Phillips (1 Viewer)

Adge

If he needs to learn let him do it elsewhere on loan. He might come back a far better player for it.
Mmmm, not sure about that. Bigi springs to mind!

Liquid Gold

Indeed! Only one who rates Phillips is his old man. Won' be anywhere near the team when everyone is fit anyway-bit like Haynes on the other side.
Don't get the "young player needs to learn" non-sense either. How long do we wait-he is now 22?

I didn't realise he's 22, far too old to be given slack as a young player. He won't make it at this level if he's looking completely out of his depth at 22, need to be let go when we can cover RB. Anybody know when his contract expires?

Last edited:

Adge

I didn't realise he's 22, far too old to be given slack as a young player. He won't make it at this level if he's looking completely out of his depth at 22, need to be let go when we can cover RB. Anybody know when his contract expires?
Absolutely! If that's the case maybe we could give Conor Thomas till he is 30 to come good?

KG7

He just lacks a little bit of nous. Will be a cracking player for someone, perhaps us, perhaps not. Needs another fifty first team games for someone to improve his experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

He just lacks a little bit of nous. Will be a cracking player for someone, perhaps us, perhaps not. Needs another fifty first team games for someone to improve his experience.

Can we afford to do that if we want to be challenging at the top end of the division?

The answer unfortunately is no.

Best thing is a loan where he can ply his trade and gain experience at a lower level.

KG7

Can we afford to do that if we want to be challenging at the top end of the division?

The answer unfortunately is no.

Best thing is a loan where he ply his trade at a lower level.

No I agree. He's been looking like he understands the match better the last few games (actually yesterday in the first half I thought the same). But that mistake was such a poor error of judgement in so many ways. (All of our defenders were doing this like this in the last few years). Look at Ricketts. He always makes a precise decision and is never rash. A stint on loan in L2 or at the bottom end of L1 will do him the world of good.

Calista

He can play, but looks like a square peg in a round hole. Surely he’d make a better central midfielder?

chiefdave

He needs games, just not with us. Problem is we're thin on the ground so until we have someone to come in and replace him we haven't got a great deal of choice.

Otis

He needs games, just not with us. Problem is we're thin on the ground so until we have someone to come in and replace him we haven't got a great deal of choice.
Anyone know where Lorentzson lives, cos I am happy to go round everyday and keep rubbing Deep Heat on his legs and thighs until he is better.

Otis

True but he had to drop out the football league to get the game time in order to develop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Well I think that may need to happen to Phillips. A drop down to League Two or the Conference could do him a world of good. Let him learn his trade.

Otis

Just checked and his contract is up in the summer. Time to let him go perhaps?

If he had a couple of years left of his contract I could understand sending him out on a season long loan, but if he's out of contract in just a few months time I don't see the point of offering him a contract to then send him on loan.

rupert_bear

I will say this re Phillips I have only regarded him a make shift full back always thought he was more of a midfielder have my doubts if he will be here though

AFCCOVENTRY

He isn't a L1 defender and probably now even a L2 defender. He should drop to non league and make his way up.

Skyblueweeman

Lorentzen and Willis both looked ok on Saturday. I know it's hard to tell just by looking at someone but neither had crutches or anything and were walking/moving just fine. Not sure how that relates to in terms of when they're coming back but I'd say sooner rather than later.

Anyone know when Martin is back? I think I must have missed his injury whilst away before Xmas...is it a long time out?

ms639

I genuinely believe Phillips is the worst player we have in our squad (bar perhaps Connor Thomas) I was there at Swindon away when he gave away that awful last minute penalty, defensively he looks awful his awareness is shocking. He never covers in behind and his decision making is about the worst i've seen. This guy is not a youngster by any stretch of the imagination and has had plenty of first team exposure. That said, Mowbray tactically got it all wrong. When you are playing top of the league you cannot have 2 players who are so defensively inept playing on the same flank. Lameiras shows glimmers of brilliance and i think as a number 10 he could be very effective, unfortunately for him both madders and cole are better, but playing him on the wing in front of Phillips was a bad bad call

mechaishida

Maybe give him a few weeks 'rest', get his head together, and maybe TM and JC will either loan him out or try and move him upfield a bit.

It's clear he's not a full back. Maybe a more central midfielder, like his dad.

Users who are viewing this thread