedy of this virus is that it's fucking over people left, right and centre, including those who could probably carry on their lives as normal. It seems like the vaccine is currently the best hope of ending that long-term. So while it may not make a difference to your kids' health, it could make a huge difference to their ability to go to school, get a job, go on holiday, go out for dinner etc etc

fernandopartridge

I totally get where you're coming from but we've all got a collective responsibility as well as a responsibility to our own families. You could argue you were more likely to get hurt by falling down the stairs or crashing your car in the dark, than you were from a German bomb in the Blitz. But if you used that excuse to not take part in the blackout, then your neighbours aren't going to be too happy with you.

The tragedy of this virus is that it's fucking over people left, right and centre, including those who could probably carry on their lives as normal. It seems like the vaccine is currently the best hope of ending that long-term. So while it may not make a difference to your kids' health, it could make a huge difference to their ability to go to school, get a job, go on holiday, go out for dinner etc etc

You try telling that to "I'm alright, Jack" UK. No such thing as society etc.

pastythegreat

I fully agree, hence why I wear a mask and stay home where possible and social distance. Im not for 1 minute doubting covid and I do take precautions. Just, for me, right now, the vaccine isn't a priority and there are plenty of people out there who would benefit from it much more than I would. If in 12-18 months time they feel the need to vaccinate everyone and not just the vulnerable then ill reasses the situation then. But for now, im in no major rush.

fernandopartridge

TBH if they vaccinated all NHS patient facing staff and care workers, that'd be a significant undertaking and would cut down potential lines of transmission massively in itself, there are 3m people employed in health and social care (not sure how many are patient facing)

RedSalmon

I have absolutely no issues with the vaccine and will have it at the first opportunity. To anyone not keen or has doubts then don't have it, simple as that really.
The vaccine will give whats called the 'umbrella effect' in as much as once you are vaccinated not only can you not get it you cannot therefore be capeable of passing it on to others. In that way transmission is reduced.

fernandopartridge

I have absolutely no issues with the vaccine and will have it at the first opportunity. To anyone not keen or has doubts then don't have it, simple as that really.
The vaccine will give whats called the 'umbrella effect' in as much as once you are vaccinated not only can you not get it you cannot therefore be capeable of passing it on to others. In that way transmission is reduced.

Indeed, in many respects that's the most important thing here. I wonder whether there has been any thinking about how to best afford indirect protection by vaccinating people who come in to close contact with more people than average?

Grendel

You try telling that to "I'm alright, Jack" UK. No such thing as society etc.

I think most people are ok with it it’s more likely the anti vac community will make a lot of noise and refuse to have it. Also when it’s rolled out to under 50’s I suspect a lot of youngsters will just not bother

SBT

I fully agree, hence why I wear a mask and stay home where possible and social distance. Im not for 1 minute doubting covid and I do take precautions. Just, for me, right now, the vaccine isn't a priority and there are plenty of people out there who would benefit from it much more than I would. If in 12-18 months time they feel the need to vaccinate everyone and not just the vulnerable then ill reasses the situation then. But for now, im in no major rush.

It's not a priority for you, but it's a priority for your mate who lost his job, or your friend whose kid can't go to school, or the landlord who could be serving a packed bar full of City fans six months from now. I'm not a priority case either, but I'm part of the chain whether I like it or not - the sooner I can get it, I'm rolling my sleeve up.

skybluetony176

I have a mate who thinks it’s all a hoax, the vaccine is a tracking system. I asked him what his sister thought of his opinion (his sister is a nurse) and she thinks he’s an idiot. I’ve pointed out to him that he’d rather listen to David Icke and Corbyns brother, known fruit loops over his own sister who’s seen Covid first hand on a pretty much daily basis over the year. He was also telling me about it being way to trace us on his new IPhone he was telling me about in the same conversation. Lost the plot totally.

The fact is “they” don’t need to use some sort of chip in a vaccine to trace us. “They” are already doing it through your phone, your car, anytime you log on the internet etc etc.

RedSalmon

I have a mate who thinks it’s all a hoax, the vaccine is a tracking system. I asked him what his sister thought of his opinion (his sister is a nurse) and she thinks he’s an idiot. I’ve pointed out to him that he’d rather listen to David Icke and Corbyns brother, known fruit loops over his own sister who’s seen Covid first hand on a pretty much daily basis over the year. He was also telling me about it being way to trace us on his new IPhone he was telling me about in the same conversation. Lost the plot totally.

The fact is “they” don’t need to use some sort of chip in a vaccine to trace us. “They” are already doing it through your phone, your car, anytime you log on the internet etc etc.

It is totally off the wall logic, why the fuck would 'they' want to track everyone? Never understood that mindset.

Users who are viewing this thread